BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (A) - 12:30pm KO (Sat 22nd Feb 2020)

Do you know what lads I’m actually as equally gutted as I am impressed. Top 2 form sides put on a spectacle. We looked dangerous every time we got forward, in behind the back line and looked at one point in absolute control. 

Pegged back by a worldy. Reminiscent of the Torres goal against us the once. Honestly you cannot criticise a man for that goal, it was beautifully taken. The penalty definitely shouldn’t have been given but it probably levelled out the penalty he gave us. Knew he was going to give it. 

I was impressed with us all over the pitch. We went there and gave it our all, not a fault to give really. I’d have taken a draw at the start but so so gutted not to come away with all 3 points. Armas 1-1, he a fraction off side at the very end too. On another day it could have gone any way. 

Take that form into stoke and Swansea and we will win. We are the two sides to beat right now and neither could beat the other - says all ya need to know. Onto next Tuesday full of confidence now. Great game. 

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Whereabouts? 

My better half is from Tipp town so we’re back for the weekend, usually always come back for the Ire v Eng 6N match. 

On the result....everyone knows its upsetting losing a 2-0 lead, but I think that majority would have taken a draw before the match, brentford were the better team throughout, and given they had a 62% chance winning beforehand we have to take this as a positive. That was our hardest remaining game of the season. 
A win against Stoke..... we’d all have taken 4 points from the 2 games. 

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Would have took a point before the game but we did really well today. 

Armstrong should have hat trick today. 

But we were robbed by a ref and linesman being weak again. When will the EFL start getting better refs. It's a joke. 

Sorry, we weren't robbed.  Great decision by linesman at end - Armstrong was offside.

You take the rough with the smooth and things tend to have evened themselves out over the course of the season.

Mark Chapman on R5 says again that Brentford got a soft penalty. Nobody in the R5 studio saying that about ours.

Mind; in the great scheme of things, what people in the R5 studio - or on here - think about Brentford's pen don't matter, do they??

Very hard game and 2-0 flattered us, but do feel a bit disappointed.

On reflection, a draw is a good result and better than I thought we'd get before the game.

Buckley too lightweight for a game like that, Johnson and Travis must be exhausted.

Travis is massive player, £10M + if he keeps improving at this rate.

Special mention for Raya today, he'll always be a Rover at heart ? 

• Like 1

Throwing far too many points away. Frustrating seeing us surrender the ball so cheaply and so often - especially with this possession play we apparently have. Both teams with lots of clear chances. Brentford the far better footballing side but that doesn't mean much.  A good point in the end but never a penalty for them.

One major plus - the sixty mins we were in the playoffs may become the stuff of legend.

• Like 3

• Backroom
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I felt our pen was a pen. Brentford wasnt. The guy was falling before any contact

Of course you thought ours was a penalty, sure you would have done up the other end too! I've never seen you disagree with a decision that favoured us to be fair

I think ours was soft, not a penalty and I don't think he gives theirs if he hadn't given ours as it clearly wasn't a penalty so it evens out.

I also thought the linesmen got their calls right today.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Keep forgetting you don’t do colloquial conversation after a certain point.

It was never a dive in a million years so you are wrong - better?

Maybe not a blatant dive but he fell rather easily.  Felt the touch and went down.  That's all it was too, a touch.  I'd bet if that was outside the box with a chance of him going thru he'd have stayed on his feet. Sick to the hind teeth of officiating costing us points.  Happy with the point we were outplayed, could have been 3.  1'st from my view offside, more so than Armstrong at the end, I think. 2'nd not a pen.  If we are.giving those then we can expect 4 or 5 pens a game.  Sick of refs sick of refs.  

• Like 1

Just now, m1st said:

Mark Chapman on R5 says again that Brentford got a soft penalty. Nobody in the R5 studio saying that about ours.

Mind; in the great scheme of things, what people in the R5 studio - or on here - think about Brentford's pen don't matter, do they??

Buckley got wiped out. No question at all - a free kick anywhere on the pitch. Raya has done that a couple of times for us - he's thick.

• Like 3