BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City home

10 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Ayew is a level above this league and with a depleted back line I fear for us today.

He is, but only if he can be arsed!  Either brilliant or anonymous.

The defence is one obvious issue today but I really think Gallagher needs some time out of the limelight too.  He always looks better off the bench to me, almost as though he watches the game beforehand and realises how he can do bits.  Against Brentford he played ok, not amazing by any stretch but when we were under the cosh he worried them a bit and looked lively.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s not ‘Uber positive’ to not believe a February home game with a 4 point gap is a ‘dead rubber’. Just common sense.

You may not think we’ll get there in the end, I don’t. But you are just posting for a reaction.

I can see where OEB is coming from.

Technically of course it isn't "a dead rubber". But then again technically we could still go up automatically if we win our last eleven games and all the other teams above us collapse.

Are we really going to bridge the gap between ourselves and the play off positions now when we've failed to do so all season and have looked countless gift horses in the mouth in that respect?

There's always that glimmer of hope but I dont have any expectation whatsoever it will happen.

• Like 3

A 4 point gap going into a February home game isn’t ‘a glimmer of hope’.

We won’t be in the top 6 by May, as for me we just aren’t good enough, but it’s some serious mental gymnastics to call a game right now with the table as it is a ‘dead rubber’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

How many clubs can lose their best player for the season, one of their best defenders for the season, a midfield regular for the season and the newish fella with pedigree and promise for the season and STILL be 'in the mix'?

I'd argue not many.

The apathy on here at times is literally unbelievable.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Like who? Set of girlies

Travis probably. He's the most niggly, irritating player we have had in a long while and does like to leave a bit of 'afters' in with a tackle.

Edited by Hasta

5 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

How many clubs can lose their best player for the season, one of their best defenders for the season, a midfield regular for the season and the newish fella with pedigree and promise for the season and STILL be 'in the mix'?

I'd argue not many.

The apathy on here at times is literally unbelievable.

Grrr...... we're NOT in the mix!

4 points outside the play offs might as well be 14!

If we get to the stage when we're level on points with the team in sixth place then we're in the mix.

• Like 1

It is woeful, but our recent history doesn't suggest we will roar like lions and decimate our Welsh opponents in anticipation of a late surge into playoff contention. No, instead all of the portents are that we will be heading home wondering what might have been if, just if....

Bollix to it - 4-1 to the mighty rampant Rovers at 4.50 is my guess. You just have to look at the table, goal difference and the weather forecast to work this one out.. Swans to score first, and Rovers to roar back with a dose of the feckits..

giphy.gif

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If we get to the stage when we're level on points with the team in sixth place then we're in the mix.

Jesus wept so we're 4 points of being in the mix according to you. Not 40, 4 points ?

18 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We were in 6th when we were winning at Brentford, if that isn't 'in the mix' then I'd give up on Rovers mate as I don't think it'll get any better than this anytime soon. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

We were in 6th when we were winning at Brentford, if that isn't 'in the mix' then I'd give up on Rovers mate as I don't think it'll get any better than this anytime soon. 

Yes we were in the mix when we were 2 up at Brentford.

Then we chucked it away.

After Tuesday night's results we had a chance to get back in the mix.

On Wednesday night we chucked it away.

When we were 1 up at Huddersfield we were 3rd. Been all downhill ever since.

All those chances....wasted.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Yes we were in the mix when we were 2 up at Brentford.

Then we chucked it away.

After Tuesday night's results we had a chance to get back in the mix.

On Wednesday night we chucked it away.

When we were 1 up at Huddersfield we were 3rd. Been all downhill ever since.

All those chances....wasted.

Agreed. But claiming we're not in the mix is a bit ridiculous. And in truth with our injuries we're far ahead of where I'd expected us to be.