Would you sign Christian Walton

Would you sign Christian Walton ?   

98 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Would you sign Christian Walton?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/02/20 at 00:00

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I didn't Agree with you. 

How you meant to get experience unless you give him a chance. 

How could someone that has three players in his position ahead of him at the club not be behind them in the pecking order? If Walton was ahead of fourth choice, he’d still be at the club, either on the bench, or in the team.

I agree with that, but that wasn’t something I ever denied. In any event, I’m just speculating on what I think Brighton will do, like you did.

He probably is thought more highly of than Steele (‘kin ell he should be), but obviously Steele is an English squad filler for quota purposes and just needs to turn up at the training ground every day, whilst they want Walton playing.

But it’s a bit of a stretch to say he’s suddenly going to be first choice in an elite league after three steady, if not exactly spectacular seasons on loan with us and Wigan in the Championship and League 1.

Edited by Mattyblue

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

How could someone that has three players in his position ahead of him at the club not be behind them in the pecking order? If Walton was ahead of fourth choice, he’d still be at the club, either on the bench, or in the team.

I agree with that, but that wasn’t something I ever denied. In any event, I’m just speculating on what I think Brighton will do, like you did.

But this season he’s Rovers’ number 1. To describe him as Brighton’s no 4 is a bit harsh because he’s our player for the season. 

23 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Clearly he is on loan at this level to get good experience. Why would they keep him around with 2 keepers ahead of him? That would be silly. You clearly know Steele isn't better than him. Do you think Brighton don't know that? 

31 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Clearly he is on loan at this level to get good experience. Why would they keep him around with 2 keepers ahead of him? That would be silly. You clearly know Steele isn't better than him. Do you think Brighton don't know that? 

He’s not any choice at all at the moment really, but it seems a simple concept hasn’t been understood....
Having seen Steele and Walton play I would agree. Steele was very poor for us.

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Cos Brighton seem him playing regularly more beneficial than sitting on a bench

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos Brighton seem him playing regularly more beneficial than sitting on a bench

Right, to put this in the simplest possible terms.

If Brighton had a keeper injured and then he got recalled, he would be third choice. Hence him currently being fourth choice.

8 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Right, to put this in the simplest possible terms.

If Brighton had a keeper injured and then he got recalled, he would be third choice. Hence him currently being fourth choice.

Cant be recalled at this time as it outside the transfer window. 

But if recalled I don't believe he would be behind Steele. He started off with great potential but gone nowhere with it. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

He is not number 1, he is not number 2. if he was he would be there. He is either 3 or 4. Still, I highly doubt that 'agent' produced article citing PL clubs and German top league clubs are after him.