BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City home

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

Tin hat time, thought Rothwell was poor today, he shows willing by dropping deep and showing for the ball but his end product was miles off 

I’m in the OldEwoodBlue League 1 show pony camp. The only times he looks good are running sideways across midfield. When he gets near the box his head down, quick short touches running style fails because of increased traffic. Can’t cross and two poor shots today. I really don’t see what he brings to the effectiveness of the team.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I’m in the OldEwoodBlue League 1 show pony camp. The only times he looks good are running sideways across midfield. When he gets near the box his head down, quick short touches running style fails because of increased traffic. Can’t cross and two poor shots today. I really don’t see what he brings to the effectiveness of the team.

I agree. No end product at all.

37 minutes ago, Tom said:

Tin hat time, thought Rothwell was poor today, he shows willing by dropping deep and showing for the ball but his end product was miles off 

He’s an outlet though and he carried the ball in a forward trajectory. What I’d like to see is players showing for the ball and giving him an option.

You don’t need a tin hat. He’s largely disliked on here anyway. Mowbray is clearly undecided and that’s good enough for plenty of folk.

Prediction: he won’t be here next season.

Just now, Stuart said:

He’s an outlet though and he carried the ball in a forward trajectory. What I’d like to see is players showing for the ball and giving him an option.

You don’t need a tin hat. He’s largely disliked on here anyway. Mowbray is clearly undecided and that’s good enough for plenty of folk.

I dont think hes disliked, most people put him in their team predictions but quite honestly his output in terms of end product has been non existent this season.

Just now, Stuart said:

Another prediction: he won’t be at a club that finished higher than us

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

I like that he tries to make things happen he was just wasteful today, he’s another that’s better suited centrally though 

5 minutes ago, Doug said:

I think Rothwell is not the finished article. 

He has good speed over 10 -20 yards, fast feet, good control, attack minded, we'd be foolish to let him go as there is a real player in there.

Not sure there is, meant to be an attacking threat that doesn’t chip in with either goals or assists . Looks good without being effective. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Eh? we’re 3pts off 6th with a better goal difference. That’s the literally the epitome of ‘in the mix’ isn’t it? ??‍♂️??

Nope, in the mix means "included", so to be in the mix in this context means being in the top 6. We're not. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Mowbray on Graham taking the penalty

Pretty much just saying he leaves it up to the players and what happens happens. I think he has said much the same in the past.

Bollocks to that. Take some responsibility man and elect a taker. Maybe that striker who banged in the last two he took in recent games. Selfish from Graham and inept from Mowbray 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Doug said:

I think Rothwell is not the finished article. 

He has good speed over 10 -20 yards, fast feet, good control, attack minded, we'd be foolish to let him go as there is a real player in there.

Agreed. Playing time will polish the final ball / decisions, but he has the potential to be key.

• Like 1

• Backroom

In the mix is ‘in contention for’

If you were talking about who is likely to win Wimbledon this year you may say Djokovic is favourite but Nadal and Agassi are also in the mix (my tennis references are somewhat out dated)

We are well and truly in the mix at the moment, you wouldn’t say only those currently in the play off spots are in the mix to be there come May

Edited by Tom
  • Like 4

Just now, Tom said:

In the mix is ‘in contention for’

If you were talking about who is likely to win Wimbledon this year you may say Djokovic is favourite but Nadal and Agassi are also in the mix (my tennis references are somewhat out dated)

We are well and truly in the mix at the moment 

We've as much chance as Agassi.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Not sure there is, meant to be an attacking threat that doesn’t chip in with either goals or assists . Looks good without being effective. 

The managers job is to develop this. I'm sick of players not progressing.  He needs quality ahead of him to offer that wall.

At the moment his final ball or use of the ball is off but that will flick like a switch with confidence.  That is down to Mowbray and his motley crew to give him the confidence 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Another prediction: he won’t be at a club that finished higher than us

For a player of Rothwell’s skill and ability, it’s pretty damning that Mowbray and his staff haven’t been able to develop him. He certainly hasn’t had the kind of patience that Armstrong has enjoyed, let alone setting up the team to get the best out of him, a la Dack.

Although, I can’t think of many players who have developed under Mowbray. Travis, although credit for that goes to David Dunn of all people, and Nyambe, who looks to be turning into a very capable right back (yet was sacrificed today), and the aforementioned Armstrong, who appears to be a Mowbray favourite, given how long he was given during his barren spells. Three players. There are more that have left the club in that time, let alone ones who are not yet near their potential or even past their best - or even just plain average.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Graham has always taken pens when he’s been in the field as far as I can recall, and it was a much better struck one than theirs: one goalie guessed wrong and one guessed right. 

Disagree with that. Their penalty-taker slowed his run up and waited for Walton to move. Then he rolled in to the empty side of the net.

Graham just hit his to the side he always intended without looking at the keeper. As you say their keeper guessed right and he had a 50-50 chance. Walton had no chance.

Swansea guys was easily the superior penalty.

• Like 4

Just now, 47er said:

Disagree with that. Their penalty-taker slowed his run up and waited for Walton to move. Then he rolled in to the empty side of the net.

Graham just hit his to the side he always intended without looking at the keeper. As you say their keeper guessed right and he had a 50-50 chance. Walton had no chance.

Swansea guys was easily the superior penalty.

I thought that at first but watched the slo-mo replays and Walton didn’t go early, although he clearly had decided he was going to go. 

9 minutes ago, Stuart said:

For a player of Rothwell’s skill and ability, it’s pretty damning that Mowbray and his staff haven’t been able to develop him. He certainly hasn’t had the kind of patience that Armstrong has enjoyed, let alone setting up the team to get the best out of him, a la Dack.

Although, I can’t think of many players who have developed under Mowbray. Travis, although credit for that goes to David Dunn of all people, and Nyambe, who looks to be turning into a very capable right back (yet was sacrificed today), and the aforementioned Armstrong, who appears to be a Mowbray favourite, given how long he was given during his barren spells. Three players. There are more that have left the club in that time, let alone ones who are not yet near their potential or even past their best - or even just plain average.

15 starts and counting this season Stuart. And the bloke is 25, he’s as developed as he’s going to get. 

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

15 starts and counting this season Stuart. And the bloke is 25, he’s as developed as he’s going to get. 

So we should have replaced him like for like with Dack as the number 10 then, instead of playing him out wide, as we do with every other central player.