Would you sign Christian Walton

Would you sign Christian Walton ?   

137 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sign Christian Walton?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

He's will be playing top division football in Premier League or Bundesliga next season. 

No idea why you're stating that like it's a fact based on an article on footballinsider247.com.

He's been very good lately, and fingers crossed that form continues if we're to have any chance of achieving anything this season, but after the Forest away game I'd have probably driven him back to Brighton.

I'd be staggered if he popped up as a number one somewhere in either the PL or Bundesliga.

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Not as a Number One.

I’m assuming we are still talking about Walton.

Yes still talking about Walton. 

2 hours ago, DE. said:

Big statement there Chadster. Not sure who "footballinsider247" are or indeed who their "source at Brighton" is (possibly a drunk local) but I'll be very surprised if Walton isn't playing Championship football next season again, whether it be here or with another club around us. Two loan spells at Wigan and a loan spell with us (as we sit in upper mid-table) doesn't spell automatic move to become No1 at a PL or Bundasliga club to me... but fair play to Christian if he does pull that off, it'll be some achievement!

I actually wouldn't be surprised at this point if he's our no1 next season, possibly on a permanent if the fee is reasonable. 

I rated him highly. He's improving game by game. 

I wouldn't be surprise if he is Brighton number 1 next season if Ryan does move on. 

50 minutes ago, frosty said:

No idea why you're stating that like it's a fact based on an article on footballinsider247.com.

He's been very good lately, and fingers crossed that form continues if we're to have any chance of achieving anything this season, but after the Forest away game I'd have probably driven him back to Brighton.

I'd be staggered if he popped up as a number one somewhere in either the PL or Bundesliga.

well we see in the summer

No matter who we sign as keeper I’d like to think we are signing two good keepers who both believe they will be number one and will fight for the shirt rather than the Canadian situation we currently have . That’s no dig at Mowbray before I get castigated just think we should be signing two keepers that have enough about them and have enough quality to come in with the intention of earning the numbers one jersey 

11 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

No matter who we sign as keeper I’d like to think we are signing two good keepers who both believe they will be number one and will fight for the shirt rather than the Canadian situation we currently have . That’s no dig at Mowbray before I get castigated just think we should be signing two keepers that have enough about them and have enough quality to come in with the intention of earning the numbers one jersey 

Competition would certainly be good 

He’s a decent Championship keeper, bit I’m pretty sure he’s not going to be playing as a first choice in a top European league in 6 months time.

He was never as bad as the ‘send him back to Brighton’ crew were making out earlier in the season, but I think a few are now getting carried away the other way.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, he is 1. There are others, Scott Carson(he may even have replaced Wright). I can't think now, but I am sure others will remember.

Even at that though, Steele, what an agent he must have. 

Lee grant at united, rob green chelsea. Two more off the top of my head 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Behave chaddy!

Why would Brighton’s 4th choice keeper end up as number 1 in the PL or Bundesliga?!

Everyone is allow different opinions Matty. 

I don't see him as Brighton 4th Keeper either like yourself. Walton wants to play games and not happy to sit on the bench being a number 2 or 3 like Button or Steele. 

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

He’s a decent Championship keeper, bit I’m pretty sure he’s not going to be playing as a first choice in a top European league in 6 months time.

He was never as bad as the ‘send him back to Brighton’ crew were making out earlier in the season, but I think a few are now getting carried away the other way.

Well depends on which PL and Bundesliga clubs are interested? do you even know who these clubs are. 

I think he is more than decent keeper tbh Matty. He has improved since the start of the season and his confidence is very high at the minute. He is 24 years old so he was always going to make mistakes just like many other keepers do at this age. 

Not saying he isn’t a decent keeper or that he hasn’t improved.

I’m saying he won’t be first choice in the Premier League or Bundesliga next season.

(Feel free to dredge this post up in August if he’s the main man at Werder Bremen, or wherever. )

Edited by Mattyblue

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Not saying he isn’t a decent keeper or that he hasn’t improved.

I’m saying he won’t be first choice in the Premier League or Bundesliga next season.

(Feel free to dredge this post up in August if he’s the main man at Werder Bremen, or wherever. )

Fair enough Matty. He will want play first team football next season. He doesn't want to sit on a bench 

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

@chaddyrovers

You might not see him as Brighton’s fourth choice ‘keeper, but that’s definitely what he is.

If he wasn’t, he’d either be on the bench every week or not on loan to us. Simple really.

well no he's not. Brighton sees it better for his development to play football instead of sitting on bench and not developing his clear talent. Just the Brighton keeper on loan at Rochdale. Playing games. Where you Button and Steele both over 30 and happy to sit on a bench and play basically zero football. If Ryan was to leave then I think Brighton would give the number 1 jersey to Walton

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Ryan was to leave then I think Brighton would give the number 1 jersey to Walton

You just go all in to win the particular argument you've set yourself up for.  You know nothing about Brightons policy, you don't know who will be their number one next season. Why do you talk with such authority on something you have no knowledge about?

• Moderation Lead
7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fair enough Matty. He will want play first team football next season. He doesn't want to sit on a bench 

well no he's not. Brighton sees it better for his development to play football instead of sitting on bench and not developing his clear talent. Just the Brighton keeper on loan at Rochdale. Playing games. Where you Button and Steele both over 30 and happy to sit on a bench and play basically zero football. If Ryan was to leave then I think Brighton would give the number 1 jersey to Walton

So, he’s currently fourth choice then, like I said? Glad you agree with me. See, that wasn’t so difficult, was it?
If Ryan left, they’d probs spent a truck load of cash on a new ‘keeper. It seems unlikely they’d throw in a guy at the deep end with no experience in the league his club play in.

Edited by K-Hod

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

You just go all in to win the particular argument you've set yourself up for.  You know nothing about Brightons policy, you don't know who will be their number one next season. Why do you talk with such authority on something you have no knowledge about?

Just like yourself Sparks. 

No one has spoken with any authority tho. I used I think. Which is my opinion.  If I used language like 'Walton will be number 1 if Ryan does leave' that's speaking with knowledge. 

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

So, he’s currently fourth choice then, like I said? Glad you agree with me. See, that wasn’t so difficult, was it?
If Ryan left, they’d probs spent a truck load of cash on a new ‘keeper. It seems unlikely they’d throw in a guy at the deep end with no experience in the league his club play in.

I didn't Agree with you. 

How you meant to get experience unless you give him a chance. 

8 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Is this obtuseness deliberate on chaddys part?