BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (A) - 12:30pm KO (Sat 22nd Feb 2020)

Looked good on crosses the last time we played them. He is just that kind of keeper, small, agile, great instincts and likes to get things going. Mistakes will happen but they should iron out over his career. Still think he will end up in the PL - maybe even this season. 

Not Sure If it's the few beers on a Friday but i'm looking forward to tomorrow/ next week. This fixture defined our season last year. It could well do the same again this year. 

It will really be a barometer if we have or haven't progressed in the last year.

It won't define whether Mowbray job is secure, he all but us having a complete collapse get's another crack at it next season (especially considering the injuries).

However I think we'll know keeping in mind our 2 games after are back at Ewood if we are genuinely in a Play off fight after the week is done.

That said a point tomorrow should indicate a positive result as long as it was gained in a positive manner (ALA not how we played against Fulham).

6 points this week is the minimum ideally we get some from a fellow rival!

13 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I'm not sure I'd even go as far as that. The carrot for winning is massive, no doubt about that. But we can probably lose 3 or 4 of our remaining games and still have a good chance of finishing 6th. If we're edged out in our hardest looking away game, we live to fight another day.

Exactly my opinion mate.

Every game is a cup final I agree, but going off previous years 6th place stats we can be sure enough to be there or abouts if we win X amount of games from now untill may.

I expect a loss but I know we can surprise when it come to the "big shot" teams.

Edited by Dontfuckwithcats

11 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Bookies don't fancy us at all we're 5/1 for the win.

That's crazy odds to say they're only 5 points above us, we've already beat them this season and we're the form team around... 

5 wins out of 6 against them too isn’t it? Let’s do ‘em tomorrow again lads!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roverthechimp said:

Dilemma - match is available on My sports channel. Historically when i have watched we have lost 3 out of 4 whilst when i have missed the game we have won 4 from 6...

Do the right thing. 

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Bookies don't fancy us at all we're 5/1 for the win.

That's crazy odds to say they're only 5 points above us, we've already beat them this season and we're the form team around... 

Then fill your boots!

We've a good record against Brentford and as I've said many times before, in this league, confidence and momentum are everything.

We need to be positive and aggressive right from the off and Brentford might struggle to handle it.  If we give them too much respect and try to keep it tight then we could get torn to shreds. 

Stuck £20 on Rovers' win at 28/5 and £5 on 2-1 at 22/1.  Got a nice feeling about this one.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

Then fill your boots!

We've a good record against Brentford and as I've said many times before, in this league, confidence and momentum are everything.

We need to be positive and aggressive right from the off and Brentford might struggle to handle it.  If we give them too much respect and try to keep it tight then we could get torn to shreds. 

Stuck £20 on Rovers' win at 28/5 and £5 on 2-1 at 22/1.  Got a nice feeling about this one.

Have you ever looked at the profit of the gambling companies? They shit money. So when the odds are 5/1 on a one off game its a long shot. 

I'd snap your hand off for a draw. Which I still can't get my head around when the fact is we're playing Brentford. 

After the Charlton game in which we made the most of a big pitch we are on one of the smaller, tighter pitches here. Brentford tend to use this well with a short, sharp passing game. We need to press all over the pitch and be intense out of possession as well as in possession. Armstrong and Samuel are our two most mobile forwards and just start. No wide strikers for me but I fear he will recall Gallagher and play him there.

• Like 3

We need 1.8pts per game for 13 games. Focusing on the three we have this week then 5pts technically keeps us in the race and anything less means we’ve fallen behind.

i want a minimum of 6pts out of the next three games. Get 7 or 9pts out of those three and we are really motoring.

Come on Rovers!!!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

After the Charlton game in which we made the most of a big pitch we are on one of the smaller, tighter pitches here. Brentford tend to use this well with a short, sharp passing game. We need to press all over the pitch and be intense out of possession as well as in possession. Armstrong and Samuel are our two most mobile forwards and just start. No wide strikers for me but I fear he will recall Gallagher and play him there.

Me too. Though I’m hoping the height of DS means he doesn’t think we need SG as an out ball. Got a big decision to make on Bucko today. He played well enough last week but does he hang on to his place away at Brentford? Or do we set up more attritionally?

1 hour ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Have you ever looked at the profit of the gambling companies? They shit money. So when the odds are 5/1 on a one off game its a long shot. 

I'd snap your hand off for a draw. Which I still can't get my head around when the fact is we're playing Brentford. 

Doesn't mean they get it right every time though does it? For years they've messed up with Real Sociedad vs Barcelona. Anyone who follows Spanish football will know about their H2H record yet they will always price Barca at 1/5.

Most mug punters piss their money away backing all the favourites in silly accumulators lining their pockets.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Inglorious basturk said:

This game is pivotal for me , 

a - we bury Brentford I feel we have turned a corner, I’ll resign all previous reservations and be totally positive 

b-  we get nothing from the game , rinse and repeat , new manager needed

That’s ridiculous. One of the toughest away fixtures in the league and you’re prepared to call for the manager’s sacking if we lose. We’re top of the form table over the last 17 games but that will all go out of the window I assume. You don’t do yourself any favours.

Losing today is not a disaster. Losing there last year wasn’t a disaster, it was the month of results that followed which sealed our fate. Today is a big test but if we lose it’ll all come down to the reaction next week.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

We are capable of the hard press and a smaller pitch should help but its if we can keep the energy going for 90 minutes that might be the issue.

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Me too. Though I’m hoping the height of DS means he doesn’t think we need SG as an out ball. Got a big decision to make on Bucko today. He played well enough last week but does he hang on to his place away at Brentford? Or do we set up more attritionally?

For me, and I know some will call for it, the question is will Mowbray tinker? By all accounts the team played really well last week so why change it unless there are any unknown injuries around?

19 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

That’s ridiculous. One of the toughest away fixtures in the league and you’re prepared to call for the manager’s sacking if we lose. We’re top of the form table over the last 17 games but that will all go out of the window I assume. You don’t do yourself any favours.

Losing today is not a disaster. Losing there last year wasn’t a disaster, it was the month of results that followed which sealed our fate. Today is a big test but if we lose it’ll all come down to the reaction next week.

I agree that this match is not a barometer to dismiss or not but if lose and capitulate like it has been known previously then it shows that the team has not evolved and learnt anything in 12 months.

Lose by the odd goal and play well then there has been progress.

Draw then we are in the play off mix. Win and then even I, who thinks that we are here despite Mowbray, will have to rethink this.

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Doesn't mean they get it right every time though does it? For years they've messed up with Real Sociedad vs Barcelona. Anyone who follows Spanish football will know about their H2H record yet they will always price Barca at 1/5.

Most mug punters piss their money away backing all the favourites in silly accumulators lining their pockets.

Agreed, they make mistakes. However its usually a pretty good barometer of what'll happen in the game vs someone who has a 'nice feeling' but gets it wrong most of the time.