BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke City home

8 hours ago, JoeH said:

It's not just an opinion either, the stats also show the two players to be very similar. Buckley a little more defensive ability than Rothwell, but I think we all knew that, and Rothwell definitely a little bit more on the dribbling side, but we all knew that too. Other than that, those marginal differences, I see two very similar, decent footballers...

1105328550_JohnBuckleyJoeRothwell.thumb.png.a6b854c2e3fd27f35e1e9a94e2f604f5.png

Extremely small sample size on this just throws it out the window. How many minutes has Buckley played for us in the 1st team?

8 hours ago, JoeH said:

I think they're similar, my opinion, and stats show they're similar, not my opinion. What more do I have to do to justify my opinion? Oh wait.. not much else I can do... End of really.

They really are nothing like each other. At least not in their style of play. Honestly.

Rothwell picks up the ball and runs forward with it. Buckley plays on the half turn and looks for a pass.

• Like 2

Armstrong's last 8 games, 5 goals and assists. In 7 of those 8 games he has played up front  only 1 wide against Charlton. 

My point is that Armstrong is goal scorer and striker. I would only play him wide in we were 4-3-3 and Graham is on pitch. I deffo wouldn't play him wide in 4-4-2 formation. 

• Like 1

Apart from the Notts Forest scoreline (1 up at Cardiff) everything is going Rovers' way - even the Forest score works in our favour as it thins out the chasing pack. Like I said earlier, c'mon Rovers, make my day!

Stoke are fighting for their lives though... its gonna be edgy!giphy.gif

Edited by WIR Second Coming
  • Like 1

Just now, Inglorious basturk said:

Yes it was @magicalmortensleftpeg I think who told me not to get too hung up on Brentford away which in hindsight seems fair , considering what we have prices we are capable of   If we can’t step up and put a fairly shit stoke to bed at home we can forget it 

Ahhh so Brentford away wasn’t a must win then? Haha

73 points will get us into the playoffs imo. All of the teams around those positions are consistently inconsistent.

We need 22 points from 12 games at 1.8 points per game. To beat Stoke tmrw would be a massive boost but based on the above, a win and a draw In the next two are enough to keep us on track off the back of Brentford. 5pts every 3 games will do it.

• Like 1

I found the reaction to the Brentford result a little surprising to be honest, it was a chance to finally albeit temporarily break into that top 6, v a rival (who I felt many conceded a little too much respect too considering that we are going for the same goal) and were 2 nil up. Especially considering that the points we let slip were the 22nd and 23rd of the season. Was a major disapointment no matter how you paint it. We need to be as ruthless as possible from now on and not adopt a mentality of "a point here will be fine" it needs to be any points dropped are a potential opportunity for rivals to spring ahead. If you are genuine top 6 contenders which we are you dont fear anyone. Hoping for a win tomorrow at home to a bottom 6 side to get us back to winning ways and in to 7th.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Ahhh so Brentford away wasn’t a must win then? Haha

73 points will get us into the playoffs imo. All of the teams around those positions are consistently inconsistent.

We need 22 points from 12 games at 1.8 points per game. To beat Stoke tmrw would be a massive boost but based on the above, a win and a draw In the next two are enough to keep us on track off the back of Brentford. 5pts every 3 games will do it.

Ahhhh no it was one of those games where you can make a real difference if you can step up haha 

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I found the reaction to the Brentford result a little surprising to be honest, it was a chance to finally albeit temporarily break into that top 6, v a rival (who I felt many conceded a little too much respect too considering that we are going for the same goal) and were 2 nil up. Especially considering that the points we let slip were the 22nd and 23rd of the season. Was a major disapointment no matter how you paint it. We need to be as ruthless as possible from now on and not adopt a mentality of "a point here will be fine" it needs to be any points dropped are a potential opportunity for rivals to spring ahead. If you are genuine top 6 contenders which we are you dont fear anyone. Hoping for a win tomorrow at home to a bottom 6 side to get us back to winning ways and in to 7th.

Too much emphasis on expectation . Fuck what’s in front of us let’s just win 

That sixth place has been so near yet so far ever since we got relegated in 2012 (barring the first month or two of our first season after relegation) Whenever we look like getting close we usually let it slip away, I pray tomorrow isn’t a 0-0 against Yeovil type game. If we win it would be absolutely massive. For once lads, please, don’t f**k this up I beg you.