BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (A) - 12:30pm KO (Sat 22nd Feb 2020)

20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Refs and Linesmen are full time professional match officials yet still making bad mistakes. The standard of the Refereeing in the England game is nothing short of pathetic. No wonder we didn't have any Match officials at World Cup or Euro's. Its been declining for around 8 tom 10 years. Half of the officials are unfit and struggle to keep up with the game whether it ref keeping up with the game or Linesmen keep up with the defence line. Yet the FA, EFL and PL do nothing about improving the referee standards 

VAR was a shit idea right from the start. Hate it

Nothing Walton could do. Most of the time that would end up in Row Z

VAR is a joke of system. slow the game down. Still making mistakes like today at the Chelsea/Spurs game

Referees are professional aren't they? most look unfit and struggle to get round a pitch like the Ref against Hull at Ewood Park. I could move quickly with broken foot

I agree. 

We all watched the same game at Brentford yet there are differing opinions on both penalties (me being right of course) so why would VAR be any different.  There is no clinical measurement for a penalty like offside.  A penalty is pretty much always based on someone's opinion. VAR SUCKS in it's current format and needs to be scrapped.

• Like 6

Just now, USABlue said:

We all watched the same game at Brentford yet there are differing opinions on both penalties (me being right of course) so why would VAR be any different.  There is no clinical measurement for a penalty like offside.  A penalty is pretty much always based on someone's opinion. VAR SUCKS in it's current format and needs to be scrapped.

For matters of fact such as offside or ball over the line for a goal VAR and goal line technology is really good and not open to any interpretation. Subjective decisions are far from factual and open to opinion. And as such it's a complete waste of time and money. There isn't the exact science here that the PL chairmen and chief executives thought they were funding.

28 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It'd almost be a shorter list if you quoted the teams that haven't been in the top flight since Preston bowed out.

In my time teams that aren't on your list - West Brom, Leeds, Fulham ,Forest,Bristol City, Sheff Wed, Derby, Birmingham, QPR, Reading, Stoke, Boro, Huddersfield, Luton, Coventry, Sunderland, Ipswich,Bolton, Swindon, Northampton, Bradford, Orient, 

Reminds me of an article in 4000 Holes years ago by Hank, one of our posters here. It was written about Rovers after our third playoff failure in 1990, I think. It struck a real chord with me at the time too.

It was entitled, "When is it our bloody turn?" That was when we had been out for a mere 24 years. Preston must have been out of it for nearly 60,,,

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, USABlue said:

If you look at their Sky Pundits compare to Quest pundit Nathan Jones they had different on ours. Nathan Jones said ours was a pen and Brentford wasn't. But when you got Sam Saunders on the panel on Sky he aint going to neutral as he is Brentford man. But Rovers had no one. Sky had Don Goodman, Lee Hendrie and Sam Saunders. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Walton has suffered criticism as he was a bit of a fluke signing after failing on other targets , he replaced one of our own youth prospects who seemed to be somewhat marginalised ,l and he doesn’t belong to us . He was also rubbish to begin with . He’s improved significantly which although I’m slightly cautious about I’m v happy about 

Thought Walton was excellent and I have been as critical of him as anyone but fair do's he has improved a lot. 

I wonder what some of us would be saying had he concerned the penalty exactly as Raya had.  I am also curious how many of those claiming ours was not a penalty are Raya "fans".  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Going down to 28,000 means reducing the Riverside capacity by 3,000. It only holds around 4,000 now. So that would mean a replacement would be an Accy Stanley size stand, some contrast to the Jack Walker!

About 5.5k i believe.

4 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Camera angles yesterday were like one of those FA cup ties at a none league ground.

Was just reading a bit about and watching a couple of videos of their new stadium, as I was wondering if this was going to be a Bolton special.

In fact the new stadium is less than a mile away. It will home Brentford and London Irish. Is slap bang in the middle of the community with great transport links directly next to the ground and I think they also built 910 homes (I guess upwards). Capacity is 17,250 (from 12,300 at Griffin Park) which sounds modest but its a size that fits the sustainability of the club.

I am impressed.

"Creation of a new stadium campus

At the heart of this initiative is a mix of sports & leisure, education and residential facilities as part of the larger urban quarter contributing to the existing neighbourhood."

Got me thinking again about our beloved Rovers, our 31,000 2/3 empty falling into disrepair stadium, our humble owners wanting to invest but restricted by FFP (?), Mr Waggotts community vision (which I think most agree with the concept of), our historic industrial town and the future sustainability of our club.

Firstly the ground is too big and the Riverside needs to be rebuilt.

There is largely a blank canvas  around the ground.

We are very proud of Ewood Park, the history of the old ground, Jack's legacy and would not want it to be rebuilt elsewhere.

Why don't we knock the Riverside down at the end of the season and crack on with building a new one including the hotel. Stop talking about it and Venky's just say..."get it done".

The new stand should include proper 21st century disabled area & facilities, safe standing, premium seating accessed from the hotel, have solar panels (carbon neutral). This can also surely be added to the other stands.The ground capacity could go down to 28,000 as a result but think what a great facility we would have.

The train track can be extended down towards the hotel for a new Ewood Park station.

The bus lane  can also be extended to the station to create a transport hub. Here trains and buses and coaches from local communities have purpose built fast access DIRECTLY to the stadium. Solar panels / sustainability. Welcoming arrival close to the hotel Hotel with matchday popup food, bars including real ales & entertainment, 

Why don't our humble owners just say...this is our vision. Here's the money now get it done? We once had an owner with a vision.

This investment will encourage the council and local businesses to invest in the area. They had planning permission for 3G pitches which may then be realised.

What or whom is stopping this from happening ?

Meanwhile the camera angles should be only marginally better, from under the Riverside roof on the Wednesday red button.

I hate Venkys but they really can bring us all back together with a visionary community infrastructure project which a PROPER HUMBLE OWNER once proved could be done. 

The Ewood train stopn Jack wanted to build and pay for decades ago but the council said no you mean ?

Can't see that changing.

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

How can it be? It’s a 31,000 capacity. 

You're just going off assumption though, 8k+8k +11 leaves 4k.

I believe the JW to hold nearer 10 thousand.

We could do with some actual real figures of seats to settle it.

Edited by tomphil

Sod it i'll just tweet the club and see if anyone actually knows.

I do remember reading somewhere that there were over 5 and a half thousand seats in the Riverside although it does seem a stretch. Don't know if they are all available for sale either and therefore count towards the capacity.

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Sod it i'll just tweet the club and see if anyone actually knows.

I do remember reading somewhere that there were over 5 and a half thousand seats in the Riverside although it does seem a stretch. Don't know if they are all available for sale either and therefore count towards the capacity.

8k a piece behing goal, JW 11k and riverside 4300.

Edited by AAK

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

sure id`e rather have money spent on the team than a stand,sort it out if we ever get back to the premier league

The team needs money spending on it but we cant spend any due to FFP.

Apparently the owners want to spend money but cant.

Our budget in Jan was £1.3 million which is nothing.

The stadium needs bringing into the 21st century and that isn't part of FFP.

So unless they want to spend is bollocks then let them crack on with proving it.

Funny Brentford can build a spanking new stadia at London prices but we can't afford to rebuild the Riverside ?

• Like 4

I wasnt saying reduce capacity to 28K. Was just the principle of a reduced capacity to whatever, is worth it to have a modern and sustainable new stand with all the facilities we should be aspiring to provide and leading the way.

Riverside is 202 seats x the number of rows. Not that it matters. It needs knocking down and some real investment.

6 hours ago, Amo said:

I think you've got to include Walton. Many fans have criticised Mowbray for selling Raya and loaning a downgrade. Since the turn of the year there's been a marked improvement to his game and he's cut down on the soft goals.

Agreed, forgot about Walton. He's looking really really good now.

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I wasnt saying reduce capacity to 28K. Was just the principle of a reduced capacity to whatever, is worth it to have a modern and sustainable new stand with all the facilities we should be aspiring to provide and leading the way.

Riverside is 202 seats x the number of rows. Not that it matters. It needs knocking down and some real investment.

Must be 25/30 rows ?

That takes us over 5k, possibly going on 6k.

6 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

The team needs money spending on it but we cant spend any due to FFP.

Apparently the owners want to spend money but cant.

Our budget in Jan was £1.3 million which is nothing.

The stadium needs bringing into the 21st century and that isn't part of FFP.

So unless they want to spend is bollocks then let them crack on with proving it.

Funny Brentford can build a spanking new stadia at London prices but we can't afford to rebuild the Riverside ?

Brentford have collected £120m in țransfer fees in the past 6 years and the stadium cost £80m

• Like 1