BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier league to launch hall of fame

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

But yet again I never said Keane was a PL great or leader. 

so stop talking this tripe!

I think that's the point Chaddy!! He was both but apparently he only got mentioned because he was Irish? Wow, substitute the word 'Irish' for 'black'.......

• Like 1

So Le Tissier saved Southampton all by himself, but  Keane he was "part of the team" who won the leagues? You're a gas man. 

It's not a "who scored the best goals of the Premier league" competition. 

Le Tissier should get in at some stage, but to say he should be one of the first ahead of Keane(or numerous others) is just silly. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I think that's the point Chaddy!! He was both but apparently he only got mentioned because he was Irish? Wow, substitute the word 'Irish' for 'black'.......

My point was the only reason Bigdoggsteel keep going on about Keane cos he Irish. 

Le Tisser is PL great. Just like Shearer, Cole, Bergkamp, Zola, Cantona and Henry are. 

I would say Giggs is more of legend than Keane in my opinion

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its ingenuous to suggest that Le Tissier kept Southampton up single handedly anyway when Ali Dia played an equally key part.

? Whilst Le Tissier did indeed score a lot of incredible goals, I have even read the case made that Southampton might have been better off if he had have moved on. His work ethic was renowned, for the wrong reasons.. 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't need to look at any lists as I watched every season of this Premier League of it. And I've enjoyed every bit of watching it.  Apart from Blackburn Rovers getting relegation twice

Clearly you need a list to come up with your own list. 

Chaddy, you need to look at yourself and think about the words and phrases you use. I'm convinced you don't mean it maliciously - but all the same, take a breath before pressing post.

For what it's worth, If Shearer isn't in the first 2, there should be uproar.

Edited by Traviscon

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My point was the only reason Bigdoggsteel keep going on about Keane cos he Irish. 

Le Tisser is PL great. Just like Shearer, Cole, Bergkamp, Zola, Cantona and Henry are. 

I would say Giggs is more of legend than Keane in my opinion

Chaddy go and look at the top Premier league players lists from any source you like. Le tissier isn't ahead of Keane on any I have seen, in fact he is barely in any top 10s. 

11 minutes ago, Traviscon said:

If Shearer isn't in the first 2, there should be uproar.

There should be uproar if he isn't 1st on the list

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Chaddy go and look at the top Premier league players lists from any source you like. Le tissier isn't ahead of Keane on any I have seen, in fact he is barely in any top 10s. 

don't need to look at any Premier league players lists tho. But you clearly have. Ive watched all the Premier league years and seen many players so don't need your lists. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

There should be uproar if he isn't 1st on the list

don't need to look at any Premier league players lists tho. But you clearly have. Ive watched all the Premier league years and seen many players so don't need your lists. 

Yes Chaddy, I have looked at these lists. Is that ok with you? I know you just go off "Chaddy vision" 

Anyways, Le Tissier over Keane, get out of it-crazy talk. We will see who gets on first anyway. I am pretty confident I know who will. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Le Tissier over Keane, get out of it. Crazy talk. 

We will see who gets on first anyway. I am pretty confident I know who will. 

You enjoyed your Premier League lists. 

I've not interested who these so called experts picking the hall of fame. 

I will make my own judgement from what I have witness since 1992/93 season. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You enjoyed your Premier League lists. 

I've not interested who these so called experts picking the hall of fame. 

I will make my own judgement from what I have witness since 1992/93 season. 

Ya, I am sure you have watched plenty of Southampton games with Le Tisser playing. It's on your Sunday evening rotation I imagine. 

You need to get a few Man united games on when you get a chance. This Roy Keane guy I'm talking about is pretty good. If you like Travis, you will love him.  

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Matt Le Tissier is probably my favourite ever "non Rovers player". A real talent and a bit of a maverick, I think his goal at Ewood in 94 is the only goal I have given (a very quiet and begrudging) little clap too.

Does he go in a premier league hall of fame over Roy Keane though? I don't think it's even close.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

? Whilst Le Tissier did indeed score a lot of incredible goals, I have even read the case made that Southampton might have been better off if he had have moved on. His work ethic was renowned, for the wrong reasons.. 

I am not sure about that. He not only contributed quite a few crucial goals but also was a linchpin for that team. That being said, as talented as he was, not sure theres much comparison with the captain of a team that used to reel off League titles routinely.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I am not sure about that. He not only contributed quite a few crucial goals but also was a linchpin for that team. That being said, as talented as he was, not sure theres much comparison with the captain of a team that used to reel off League titles routinely.

Ah no I wouldn't agree with that hypothesis either. Le Tissier was magic and he certainly kept them up a few seasons because of that. He will get into the hall of fame soon enough I would imagine,but not in the first 2. I'm predicting Shearer,who must be a cert and Keane. I wouldn't be surprised if they went Henry though. Gerrard would probably be in if he won it. You could see Giggs I suppose either. I would be a bit surprised if Shearer or Keane don't get it though. More than surprised if Shearer didn't. Actually, am I being biased about Shearer? He is a cert,isn't he? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ah no I wouldn't agree with that hypothesis either. Le Tissier was magic and he certainly kept them up a few seasons because of that. He will get into the hall of fame soon enough I would imagine,but not in the first 2. I'm predicting Shearer,who must be a cert and Keane. I wouldn't be surprised if they went Henry though. Gerrard would probably be in if he won it. You could see Giggs I suppose either. I would be a bit surprised if Shearer or Keane don't get it though. More than surprised if Shearer didn't. Actually, am I being biased about Shearer? He is a cert,isn't he? 

Maybe potentially Giggs before Keane down to longevity. Would Kante, Mahrez or Vardy even get in over Le Tissier? Potentially.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Shearer has the most PL goals ever and his record probably won’t ever be beaten, so nah, you’re not being biased at all tbh.

With that being said though- Aguero has the best minutes per goal in the PL and if he played on until he was 35 (he’s leaving City at the end of next season, apparently), he’d run Shearer’s record close. Also worth noting he did spend time in Argentina and Spain before coming to England....

• Like 1