BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City home

Just now, Doogs said:

The easy thing to do was play Mulgrew. Ryan gives us so much going forward. We have lost that now playing CB..Benno at RB  oh no..Another afternoon watching paint dry..

I don’t know I think it could be very entertaining for all the wrong reasons (gulp)

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

That bench is crazy.  Not a defender in sight.  One injury to the cb pair and we've had it.  Who goes cb? 

Something going on with Mulgrew.  No reason at all why he cant be on the bench. 

Yeah full backs we could cope with but hell fire he's walking a tightrope in the middle!

I would imagine Johnson would have to step in.

Let’s hope rothwell and Samuel have there crossing boots on and maybe just maybe play to sams strengths with Armstrong profiting from his work rate and aerial ability and hold up play. It’s probably the best we can hope for with the 11 named. I just can’t see Tony playing a 4-4-2

Edited by Oldgregg86

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

How many clubs can lose their best player for the season, one of their best defenders for the season, a midfield regular for the season and the newish fella with pedigree and promise for the season and STILL be 'in the mix'?

I'd argue not many.

The apathy on here at times is literally unbelievable.

The apathy is due to the 10 years of Rao ownership. 

We're back to where we were under Bowen - although Bowen didn't spunk £12m on two crap strikers. If anything we're at the point of the season where we should give the young players a run out - we're not making the playoffs. Let's see if any of the vaunted Academy prospects are any good. They surely can't be MUCH worse than some of the dross in our current starting 11. 

11 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Let’s hope rothwell and Samuel have there crossing boots on and maybe just maybe play to sams strengths with Armstrong profiting from his work rate and aerial ability and hold up play. It’s probably the best we can hope for with the 11 named. I just can’t see Tony playing a 4-4-2

A trick I learned earlier in the season -  consider Gallagher as  5'10" striker. You're often less depressed at his production that way. 

2 minutes ago, The Gull said:

Moving Nyambe to centre half helps that area but with Bennett coming in it’s totally weakened the right hand side. 

what’s wrong with one of the under 23’s centre halves or something?

It's TM's baffling myopia and clueless loyalty to his 'senior pros'. It is this lack of vision, insight and confidence in the up and coming players that will ultimately undo the man.

Rovers to score 4, Swansea to score when they want!

• Like 1

Just now, Mr. E said:

What has Rothwell done to deserve to be starting instead of Buckley? I truly don't get it. Also Bennett at RB essentially means we are playing with 10 men. Swansea will have to fail spectacularly not to take this game. 

9 if Gally is wide. That said I think Gally will start up front today. TM  often goes with common sense when the pressure and spotlight is on. (And reverts back to type when it isn't.)

Edited by Blue blood

• Backroom

I think that lineup is capable of beating Swansea, but I don't like it very much. 

Clearly something very wrong with the Mulgrew situation. Either a serious rift between him and the manager or a contractual obstacle like Salgado, but either way what a horrendous waste of a wage.