BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (A) - 12:30pm KO (Sat 22nd Feb 2020)

1 minute ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Great team result. Lost to a worldie and a dodgy penalty. I take the 2-2 and a point each. Defensively we weathered the storm.

Half time table looked so pleasing. Shame we cant hang on for 3 points but im not complaining. Definitely progress especially when we don't have the luxury of our 3 creative players.

We didn’t lose mate.

And not aimed at you but I wish people would stop posting those ‘live’ league tables. You don’t get the points until after the final whistle!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Doug said:

Very hard game and 2-0 flattered us, but do feel a bit disappointed.

On reflection, a draw is a good result and better than I thought we'd get before the game.

Buckley too lightweight for a game like that, Johnson and Travis must be exhausted.

Travis is massive player, £10M + if he keeps improving at this rate.

Special mention for Raya today, he'll always be a Rover at heart ? 

Willing runner, but I don't think he has the range of passing to play at the next level. 

Just now, Mercer said:

Sorry, we weren't robbed.  Great decision by linesman at end - Armstrong was offside.

You take the rough with the smooth and things tend to have evened themselves out over the course of the season.

Sorry Mercer. The officials in the England game are poor and pathetic. No wonder we didn't have single ref at the world cup. Wake up and smell the coffee Mercer. 

Their pen wasnt a pen. Ours was in my opinion. Raya's hands in Buckley face. Pen. Brentford's pen wasnt. Clearly dive. 

• Like 1

Just now, USABlue said:

Maybe not a blatant dive but he fell rather easily.  Felt the touch and went down.  That's all it was too, a touch.  I'd bet if that was outside the box with a chance of him going thru he'd have stayed on his feet. Sick to the hind teeth of officiating costing us points.  Happy with the point we were outplayed, could have been 3.  1'st from my view offside, more so than Armstrong at the end, I think. 2'nd not a pen.  If we are.giving those then we can expect 4 or 5 pens a game.  Sick of refs sick of refs.  

We must be talking about a different incident here. He got two hands in his back while jumping for the ball.

Anyway...

Still no top 6 for us. Down to 10th by 5pm if things don’t go our way.

All eyes on (Stoke v) Cardiff and (Wigan v) Millwall.

• Like 1

Just now, TheKitGuy said:

Nobody else think we were a little bit poor? Defensively we seemed solid enough but lots of times we lost possession by passing to them and we didn't offer much up the top? 

Yeah, we had the fight and togetherness but in possession we were lackluster. 

Just now, Amo said:

Yeah, we had the fight and togetherness but in possession we were lackluster. 

Yes that’s why we didn’t win , an inability to hold onto a lead .... again , their soft pen was just the consequence 

2 good goals , 

2 soft pens 

2 keepers doing decent jobs 

2 points lost although I suppose overall they were the better side 

Brentford outplayed us last year and this year at there ground. Very impressive team on their day.  Some very gifted technical players. Made us look sluggish at times.

Seen a stat on facebook comparing us against the same teams as last year. had us 5 points better off. Scored more and conceded less. If that's true it will be 6 points better off.

Overall I'm delighted with the point and effort shown. Special credit to travis. The boy didnt stop running. All the players effort and commitment lately has been impressive. 

Well done boys

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Very,very tight 

9 minutes ago, Stuart said:

It looked even less offside on the replay. It’s when the ball is kicked by a teammate...

I rewound it and watched it back from normal footage. Pausing it as the ball is is played he is definitely offside.

• Like 1

Without Watkins and Benrahma they have very little. Everything went through those 2. Would have liked to see of Armstrong was clearly offside because it didn't look like he was right at the end. Dissapointed but would have taken a point ore match. 

Edited by Neal

• Backroom

Don't know how anyone thinks ours wasn't a pen.

If it had just been the body check then fair enough,  that's momentum and a clash.

But he grabs him round the neck and hauls him down. You touch attackers by the head that aggressively and it's a stonewall pen every time. 

Theirs was the usual joke decision against us.

Draw fair result though. We were lucky they didn't score another from open play. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

One far luckier than the other. Raya was all over Buckley. Their guy just blatantly dived. 

Nonsense.

Raya had pushed the ball clear when he collided with Buckley in a natural coming together.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Fortunately I got a screen shot to save that moment forever. 

Just a shame, it’s not real.

We just can’t see out games such is our mental weakness and lack of depth (wasting millions followed by zero January signings, in a season with a top six target, won’t help with that). 23 points now dropped this season from winning positions.

This tells a huge story...

B5D85038-8015-4DB6-A1BD-A71215331CD3.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

Of course you thought ours was a penalty, sure you would have done up the other end too! I've never seen you disagree with a decision that favoured us to be fair

I think ours was soft, not a penalty and I don't think he gives theirs if he hadn't given ours as it clearly wasn't a penalty so it evens out.

I also thought the linesmen got their calls right today.

Look where Raya's hands were. Right in Buckley's face. Foul every day of the week. Ref missed clear fouls on Bell first half. 4th official 2 or 3 yards away. Foul on Johnson miss. Last couple of mins

13 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Great team result. Lost to a worldie and a dodgy penalty. I take the 2-2 and a point each. Defensively we weathered the storm.

Half time table looked so pleasing. Shame we cant hang on for 3 points but im not complaining. Definitely progress especially when we don't have the luxury of our 3 creative players.

Exactly and how did you feel? How proud? I was 

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Their pen wasnt a pen. Ours was in my opinion. Raya's hands in Buckley face. Pen. Brentford's pen wasnt. Clearly dive. 

Im with Chaddy on this.  Buckley only ends up on the ground as Raya comes over the top of him. If it was other way around the keeper gets a free kick without a doubt.

Whereas their guy goes down because he anticipates or feels a soft touch.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

Just now, Stuart said:

Just a shame, it’s not real.

We just can’t see out games such is our mental weakness and lack of depth (wasting millions followed by zero January signings, in a season with a top six target, won’t help with that). 23 points now dropped this season from winning positions.

This tells a huge story...

B5D85038-8015-4DB6-A1BD-A71215331CD3.jpeg

I was told our starting line up in our last game was 2.7 million. If that's true. TM is doing wonders

• Like 2