BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke City home

I hope Gallagher up top and arma out wide coming inside picking up gallys knock downs and not the other way round. I think people need forget about chapman for the rest  of this season as it’s clear Tony doesn’t fancy him

Edited by Oldgregg86

Not sure what the fascination is with Gally for TM. Really don't think he has been very good. Could he be TM's Lowe holding the team back? 

Also harsh on Samuel who has done a solid job for a couple of games. 

Outside of that right team imo. Probably a scrap not suited to Buckley who could cause havoc though when people are tiring in the second half. 

What I hope for:

.............Walton
Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Bell
.......... Travis Johnson
    Arma    Rothwell   Downing
.............Gallagher

How I think Tony will have us start:

.............Walton
Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Bell
............Travis Johnson
Gallagher Downing Rothwell
.............Arma

edit: Obviously 4-4-2 would be ideal, but we all know this aint happening.

Edited by skous18
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I hope Gallagher up top and arma out wide coming inside picking up gallys knock downs and not the other way round. I think people need forget about chapman for the rest  of this season as it’s clear Tony doesn’t fancy him

I hope Gally is up top but he'll probably start out wide with Arma upfront.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya,I said he would and should and a certain poster implied I was silly for suggesting this! 

I wouldn't worry. There'll be some convoluted reason that he'll use to prove he was right. I think he was only so insistent so he could disagree with @roversfan99. Still, I'm sure he'll be on soon to admit his error to him.

Edited by LDRover
  • Like 2

• Backroom

Disappointed to see Gallagher back in the starting line up as I don't really think he's earned the right over Samuel. Not that either are right wingers but Dom deserves to start ahead of Gallagher right now. Nonetheless Gallagher was £5m on a hefty wage and Dom cost £400k and is probably on pittance comparatively so the pressure is no doubt there to start Gallagher one way or another. Let's hope SG repays TM's faith with a goal or two tonight.

Pleased to see Rothwell right back into the team. He'd just got going when he got injured before so hopefully has some motivation to keep that fire burning. This is a good match for him to get his teeth into as Stoke concede often and are shown to crumble defensively when put under pressure.

The lack of defenders on the bench is a huge concern but that's a consequence of our barren January window. Mowbray will have to hope luck is on his side. I suppose if Lenihan or Tosin get injured Nyambe can move to CB and that would probably mean Bennett coming on at RB. Not ideal but it is what it is.

• Like 3

I hope the LT's predicted formation layout is wrong. They show 4 4 2 with Downing right and Rothwell left. If we are playing two up top I'd say it's essential our wingers play on the side their foot is best, otherwise there will be no crosses and the formation is unlikely to avail us much.

Personally I'd have brought Rothwell back on the bench to start with. He won't be 100% and we have another game on Saturday. Would've been more logical to give him 20-30 tonight, recover some match sharpness and be fully firing by Saturday. If he proves key to winning tonight and doesn't get injured tonight or Saturday, you won't hear me complaining though.

Just now, DE. said:

Disappointed to see Gallagher back in the starting line up as I don't really think he's earned the right over Samuel. Not that either are right wingers but Dom deserves to start ahead of Gallagher right now. Nonetheless Gallagher was £5m on a hefty wage and Dom cost £400k and is probably on pittance comparatively so the pressure is no doubt there to start Gallagher one way or another. Let's hope SG repays TM's faith with a goal or two tonight.

Pleased to see Rothwell right back into the team. He'd just got going when he got injured before so hopefully has some motivation to keep that fire burning. This is a good match for him to get his teeth into as Stoke concede often and are shown to crumble defensively when put under pressure.

The lack of defenders on the bench is a huge concern but that's a consequence of our barren last 4 windows with regards to defence. Mowbray will have to hope luck is on his side. I suppose if Lenihan or Tosin get injured Nyambe can move to CB and that would probably mean Bennett coming on at RB. Not ideal but it is what it is.

fixed

Just now, JacknOry said:

Really is dire that we have no defenders on the bench. As much as Tm has big credit for our recent run, how thin we are at the back is on him as well. 

Agreed, I don't like this either, but he has just never been much of a fan of putting defenders on the bench. He loves to put several strikers on, and the rest mostly mids. I feel like we are constantly walking a tightrope in that area of the pitch as far as our bench is concerned.

I think his thinking tonight is that if a CB gets injured, Bennett or JRC to RB, and Nyambe inside. Goosed if Nyambe is taken off too for any reason though, and he does have a vulnerable hammy. I guess Downing could cover LB.

• Like 1