BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (A) - 12:30pm KO (Sat 22nd Feb 2020)

I liked the spirit shown midway in the half when Bell was challenging for the ball on the half way line and got tangled up with their player, who got the foul. Johnson came over to separate the players and practically rode the fellow who got the foul - quite undignified and demeaning, but in a dominant kind of way from Johnno. Top work!

• Like 1

Just now, superniko said:

Our issue is keeping hold of the ball and possession. Replacing Buckley with Bennett will not solve that at all!

If we hold on here I’ll be amazed, feel like we need another. 

Missing being there as I’m over in Tipperary, Ireland, but managed to ensure the pub has it on over then Chelsea game!

COYB

Whereabouts? 

Need to start leaving Armstrong on the halfway line for Brentford corners this half. It's bizarre having everyone back when they push ten up, as soon as he does that it takes at least one of their players (usually two) to stay back with him. Simple stuff.

• Like 3

I've been, and may continue to be a Bell critic, but that was a very good 45 from him. 

I thought Buckley showed on maybe 3 occasions that he has the ability and vision to make him an exciting prospect. That said, this game may be dictated by how well we can perform out of possession. Would be surprised if he makes it through the 90.

Just now, WIR Second Coming said:

I liked the spirit shown midway in the half when Bell was challenging for the ball on the half way line and got tangled up with their player, who got the foul. Johnson came over to separate the players and practically rode the fellow who got the foul - quite undignified and demeaning, but in a dominant kind of way from Johnno. Top work!

When he fell on another lad he elbowed him in the back of the head,pushing his face into the grass. Nice. 

6 minutes ago, mick said:

I must say that Brentford look very shaky defending. 

Agree.

We need to be more positive and confident.  A second goal kills it.

Buckley too light weight - needs replacing.

To those whose nerves are shredding - open a bottle and enjoy the second half!!!

Just now, Russ said:

Need to start leaving Armstrong on the halfway line for Brentford corners this half. It's bizarre having everyone back when they push ten up, as soon as he does that it takes at least one of their players (usually two) to stay back with him. Simple stuff.

I suppose if he gets it ,he can still break at pace 

Impressed by Brentford’s speed of thought and passing, Nyambe and Bell having to stay back and still getting done too often. Great battling performance though against a technically better team. You can see why Brentford score a lot and also concede, our goal was made simple by a dozy defender, great touch by Arma then the world-class Raya completely in no-mans-land.

Think we've played well, just need to not get caught overplaying in the wrong areas, rather get it in their last third and force a mistake.

I'm warming to Buckley, like his composure and has great vision and passing. If he does his stuff in the right areas he can unlock their defence.

Will need to be on it from the off in the second half but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Edited by LDRover
Typo
  • Like 1

Don’t know how we are winning this one but let’s hope whatever spell we have over them continues. We’ve certainly grown in this second half.

But... does Mowbray get his tactics off BRFCS...

7 hours ago, arbitro said:

After the Charlton game in which we made the most of a big pitch we are on one of the smaller, tighter pitches here. Brentford tend to use this well with a short, sharp passing game. We need to press all over the pitch and be intense out of possession as well as in possession. Armstrong and Samuel are our two most mobile forwards and just start. No wide strikers for me but I fear he will recall Gallagher and play him there.

Spot on so far, Tony. Maybe you need to get a consultancy fee? ☺️

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Impressed by Brentford’s speed of thought and passing, Nyambe and Bell having to stay back and still getting done too often. Great battling performance though against a technically better team. You can see why Brentford score a lot and also concede, our goal was made simple by a dozy defender, great touch by Arma then the world-class Raya completely in no-mans-land.

Ridiculous to blame Raya for that. Defender left him stranded.

• Like 1

Surprised and delighted to be winning. It's amazing how perspective is different, we look solid 90% of the time and a drubbing waiting to happen the other 10%

I'd get Buckley off for Gallagher and play it long with Arma and Samuel on the wings, they seem a mess dealing with long balls.

Also, I personally thought Raya did everything right for the goal as he had all the angles covered yet Armstrong scored the only way he could, did anyone expect that from him, excellent goal, no blame.

Trying to forget that we were 1 goal up here last season at half time, then conceded four in the second half...

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 1