BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tugay Kerimoglu goal with Andy Gray commentary..

Now this might be incredibly stupid question, but well here goes trying!

I've been a Rovers fan, probably ~15years now. I was a huge fan of Tugay when he was playing for Blackburn. He was such a natural midfield maestro with great technique.. and great shooting.

Anyway, I remember back in the 'early days of youtube', watching one goal highlight by Tugay, whichs' commentary is just stuck in my head. It was a "regular" Tugay type Goal of the Season contender. Thunderbolt from 30 yards out etc.. There are currently some videos in Youtube of Tugay goals for Blackburn but I cant find that particular one!

I remember there was a second commentary guy with (for a foreigner like me) ridiculously wide scottish dialect, I THINK it was Andy Gray as he was going on about "absolutely gloorius strike by Tugay.. he gets his foot around it and just unnleashes. Take a bow son, brrrilliant".

Would there be anyone crazy enough around here to have watched this and would remember this goal and? Who could place this description to a goal, video, or perhaps even have this one recorded and could upload it to Youtube ?.

Thanks of the effort guys! Its a beauty that 2006 against Spurs goal, but thats not it. Believe me, I've searched youtube for it ?.

I'm pretty positive its Andy Gray, he's the secondary commentator to the other guy. Just remembered further lines, like "But when Tugay hits them like this, there's no saving it, absolutely stunning". And the usual "Take a bow son, brrilliant" is almost unmistakable sentence.
I'd remember in the video the game was played towards other end of the field also.

Well ultimately if I just try to find all Tugay's blackburn goals, I should come up with that eventually ?

Edited by Letkajenkka

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was there and I don't remember it being a night match.  I was in the upper Jack Walker and I was right behind the cross as it came to Tugay. Kuqi provided a fantastic cross for the MGP goal.

Spot onTyrone, I'm sure it was an afternoon game and Kuqi provided the cross.  On the original point, Tugay scored a cracker in a UEFA Cup game at the Blackburn End - just found it on youtube - but that's a clip from French TV I think.  Would it have been Eurosport in the UK?  So not Andy Gray?  Anyway ignore the commentator....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, andyroversmad said:

Thought it might have been the volley against Spurs in 2006. Just checked YouTube but it didn't have Andy Gray commentary ?

I’m pretty sure this game would’ve been Andy Gray as it was a Sunday afternoon.

Sure I can recall his commentary as it’s on the Premier League Years rotation on Sky!

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I couldn't believe how Fulham left Tugay un-marked outside the area ! That was just asking for trouble.

It was a right wing corner taken by MGP. Instead of putting it into the penalty area or trying to score direct as he often did, MGP sent it pre-arranged to Tugay outside the box who hit it so sweetly on the volley. Two great goals that day. Nothing Fulham could have done about either goal.

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was there and I don't remember it being a night match.  I was in the upper Jack Walker and I was right behind the cross as it came to Tugay. Kuqi provided a fantastic cross for the MGP goal.

I mix this one up then! I was there---sort of it seems!!

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Pretty sure it is that goal Andy Gray said that line.

That clip is from Match of the day, so will have different commentary.

Well, this is the sky commentary (although you will have to watch some inferior goals first).

Actually, its a good watch, class goals all the way through. Unfortunately, Tugay's cuts off before the co-commentator says anything.

5 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Well, this is the sky commentary (although you will have to watch some inferior goals first).

Actually, its a good watch, class goals all the way through. Unfortunately, Tugay's cuts off before the co-commentator says anything.

That's a belting video!

Yer if it was Keyes and Gray, you'd imagine all the stuff Letkajenkka is looking for was said by Gray during the replays.

• Like 2

On 15/02/2020 at 09:48, davulsukur said:

That's a belting video!

Yer if it was Keyes and Gray, you'd imagine all the stuff Letkajenkka is looking for was said by Gray during the replays.

Looking at this bit (After VPN to Great Britain due to material not available otherwise). I think after all this COULD be the goal and video.. the commentary beginning sounds familiar, but indeed its cut before that Andy Gray part begins! ?