BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City home

44 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The pitch seems to have been in poor condition for a while to be fair. 

I would Imagine most pitches in the north of England of football clubs are in poor condition after recent awful weather we had. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
Miss a S of a word
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would Imagine most pitches in the north of England of football clubs are in poor condition after recent awful weather we had. 

Not at Championship level they don't. 

Sadly investment into our facilities and pitches has been more in keeping with clubs at League Two level, and the result is there for all to see.

2 hours ago, Madon said:

No idea how we've gained ground on the playoffs this week by getting 2pts but hey ho. 

Brereton was brilliant when he came on, got abit carried away in the 97th minute when he maybe could have squared it but won't blame him for that! 

Bring on Wayne Rooney's Derby County. I fancy us there. 

Because preston have played away to 1st and 3rd. Once they have a couple of home games theyll be well clear.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

A very disappointed and frustrating game for a Rovers fan. Some players well off form today. 

Really pleased for Gallagher to get his goal and the assist by Nyambe. Thought we controlled the first half and to the point where I didn't think Swansea would score. Brewster took his goal well but his actions towards the crowd got him a very much well deserved yellow card. 

We started the second half far too poor. I cant comment on their penalty as I couldn't see much. Mowbray was pro active to make 2 subs. Brereton was decent today and won us a penalty. Very soft penalty to be given similar to many fouls the ref gave today which was very soft. Swansea's Connor Gallagher's shirt was so dirty cos he was never off the floor. Don't know why Graham took the pen as I would let Armstrong take it. Wasn't Graham game after missing a good chance shortly after. I don't know How Gallagher missed that sitter of Header. Just head it down into the corner of the net. Good strike by Johnson and if don't shoot you don't score. 

I thought Tosin Adarabioyo was awful today, Far too relaxed for me. Needs Lenihan next to him. Armstrong wasn't on his game today and in playing just off Gallagher didn't work. Samuel look short of fitness today and rightly got subs. Rothwell, Bennett and Bell was ok for me. Travis was good today and its he went off injured. But good he came on the pitch afterwards to clapped the home sections of fans. Downing, Brereton and Johnson did well today. 

its a shame we haven't got 6 points from the 2 home games but we have a great chance of getting into the playoffs. 

What did you make of the performance up front v the performance out wide from Gallagher?

Agree with most of your post but Bennett was poor, gets dragged out of position too early and Ayew had joy down that side. Bell is just so ponderous. Samuel about as much of a wide man as Gallagher is, made no sense to play him there with 2 wingers on the bench.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I thought (their) Gallagher looked outstanding. 

Best player on the pitch for me on loan from Chelsea was in England under 17 world cup winning squad played for Charlton for first part of the season young player of the month for August when Charlton were flying.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Mowbray on Graham taking the penalty

Pretty much just saying he leaves it up to the players and what happens happens. I think he has said much the same in the past.

“But we moved a point closer by the results, but there’s a frustration because this was a game we targeted to win and tried to pick a team that would get us on the front foot and ask them questions."

Worryingly that would imply there are games we don't target to win or play on the front foot .

• Like 2

A bit of karma in the end for us - as smarmy Swansea didnt deserve the win today.  Am I the only one who wants to smack the smugness out of Rhian Brewster?  Anywho, could be a positive point in the end, but feel we are drawing too many games.  The chances we keep blowing can not last and I expect the playoffs will be to far to reach come the end of March.  But while we are in it, we are in it! Big match against Rooney FC next week.

This was a much more difficult game (on paper) than Stoke. I had a feeling before kick off that we would lose. We have so many injuries and a suspension. We did better than I expected. It was such a great feeling to cheer that Johnson equaliser.

Thank goodness Nyambe forgot he was centre back for a few seconds and whipped that low cross in for our first goal.

• Like 2

I would play this at Derby:

Walton

Bennett, Nyambe, Tosin, Bell

Johnson, Travis

Rothwell - Brereton - Armstrong

Gallagher

Downing need a game

to rest.

but I am tempted by playing Mulgrew in the centre and Nyambe at right back.

Edited by neophox

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

I would play this at Derby:

Walton

Bennett, Nyambe, Tosin, Bell

Johnson, Travis

Rothwell - Brereton - Armstrong

Gallagher

Downing need a game

to rest.

but I am tempted by playing Mulgrew in the centre and Nyambe at right back.

Forget Mulgrew. He’s never playing for our first team again.

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Eh? we’re 3pts off 6th with a better goal difference. That’s the literally the epitome of ‘in the mix’ isn’t it? ??‍♂️??

No. That's close to getting "in the mix".

We are always at a stage where "if we win today and win next game we will be top 6".

Most people believe we have a chance of getting into the play offs if we hit a constant run of form. Most people don't believe we will get there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ossydave said:

That's kinda the position we're in I'm afraid.

Villas best defender last season was on loan too and now a permanent.

Give over dude. We are in the position where we cannot buy defenders?

i am not talking about Mings quality, i am talking about so we do not have to rely on a RB to play CB and a RM to play RB. All other teams manage to do it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hasta said:

No. That's close to getting "in the mix".

We are always at a stage where "if we win today and win next game we will be top 6".

Most people believe we have a chance of getting into the play offs if we hit a constant run of form. Most people don't believe we will get there.

What are you on about? Being in the mix basically means ‘In and around’ or ‘In with a chance’ which is literally where we are right now.

We are not ‘close to being in the mix’. We are in the mix for the playoffs and by definition close to the top six

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

What are you on about? Being in the mix basically means ‘In and around’ or ‘In with a chance’ which is literally where we are right now.

We are not ‘close to being in the mix’. We are in the mix for the playoffs and by definition close to the top six

How far down the league would you define as being "In the Mix" at this current time?

I'd say to Bristol City, as they have already been there and have been dislodged by Preston. Down to Derby probably have a chance of challenging, but aren't really in the mix.

We are always 2 or 3 games off breaking into the top 6 IF results go our way.

Edited by Hasta

19 minutes ago, Hasta said:

How far down the league would you define as being "In the Mix" at this current time?

I'd say to Bristol City, as they have already been there and have been dislodged by Preston. Down to Derby probably have a chance of challenging, but aren't really in the mix.

We are a.ways 2 or 3 games off breaking into the top 6 IF results go our way.

Mate we are 3 points off play offs what the fuck else would you call in the mix.

• Like 3