BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City home

Not much team selection going on this thread. Without Lenihan I don't fancy Mulgrew due to lack of speed and match practice. Got to start Carter with Adarabioyo and not play Nyambe out of his right back position where he's improved a lot this season. No point in playing Gallagher who will work his socks off but that wont lead to anything. Whoever plays up front TM has to have the mind to change the positional game. 

Another difficult game but winable. 

Edited by Cherry Blue

I'd start Carter as well, admittedly never ever seen him play but if he's a genuine centre half that's better than pissing about dragging Nyambe in from right back. Don't think Mulgrew will be anywhere near. 

He probably knows Tosin already I imagine from his City days?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mulgrew was finished last season at this club.

I thought he should’ve been, but we didn’t bring in enough defensive reinforcements. You can’t say he was finished last season when he started the first game as captain.

There is something more than meets the eye to it all.

Just now, Miller11 said:

I thought he should’ve been, but we didn’t bring in enough defensive reinforcements. You can’t say he was finished last season when he started the first game as captain.

I think it is more strange he left Wigan ..

Fall out with Wigan players over Dacks injury ?

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well yes Nyambe has improved as a right back but you have commented that he has no assists where as Bennett as 3 assists from right back. Since you loved this stats, the stats would say Bennett is better going forward. 

All time low for you this one chaddy.

Really, measuring the assists from the right back to furnish your silly argument.   Why not the stats for how many times the left sided attacker waltzes past and sets up goals etc, how many times the left sided attacker arrives at the  back post to pop it in.......??

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

All time low for you this one chaddy.

Really, measuring the assists from the right back to furnish your silly argument.   Why not the stats for how many times the left sided attacker waltzes past and sets up goals etc, how many times the left sided attacker arrives at the  back post to pop it in.......??

Suggest you look at Roversfan99's comments about Nyambe lack of assists this season. Just pointing out that Bennett has 3 assists from right back. That's all..

Also I have said I would play Carter haven't I? 

35 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I thought Mulgrew was done. Didn't he only start cos Williams and Adarabioyo wasnt fit? 

Surely Mulgrew should have stripped of captaincy in the summer if he was surplus to requirements. 

mowbray will approach this game with a defensive mindset,swansea are a decent side with lots of attacking potential and pace,expect armstrong up front on his own and we`ll set up like the away side,trying to hit swansea on the counter,it might work but we`ll be buggered if they score quickly,expect confusion and players out of position all over the park if that happens

Massive game tomorrow. 3 points and it's game on for the playoffs. Loose and its game over. Under no circumstances should Nyambe play centre half tomorrow. Weakening 2 positions is just not rite. 

Walton

Nyambe 

Bell

Tosin

Del

Johnson 

Trav (c) 

Downing 

Rothwell 

Samuel 

Arma

Please Tony back to basics and get the 3 points 

Aside from our central defence issues there are a number of other questions. My biggest worry outside of central defence is who partners Travis. Downing would be the obvious choice but does that give too much dirty defensive work for Travis. Johnson - but he looks like he needs a rest. 

I'd also wonder about Downing at left back as Bell's attacking prowess isn't great. Probably wouldn't with the other defensive issues but food for thought when we are likely to dominate as Bell adds little going forward. (We probably won't dominate this one so perhaps not an issue this game.) 

Also do we want to try out passing Swansea and would Graham up top with Armstrong wide be better to cause Swansea problems. 

Oh and the wide right mid issue if Armstrong is up top but that's been done to death. 

Point is there's a fair few selection niggles and issues as well as our centre back saga. 

Walton

nyambe   Mulgrew tosin bell

Davenport.  Travis

rothwell.     Buckley.      Armstrong 

Gallagher

assuming Williams is still injured.  If mulgrew can’t play for whatever reason I’d put nyambe at cb and play rankin Costello at rb assuming he’s fit

Nothing like a 0-0 against Stoke to kill interest in Rovers. Thread has limped onto page 4 on the morning of the game.

%age chance Mowbray gets the selection and tactics in replacing Lenihan wrong 90

%age chance we have entered a Mowbray run of terrible results 50

22 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

After the last 2 games this is now an end of season dead rubber. Well done Tony.

So if you think it's a dead rubber why are you on the match thread? 

It's far from a dead rubber. 4 points off playoffs. 11 games to go. 

Why such a negative pessimist attitude? 

• Like 1