BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (A) - 12:30pm KO (Sat 22nd Feb 2020)

2 hours ago, rigger said:

No, tube to Leicester sq then the heathrow tube to Boston manor, then a twenty minute walk to the ground.

Will you do us a live blog on here ? I’m sensing a future podcast item if you’re up for it....

“...as the train pulled into Euston at 11:50 I knew I was up against it...it was then that by an extraordinary fluke a passing helicopter pilot saw my scarf and offered me...” ?

11 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Will you do us a live blog on here ? I’m sensing a future podcast item if you’re up for it....

“...as the train pulled into Euston at 11:50 I knew I was up against it...it was then that by an extraordinary fluke a passing helicopter pilot saw my scarf and offered me...” ?

I’ll let you know how I get on 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Fair dos on that schedule. We’re on the 06:49-10:41 and I thought would be cutting it fine. Think last time we went from Euston to Vauxhall then Vauxhall to Brentford. Seemed to work quite well. 

Almost four hours to London? I'm on the 8.15 from Piccadilly and arrive at Euston at 10.21.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Simple equation, a win takes us into the play off places at full time, there’s your incentive!

Tough game but we are capable of turning anyone over, id be happy with a draw here and think we’ll get a 1-1

I wouldn’t be making any changes even if Gallagher, Rothwell and JRC are fit, Chappy will make way from the bench no doubt but the lads the last week really earned their spot in the team 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Would kinda like any other fixture than this one, has potential to derail momentum and season, if we don’t get beat though I will be delighted and optimistic for next run of games 

It also has the potential to springboard us! This feels like a titanic game for us and I’m excited for it already - it’s only Monday!! Not felt like it in some time. 

If we lose I will be absolutely gutted but the test then becomes whether we can pick ourselves up. Make no mistakes this is a game we could lose easily, Brentford are no mugs but all the team can do is give it 100% and I’m sure all our fans will be happy regardless 

• Like 2

When looking at opponents, I deduct the points advantage from the first head-to-head to see how we have each performed against everyone else, and these boys are miles ahead of us, versus the likes of Preston and Fulham whose points advantage is entirely due to one-offs.

I’d take a point now.

46 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

When looking at opponents, I deduct the points advantage from the first head-to-head to see how we have each performed against everyone else, and these boys are miles ahead of us, versus the likes of Preston and Fulham whose points advantage is entirely due to one-offs.

I’d take a point now.

Hopefully we can do the double.

They had won 6 in a row when we beat them easily.

Harder away from home, but I wouldn't swap our first choice defence for any.

• Like 1

This is a hard one and most probably our toughest game left.

However, i hope Mowbray and the players do not give Brentford too much respect and let them worry about us.

They will be wary regards Rovers by simply looking at the form table and recent results away. 

If you compare last season (5-2) i would argue we look much more settled at the back, lenihan and Tosin look a good partnership right now, as does Nyambe and the much improved Bell.

Travis seems to improve each week and is unbelievably energetic, Armstrong is on fire and if i was part of Rovers coaching staff I'd be making sure Downing, Nyambe etc pepper Brentfords goal area, we know Raya is a little suspect when it comes to commanding his area.

I'm going for a close entertaining match with 1 goal either side nicking it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

Almost four hours to London? I'm on the 8.15 from Piccadilly and arrive at Euston at 10.21.

From Clitheroe. Changing at bolton/manc. Northern powerhouse. Takes as long to get out of Lancashire than it does to get to London. ?. For the Midlands games takes literally as long to get to Preston as from Preston to say Wolverhampton. 

4 hours ago, matt83 said:

From Clitheroe. Changing at bolton/manc. Northern powerhouse. Takes as long to get out of Lancashire than it does to get to London. ?. For the Midlands games takes literally as long to get to Preston as from Preston to say Wolverhampton. 

That must be really frustrating. Is your return leg a similar duration?

Hopefully there are no issues with Northern Fail for you. I live in Darwen and it would be easier for me to get the train to Bolton and on to Piccadilly but I just don't trust Northern Fail. I drive to Manchester and park my car for £3.50.

This is a big footballing test against a good side. They blow a bit hot and cold but on their day can beat anyone in the league. Much bigger test than the last few games. My head is saying we should play a bit more conservatively and be solid, however I don't think this mentality suits us (even though Mowbray can resist). I think were better off going for it toe to toe, taking the risk of conceeding a few in the process. Downing an

Same team as last game. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I’d take a point now.

Working on your theory they are due a loss

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

That must be really frustrating. Is your return leg a similar duration?

Hopefully there are no issues with Northern Fail for you. I live in Darwen and it would be easier for me to get the train to Bolton and on to Piccadilly but I just don't trust Northern Fail. I drive to Manchester and park my car for £3.50.

Yup. 19:30-22:55 on the way back. Although that goes via Preston so we’ll prob get out and taxi it from there. The pitfalls of not living close to a mainline.

Win, lose or draw the worst thing is still walking through the door to a frosty reception and interrogation of how much had to drink. And an encyclopaedic knowledge of earlier trains could have got. 

• Like 2

I think the players know how important the game is, glad we have a full week to prepare, rather than the usual mid-week then Saturday turnaround.

Win would be huge, but I'd take a point now.

I've given up any playoff talk a couple of times this season already, but, as they say ''Its the hope that kills you.''

Just now, Neal said:

Over hyped this lot. Decent side no doubt but teams give them too much respect. 

They are a West London based club, just a couple of miles down the road from Sky Sports studios, who score plenty of goals and unearth good foreign players.

If ever there was a perfect storm for positive publicity and being over hyped they're it. 

Can practically smell the excitement at Sky/Talksport of having a new London club in the Premier League stacked full of foreigners playing nice football.

• Like 1