BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (A) - 12:30pm KO (Sat 22nd Feb 2020)

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

The game of two pens that never were.Cant really complain about theirs when ours wasn't either.

For me Walton has let the opposition get back into the game today just as at Boro. Great strike by Watkins but if Walton was covering his near post he makes a routine save. He was way too far over towards the centre of the goal gambling Watkins didn't go near post.

As Tyrone said above successful sides see out wins from winning positions. Sky highlighted that even before today we were joint top of the table for dropping points from winning positions. 21 before today, 23 now.

On the plus side, thought all the back 4 were very good. Battled really hard. Best I've seen them play as a unit.

Still Loving Raya then?  Was a penalty rev. Both hands on our player and hauled him to the ground is why I think it was. Why do you think it was not a penalty?

Just now, bluebruce said:

I'm not that young and definitely prefer when football was more blood and thunder than it is now. But ultimately it doesn't matter what football you grew up on, football is as it is now. And in modern football those are two penalties.

Yes, of course you're right but before long if things carry on as they are the game will become a non contact sport.

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The game of two pens that never were.Cant really complain about theirs when ours wasn't either.

For me Walton has let the opposition get back into the game today just as at Boro. Great strike by Watkins but if Walton was covering his near post he makes a routine save. He was way too far over towards the centre of the goal gambling Watkins didn't go near post.

As Tyrone said above successful sides see out wins from winning positions. Sky highlighted that even before today we were joint top of the table for dropping points from winning positions. 21 before today, 23 now.

On the plus side, thought all the back 4 were very good. Battled really hard. Best I've seen them play as a unit.

Whilst it’s a stunning strike I do think Walton lost his bearings a bit, shouldn’t be central there but I don’t think a shot first time was anticipated by anyone 

• Like 1

Just now, Tom said:

Whilst it’s a stunning strike I do think Walton lost his bearings a bit, shouldn’t be central there but I don’t think a shot first time was anticipated by anyone 

He couldn't have got that shot more in the top corner if he'd have placed it there with his hands. Even Brad wouldn't have got to that one.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Didnt think he offered much today tbh.

Thought he did ok - shows intelligence when in a tight corner defending and has a reasonable pace and strength. If AA had played the through ball instead of shooting (few mins after 1st goal) then Samuel would have been clear in the box.

My point was more that i saw more from Samuel today than i have from SG and BB in the games i have seen whilst DG wasn't great last time i saw him. If SG, BB and DS were all freebies then i would be keeping DS and looking for a top striker...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

As we are being hyper Critical about the keepers then yes perhaps he did seem a touch at sea , but only in the way that only a tiny amount of posters think raya shouldn’t have attempted to narrow the angle with Armstrong 

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He couldn't have got that shot more in the top corner if he'd have placed it there with his hands. Even Brad wouldn't have got to that one.

Yep may have flown in anyway it was that sweet a strike 

Half times going our way 

• Backroom
Just now, Inglorious basturk said:

As we are being hyper Critical about the keepers then yes perhaps he did seem a touch at sea , but only in the way that only a tiny amount of posters think raya shouldn’t have attempted to narrow the angle with Armstrong 

I thought Raya was awful for our first, class finish but Raya made it an easy decision, bouncing ball and keeper off his line 

Just now, Inglorious basturk said:

Raya did the right thing for me. He made Armstrong go for the chip. On another day the gale could have carried the ball over the bar. As it was Armstrong judged it to perfection.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sorry Mercer. The officials in the England game are poor and pathetic. No wonder we didn't have single ref at the world cup. Wake up and smell the coffee Mercer. 

Their pen wasnt a pen. Ours was in my opinion. Raya's hands in Buckley face. Pen. Brentford's pen wasnt. Clearly dive. 

Not just digging out you here Chaddy, but the amount of stick referees get is ridiculous. He was by no means perfect today, but it’s not only a tough job, it’s a completely thankless task.

Wherever you look these days people love moaning about how refs are incompetent and ruining the game... these are the same people who celebrate ‘shithousing’.

Players attempting to cheat and con the ref is widely accepted. Teams work on it. When they are successful at it it’s all the referees fault.

These ridiculous expectations, along with the  massive scrutiny and inevitable outrage they face have led to shit ideas like VAR being introduced.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tom said:

Very harsh. From memory, I think he was right to be central, the shot could have been aimed at either side from there. I don't fault him for this one in the slightest.

• Like 3

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

Not just digging out you here Chaddy, but the amount of stick referees get is ridiculous. He was by no means perfect today, but it’s not only a tough job, it’s a completely thankless task.

Wherever you look these days people love moaning about how refs are incompetent and ruining the game... these are the same people who celebrate ‘shithousing’.

Players attempting to cheat and con the ref is widely accepted. Teams work on it. When they are successful at it it’s all the referees fault.

These ridiculous expectations, along with the  massive scrutiny and inevitable outrage they face have led to shit ideas like VAR being introduced.

The irony being Chaddy is staunchly against VAR, either you accept mistakes will be made or accept the sterilised version with every decision reviewed

There’s no perfect solution where refs become superhuman and get everything right 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sometimes you have to give the player credit and it was a great strike from him. I wouldn't fault Walton at all. He has a great game and saved us from defeat.

Not closing out winning positions is down to Mowbray's poor game management.  With only average management we'd be easy top 6.

Thought the defence was better at Charlton.

Impressed by Brentford - a good side

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

Sorry but no, the officiating in this league is absolutely atrocious, almost every game. They really are just incompetent (even though I've said both pen calls were correct today) and entirely inconsistent even within one game. Something that merits a foul and a card one minute isn't even a free kick the next. Don't watch the Prem anymore so no idea what it's like up there.

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Raya did the right thing for me. He made Armstrong go for the chip. On another day the gale could have carried the ball over the bar. As it was Armstrong judged it to perfection.

He made the wrong call because he had left it too late.  The call should have been to stay on his line, made Armstrongs mind up for him. Shocking goalie!  

You are trying to say in that split second he weighed up the wind and flight of the ball and thought he'd tempt AA into a lob...? Give over.  His decision making is shyte and always has been his weakness 

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Very harsh. From memory, I think he was right to be central, the shot could have been aimed at either side from there. I don't fault him for this one in the slightest.

I’m not blaming him as I said it may have gone in either way I just think a keeper wants to make it as hard as possible to be beaten at the near post from that angle however there are exceptions and the power on that strike meant it probably would have gone past anyway

37 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I don’t think there was anything mentally weak about our performance today.

Anyone who knows anything about football knows that there was nothing, mentally weak about today’s performance. I’d say that the last 6 weeks have proven how strong that group is. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Silas said:

Don't know how anyone thinks ours wasn't a pen.

If it had just been the body check then fair enough,  that's momentum and a clash.

But he grabs him round the neck and hauls him down. You touch attackers by the head that aggressively and it's a stonewall pen every time. 

Theirs was the usual joke decision against us.

Draw fair result though. We were lucky they didn't score another from open play. 

Agreed, have seen it back several times. He drags Buckley down, then looks straight at the ref looking guilty as hell.

• Like 1