BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Martin Cook

johnradfordsubbuteo

1 hour ago, johnradfordsubbuteo said:

Thought it appropriate to say on here that Martin died last night.

I recall Mark Wastell's death being announced on here and Martin captained our BRFC Supporters Club in London in the APFSCIL League in the late 80s early 90s.

Quite simply a fantastic, intelligent bloke with a wicked sense of humour.

My uncles brother.

I remember him telling me some of the old stories from his London Branch days, away trips around the capital, the annual meals and a particularly funny story of him hiding in a shop on the Kings Road after being caught up at the infamous 1988 Chelsea v Middlesbrough playoff final 2nd leg (which included Stuart Ripley and captained by a young Tony Mowbray)

Proper Blackburnian, loved his real ale and the Rovers.

Will be sorely missed.

• 2 years later...

Met him, shared a house with him, played football and cricket with him and drank beers and shared stories with him in the early 80s,  he was at our wedding and my 40th but we were rubbish at keeping in touch, absolute top lad, so sad to hear, have pics and stories to share if you like, remember one night he couldn't complete the golf ball story, he was struggling to pronounce Fazakerley but kept going as we all cried laughing bless him x