BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City home

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

Ridiculous to say after all his wonder goals but Armstrong needs to look for a pass at times, you can’t score every time! 

Graham was awful today and Gallaghers miss late on could have been costly.

As above Brereton deserves a run with Armstrong now be interesting to see if he gets a go. 

Travis looked in pain at the end which is worrying 

Said that for weeks mate, doesn’t lift his head, just runs looking to get a shot away everytime when it’s not always best option

Football is made up of moments, at 2-1 down:

• Graham - presumably through some kind of seniority over Armstrong, takes and makes a hash of the penalty. Maybe he wanted to make a similar point to Sharpe that Gallagher had (running in from a central striker position) but the subplot he’d written in his head didn’t materialise and he fluffed his lines. It felt around the ground like that was our chance gone.

• Johnson - right place right time, hits a poor but powerful shot which clips the defender and has enough on it to spoon into the corner. Absolute bedlam. If ever a draw felt like a win!

• Then there’s this guy - so excited he jumps the hoardings but so absorbed in the game, he was still trying to watch while being held down on the grass by two of the security staff...

FE7A1925-AAC2-4C4D-886F-8BBD00B281D6.jpeg.2d2aa65446577f879a1c06457cd0a150.jpeg

Massive point with Swansea two minutes away from overtaking us. Especially with other teams slipping up again. But we really have failed to capitalise in the race to NOT get into the play-offs by five teams. 3 points from 9 has somehow not seen us out of it. I fear that Mowbray is going back to the tombola machine as players become available but hopefully we can hang in there.

• Like 3

Thought Brereton looked decent when he came on. Danny Graham offered nothing, found it strange that he took the penalty considering his limited playing time lately and Armstrong scoring against Brentford. 

Thought we missed midfield creativity, a game where Buckley could have looked decent, first half especially. 

Tony certainly does think throwing a Striker on will solve all problems. 4-2-4 2nd half! There was no linking between defence and attack at all. 
2 points from 2 home games as decent favourites is v.disappointing. We’re still in the mix, but let’s be honest, we should be in 6th place now, and 2 winnable games have past while Preston have played 2 very tough games and still sit in 6th 

Just back from a freezing Ewood and feel we were unlucky not to score 3 or 4.

Poor game until we went behind and then I thoroughly enjoyed it, if not a bit frustrated.

Gally's header looked a certain goal, DG's penalty, hit the post, proper last 15 mins.

Brereton looked good when he came on (apart from the shot that nearly ended up in the River), as did Johnson.

Thought Nyambe had a decent game at CH.

Swansea were a horrible team to play, players diving, feigning injury, the ugly side of football and they looked devastated when we equalised.

Point gained on the nobbers, come on Rovers we're still in it.

Edited by Doug
Can't spell
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tom said:

Ridiculous to say after all his wonder goals but Armstrong needs to look for a pass at times, you can’t score every time! 

Graham was awful today and Gallaghers miss late on could have been costly.

As above Brereton deserves a run with Armstrong now be interesting to see if he gets a go. 

Travis looked in pain at the end which is worrying 

Everyone else is busy constantly looking for a pass instead of shooting. Happy to let Arma keep shooting as long as he keeps tucking enough away. The others can sideways pass futilely all day.

Is there anything more satisfying than scoring in the 95th minute against a team that has time wasted, faked injuries and been general tools for 40+ minutes.

I thought (their) Gallagher looked outstanding. Brereton with a positive cameo too. 

Sad thing is everyone knew we would be coming out of these home games with zero wins.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Madon said:

No idea how we've gained ground on the playoffs this week by getting 2pts but hey ho. 

Brereton was brilliant when he came on, got abit carried away in the 97th minute when he maybe could have squared it but won't blame him for that! 

Bring on Wayne Rooney's Derby County. I fancy us there. 

I agree for some reason I fancy us to turn derby over. 

7 minutes ago, Doug said:

Swansea were a horrible team to play, players diving, feigning injury, the ugly side of football and they looked devastated when we equalised.

Best part of the day was seeing all the despondent Swansea players collapsed onto the ground after our goal. Loved it. 

• Like 6

I could well be in a minority but I thought we were bang average today with so many misplaced and over/under hit passes. There seemed to be a real lack of urgency from some players mixed with lethargy. The conditions didn't help the game but the pitch seemed to be bobbly and uneven. I wondered if this was deliberate to stop Swansea playing their passing game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I could well be in a minority but I thought we were bang average today with so many misplaced and over/under hit passes. There seemed to be a real lack of urgency from some players mixed with lethargy. The conditions didn't help the game but the pitch seemed to be bobbly and uneven. I wondered if this was deliberate to stop Swansea playing their passing game.

The pitch seems to have been in poor condition for a while to be fair. 

I’m just going to keep it simple.

played Gallagher in his natural position....scored. Moved him to the right .......shite

brereton was very good when he came on....in his natural position and was mom imo. Never thought I’d type that.

disapointed with the result yet relieved to get a point.

decent first half without being great up until the goal 

Graham looks finished , rothwell was inn effective and rightly subbed as was Dom. still dont understand what anyone sees in this lad 

on paper a point closer , in reality proof we don’t have what it takes . 

• Like 6

Just now, roversfan99 said:

The pitch seems to have been in poor condition for a while to be fair. 

It has but I think today it was almost like there had been no or little attempt to get it flat. The bobbles were evident in the warm up.

• Like 1

2 points dropped, 3 from 9 when in a great position to get into the playoff places, not good enough I’m afraid, you don’t get to stumble into the playoffs as we are doing just now. Sooner or later we have the hard games and Preston or whoever else has the easier game and wins it and then we are as far away as ever. Glad to see gallagher score and brereton make an impact tho

• Like 1

A very disappointed and frustrating game for a Rovers fan. Some players well off form today. 

Really pleased for Gallagher to get his goal and the assist by Nyambe. Thought we controlled the first half and to the point where I didn't think Swansea would score. Brewster took his goal well but his actions towards the crowd got him a very much well deserved yellow card. 

We started the second half far too poor. I cant comment on their penalty as I couldn't see much. Mowbray was pro active to make 2 subs. Brereton was decent today and won us a penalty. Very soft penalty to be given similar to many fouls the ref gave today which was very soft. Swansea's Connor Gallagher's shirt was so dirty cos he was never off the floor. Don't know why Graham took the pen as I would let Armstrong take it. Wasn't Graham game after missing a good chance shortly after. I don't know How Gallagher missed that sitter of Header. Just head it down into the corner of the net. Good strike by Johnson and if don't shoot you don't score. 

I thought Tosin Adarabioyo was awful today, Far too relaxed for me. Needs Lenihan next to him. Armstrong wasn't on his game today and in playing just off Gallagher didn't work. Samuel look short of fitness today and rightly got subs. Rothwell, Bennett and Bell was ok for me. Travis was good today and its he went off injured. But good he came on the pitch afterwards to clapped the home sections of fans. Downing, Brereton and Johnson did well today. 

its a shame we haven't got 6 points from the 2 home games but we have a great chance of getting into the playoffs. 

The wind had a big hand in proceedings today, and in the first 20 or so minutes of the second half Swansea seemed to manage it much better. That was their purple patch and they didn't kill us off. I'm disappointed not to have won but in the end it was a point gained and our goal difference protected. Always satisfying to end like that against an opposition who practice the dark arts. They got what they deserved...how often have we not been able to say that? Really pleased for Gallagher to score, I thought the criticism of him after the Stoke match was a bit much. He runs his socks off for the team regardless of where Mowbray picks him. Brereton's (slightly longer than usual) cameo was entertaining and offers hope for the future. There's something there definitely even though the 'Bambi on ice' was on show as ever. To be fair to him, most players would have gone for glory in stoppage time...many of them would also have endangered the ducks in the river Darwen. Onwards to Derby. This league...anything can happen.