BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (A) - 12:30pm KO (Sat 22nd Feb 2020)

Almost has a feel of Brentford away last season. The main questions will for TM will be surrounding a potential Rothwell return, DomSam vs SamGal and how to put pressure on David Raya in the air. 

Same Q's for you lot as usual:

• Who's going down for this one?
  • Score prediction & goal scorers?
  • Team prediction/who you'd play?

My A's:

• I'm not travelling, not for a midday on Sky
  • I'll take a stab at 2-1 Brentford with Armstrong getting our only goal.
  • I think Sam Gallagher might end up returning, which he shouldn't, and therefore I think we'll get beat.

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Will be watching the game at the airport, Tenerife calling???

The toughest game we have left this season, anything other than a defeat is welcome.

As will I! Haven't broken the news to my wife as yet, she's looking forward to a pre holiday shop and a bottle of fizz with her husband, I'm looking forward to Armstrong scoring from 45 yards out. 

• Like 7

Keep the team how it was vs Charlton, we were better in every aspect. They have some good defenders but when we've got corners / attacking free kicks get Lenihan, Johnson and Adarabaiyo on Raya and let's put the little tit under some pressure. He has a drop in him.

It's on Sky which often means a Rovers loss but I'm going to go for a score draw here. 1-1.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Keep the team how it was vs Charlton, we were better in every aspect. They have some good defenders but when we've got corners / attacking free kicks get Lenihan, Johnson and Adarabaiyo on Raya and let's put the little tit under some pressure. He has a drop in him.

It's on Sky which often means a Rovers loss but I'm going to go for a score draw here. 1-1.

Take that result in a heartbeat. I've a feeling that we'll put in a decent performance but be edged out 2-1. Obviously hope I'm wrong, but on paper this looks like it may be the hardest game we have left.

Apparently Jensen went off injured for them on Saturday. Meant to be an important cog in their machine, hopefully means they won't be at their most fluent. 

• K-Hod pinned this topic

Did playing Downing and Armstrong on the wrong wings really work?

Open question- I am not convinced.

Otherwise a resounding yes to keeping the team unchanged and Travis can biff them with the cast on his broken hand.

Absolute must win for Brentford for their automatic promotion hopes but feeling ridiculously positive about getting something other than a defeat with a red card thrown in and another injury from our last ever visit to Griffin Park.

We owe them for everything that happened there after the 12th minute last season. 

However, I fear Mowbray will see it differently and we will get a repeat of Fulham with defenders barred from going beyond half way.

Edited by philipl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rigger said:

I am going, 08:59 from Preston, it will have to be beers after the match. 0-2 for the mighty blues, swap Downing with Bell, bring Rothwell into fwd/mid. If Rothwell not available, same team as Charlton  

The very definition of cutting it fine...?

70D854C6-498B-4048-BC41-1911D14AA6DE.jpeg

2 hours ago, rigger said:

I am going, 08:59 from Preston, it will have to be beers after the match. 0-2 for the mighty blues, swap Downing with Bell, bring Rothwell into fwd/mid. If Rothwell not available, same team as Charlton  

I'd go on an earlier train if possible. You;re relying on everything going to schedule and even then it's tight making the kickoff

Forgot to ask the question in the opening post, but in the most likely event that Darragh Lenihan picks up a yellow card in this one, what would you like to see for the following two games in defence.

Nyambe Tosin Williams Bell?
Bennett Nyambe Tosin Bell?
Nyambe Tosin Mulgrew Bell?
Nyambe Tosin Williams Downing?
Nyambe Tosin Williams as a back three?

I think I'd go with the top one. 

Good team, very difficult game yet again but it is winnable there isn't a country mile between them and anybody else in this league on any given day. Anybody truly can beat anybody home or away we've proved that ourselves a few times so go with the tails high and the attitude that it's a hard game for THEM. 

No reason they shouldn't be fearing us and if i was manager i'd be telling them i want 50 crosses whizzing into Rayas 6 yard box minimum in this game !

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Forgot to ask the question in the opening post, but in the most likely event that Darragh Lenihan picks up a yellow card in this one, what would you like to see for the following two games in defence.

Nyambe Tosin Williams Bell?
Bennett Nyambe Tosin Bell?
Nyambe Tosin Mulgrew Bell?
Nyambe Tosin Williams Downing?
Nyambe Tosin Williams as a back three?

I think I'd go with the top one. 

Top one. 100%. Del is decent at cb. Any word on likely length of injury?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I'd go on an earlier train if possible. You;re relying on everything going to schedule and even then it's tight making the kickoff

I cannot get a bus into preston to catch an earlier train. I am due to arrive at Euston at 11:09, catching the direct 08:59 from Preston.

Edited by rigger

13 minutes ago, rigger said:

Thanks for your concern but the 08:59 from Preston is direct to Euston and arrives at 11:09

But then you’ll need to get the tube to Waterloo and then the train to Brentford, then walk to the ground.

Just hope for no delays!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

But you’ll need to get the tube to Waterloo and then the train to Brentford, then walk to the ground.

Just hope for no delays!

No, tube to Leicester sq then the heathrow tube to Boston manor, then a twenty minute walk to the ground.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1