BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier league to launch hall of fame

7 minutes ago, Amo said:

It's weird to me how John Terry never shook the stigma of boning Wayne Bridge's ex-girlfriend but Ryan Giggs had a long-term affair with HIS BROTHER'S WIFE and everyone loves him.

Indeed, I think Terry comes across as a prick and wasn't he involved in some racist stuff when younger too? Giggs gets some easy ride(steady on) over what he did alright though. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately it's because in the press Gigg's brother is classed as a "nobody" so it's quickly swept under the carpet.

Completely different story when your doing it to your international teammate. 

Anyway, even taking all bias out of it, Shearer has to be the first inductee into this, and you probably can't argue with Giggs as number two.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Unreal. This annoys me. Always in a Newcastle jersey. Ridiculous. 

I've genuinely met youngish people who have said they forgot or didn't know Shearer played for us. I know he played longer for Newcastle but come on. He was at his peak with us, domestically and internationally, as well as winning his only trophy here.

I think the media memory blackspots on the issue are a factor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Alan Shearer

Matt Le Tisser

Eric Cantona 

Those 3 should be first 3 induction into this hall of fame

Shearer and giggs are no brainers for the first two imo.

i must admit cantona and le tissier came to mind after that.

then I thought about Henry, vieira, gerrard, zola, terry bergkamp Adams and decided it was to hard and went for a bath ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Shearer and giggs are no brainers for the first two imo.

i must admit cantona and le tissier came to mind after that.

then I thought about Henry, vieira, gerrard, zola, terry bergkamp Adams and decided it was to hard and went for a bath ?

I hope the bath was cold!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Alan Shearer

Matt Le Tisser

Eric Cantona 

Those 3 should be first 3 induction into this hall of fame

I don't see why Le tissier or Cantona should be ahead of Roy Keane. Great players and their time will come, but how could they be ahead of someone who captained a club to title after title 

Shearer

keane

le tissier 

My top 3. Don’t think anyone can argue with shearer’s right to a place (especially on a rovers forum) and for me le tissier has been one of the most technically-gifted players to grace the English league, and as a one-club man I’d love to see him honoured. Keane was just a machine, drove his club onto achievement after achievement and had technical ability, a winners mentality and the ultimate in leadership skills. Hateful person outside of football all the same. 

9 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't see why Le tissier or Cantona should be ahead of Roy Keane. Great players and their time will come, but how could they be ahead of someone who captained a club to title after title 

Have you not seen of Matt Le Tisser's goals? He was one of the main reasons they stayed up so much..

On 29/02/2020 at 19:30, chaddyrovers said:

Have you not seen of Matt Le Tisser's goals? He was one of the main reasons they stayed up so much..

Yes Chaddy,I have seen Le tissiers goals. Have you seen Roy Keanes CV? Le Tissier will get in at some point,but I don't see how or why he should be ahead of Keane.