Would you sign Christian Walton

Would you sign Christian Walton ?   

137 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sign Christian Walton?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

Just now, roversfan99 said:

You only really see a player once you watch them week in and week out. Wigan fans were hardly gutted to see him go following his solitary prior season at this level, and Cook upgraded to get in an experienced and proven goalkeeper.

I didn't read much negativity from them about him. Can you not just accept that maybe he was ok there and worse here? 

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I didn't read much negativity from them about him. Can you not just accept that maybe he was ok there and worse here? 

I am just saying that obviously he mainly played in League 1, and maybe it is telling that reviews were mixed and they didnt seem too upset that he wasnt coming back, or indeed Cook himself wasnt desperate to bring him back.

I am just saying that obviously he mainly played in League 1, and maybe it is telling that reviews were mixed and they didnt seem too upset that he wasnt coming back, or indeed Cook himself wasnt desperate to bring him back.

He played a full season for them in both League 1 and the Championship. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

He was dropped for a period in the Championship season. Indeed at Ewood they had understudy Jamie Jones playing. 

Played 34 games for them in the Championship, 3 more than he did in League 1. After 2 seasons on loan I can understand why both parties would move on. 

I didn't read much negativity about him from Wigan fans, unlike here. We obviously saw the worst of him. 

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

That for me was the biggest thing. For a good player to go to your rivals who you see yourselves on a par to (higher one season, lower the next) in the kind of deal you could do. If that player was any good we would be steaming/gutted. That they weren't suggests they had reservations. 

Put it this way imagine Tosin went on loan to Bristol City or PNE next season. We would be gutted to have missed out and there's be a lot of outrage. That there was none of that from Wigan was a bit of an alarm bell. 

That said I think his form probably has been worst for us. Not that that's any consolation as keepers should be improving not regressing. So he's been either ok or poor the last few seasons, not someone who'd top my list of keepers for next year on that basis! 

• Like 1

Seems to start off a bit naff and gets better after a solid run of games. Lockdown must have been like pre-season or something as he reset to the guy that at the beginning of the season (but even worse).

Not good enough really and we should not be loaning kid keepers so that they can make their mistakes and learn from them with us.  it benefits the players club and not ours. If you gonna play a kid, at least let it be one of ours - if not, get an older head with solid experience in the nets.