BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (A) - 12:30pm KO (Sat 22nd Feb 2020)

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Look where Raya's hands were. Right in Buckley's face. Foul every day of the week. Ref missed clear fouls on Bell first half. 4th official 2 or 3 yards away. Foul on Johnson miss. Last couple of mins

He's a poor, poor referee.  Many are these days.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Just a shame, it’s not real.

We just can’t see out games such is our mental weakness and lack of depth (wasting millions followed by zero January signings, in a season with a top six target, won’t help with that). 23 points now dropped this season from winning positions.

That worldie would have gone in against anyone, and the soft penalty, well.....

Mental weakness and lack of depth had absolutely nothing to do with not seeing the game out today. I’m not saying it hasn’t in the past, but I don’t think you’re being rational here mate.

• Like 3

This chaddy guy is sending me mental , I’m an adult so I won’t be putting him on ignore and I think he has obviously right to opinion , and the partisan attitude is to be admired but the inability to just be objective is borderline inhuman . I’ll perhaps put it down to being a fairly young lad , the exuberance of youth !! 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

Nobody else think we were a little bit poor? Defensively we seemed solid enough but lots of times we lost possession by passing to them and we didn't offer much up the top? 

Still happy with the point though, take it and go forward. 

We battled and had chances but Arma looked the only goal threat. 

Frustration is -   for us to get into the top 6, we need to beat some of the teams at the top.  We lost against Fulham and couldn't hang on today. We're a little bit short of play off quality IMO. 

We need to win 5 out of the last 6 home games now to have a sniff.  Can't see that tbh.

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

That worldie would have gone in against anyone, and the soft penalty, well.....

Mental weakness and lack of depth had absolutely nothing to do with not seeing the game out today. I’m not saying it hasn’t in the past, but I don’t think you’re being rational here mate.

I’d agree if it hadn’t felt so predictable 

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sorry Mercer. The officials in the England game are poor and pathetic. No wonder we didn't have single ref at the world cup. Wake up and smell the coffee Mercer. 

Their pen wasnt a pen. Ours was in my opinion. Raya's hands in Buckley face. Pen. Brentford's pen wasnt. Clearly dive. 

Let's just beg to differ.

I do try to be objective in my views.

• Like 1

A great point gained and TBH I didnt give us much chance today, We are a better team than I thought.

There was NO mental weakness in Rovers today. Brentford scored a worldie and got a penalty through cheating and missed a host of chances, they had 20 shots and 9 on target.

Every Rovers player was a credit to the shirt.

Buckley is a real footballer.

• Like 9

Just now, Hasta said:

But also hows how we have blown our budget.

Were competing at the right end of the table. Home grown players getting in the team. Slowly improving. He could sell them at a massive profit tomorrow. And will do when we eventually sell them.  Loan signings shrewd. Free transfers excellent. 

Cant see how TM can be beat to death with the BB signing. Or Gallagher signing. Overall we have continually improved under his reign. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Blue n whites said:

Were competing at the right end of the table. Home grown players getting in the team. Slowly improving. He could sell them at a massive profit tomorrow. And will do when we eventually sell them.  Loan signings shrewd. Free transfers excellent. 

Cant see how TM can be beat to death with the BB signing. Or Gallagher signing. Overall we have continually improved under his reign. 

Agree. Just frustrating that we shoud have been even better in theory had we spent more wisely. 

Big 2 games coming up. 4 points probably ok but if 6 has to be the target.

Edited by Hasta

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Yes but we need to beat teams above us.  Bristol, leeds, wba all to come at home. 

Great games.

In our hands.  Positivity and bottle needed.

No one else to blame if we don't make it.

• Like 1

We need between 70-73 points in all probability to get into the top 6 by the end of the season. This is such a topsy-turvy league I don’t think it matters which games those points come from. You could argue that it is an inability to beat the poor teams that has kept us out of the top 6 at the minute. 6 wins from anywhere will do.

Edit: this was in response to Wing Wizard Windy Miller above

Edited by oldjamfan1