BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City home

12 hours ago, Amo said:

“But we moved a point closer by the results, but there’s a frustration because this was a game we targeted to win and tried to pick a team that would get us on the front foot and ask them questions."

Worryingly that would imply there are games we don't target to win or play on the front foot .

Eg Fulham at home

4 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Absolutely, I am as disappointed as anyone we didn't win at least one of the last two games, BUT we are more certainly still in 'the mix'

We are on the edge. We are relient on other team's results to get in the playoffs as long as we keep picking up points.

If we lose then we drop out. Recent weeks have shown that those in the top 6 can afford to drop points even now.

If we were to go on a winnig streak then yes we in the mix.

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever

55 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Come on Hasta. 

If we weren’t involved and someone said to you ‘Bristol City are in the mix for the playoffs this season’, you’d say they were wrong because they aren’t actually 6th in February?

We trailed Bolton by far more than 3 points for long stretches in 2000/01, we were still in the automatic mix!

Bristol City have been in the play offs for many months already this season, and had they won any of their last two games would have been back in there. 

I never said you had to be in the top 6.

Edited by Hasta

Just now, Hasta said:

Bristol City have been in the play offs for many months already this season and had they won any of their last two games would have been back in there. 

I never said you had to be in the top 6.

We were in it on 75 minutes at Brentford! Not that the ‘as it stands’ table means anything, but if shows we are in the mix.

Villa weren’t in it at all least season until April.

Edited by Mattyblue

23 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

PNE do now have a more winnable run of fixtures*.

This week was a real chance to make ground with the respective fixtures we had.

*Obviously anything can happen in the Championship.

I don't think winnable or easy fixtures exist in this league. There's hardly any team with nothing to play for as such, be it promotion or relegation. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

We were in it on 75 minutes at Brentford!

Villa weren’t in it at all least season until April.

So Villa probably werent in the mix until late March. Im not saying we cant get there.

Just now, Hasta said:

So Villa probably werent in the mix until late March. Im not saying we cant get there.

Obviously just semantics then. Because we are in a play off chase, not sure how anyone could say different with a 3 point gap on the 29th February with a good goal difference.

Will we do it? Nah. But I can’t fathom that there is actually folk disagreeing that we are involved as it stands.

2 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I don't think winnable or easy fixtures exist in this league. There's hardly any team with nothing to play for as such, be it promotion or relegation. 

Not saying they are easy, but QPR at home and Luton away will be preferred to West Brom and Fulham away.

Thats just how it is, but I can see us getting something at Derby and beating Bristol City, so game on.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

No I just cant be assed with another Gallagher debate like we have after every game and in all truth every day. 

You would if he’d have had a great game wide (or is it outside forward?), you’d have been like a dog on heat this morning.

He had a good game centrally, where many posters on here wanted him to play and you ‘can’t be assed’

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Rothwell is universally liked by the fans from what I can see. I’ve been screaming from the rooftops to have him in the side for a while. But this season he has shown why TM had been holding him back. He had a run of games with zero assists or goals and that’s his problem. He doesn’t effect the game statistically enough. Yes, he’s pretty to watch and undoubtedly talented but he needs to add those final qualities to meet his potential.

He had at least two chances which dropped to him on the edge of the box vs Swansea and never looked like scoring. The most effective half I’ve seen him play was his last before injury when he got an assist and ‘assisted the assist’ vs qpr.

He continues to be a footballing enigma like many before him and no doubt lots after.

Oh and Travs development technically from a RB to a CM is basically down to Jonty who was tasked with coaching the 23’s and getting them into the first team by Mowbray. Dunny would’ve had some involvement. Mowbray then transitioned Jonty into the first team to bridge the gap from 23’s to first team and bring in data analysis. But the main asset there is Trav. Absolute beast of a character. A winner.

Good post, spot on,I like Rothwell but he needs to do more,think he will end up a top player one day.

• Like 1

QPR are on a decent little run, held swans and forest to a 0-0 away. Luton also doing bits.

Derby is such a pivotal game really, they all seem to be at the moment. With Darragh I'd fancy a win but it has another draw all over it 1-1

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

I don’t think Rothwell is ‘universally liked’ away from here.

Most fans around me yesterday were grumbling ‘no end product’, ‘flatters to deceive’, ‘Just runs with it in the middle of the park’ etc.

Yes, Iv no doubt they were moaning like f**k because things weren’t going our way and he had an average game. But when I say Universally liked by the fans I mean I can almost guarantee that they were all more than happy with his inclusion in the team before kick off. This as oppose to the grumbling you would’ve found with the inclusion of Bennett, Bell and Gallagher who are NOT universally liked by the fans and divide opinion.

*I literally list as many players as possible who I think could do a better job than Bell before every game.

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You would if he’d have had a great game wide (or is it outside forward?), you’d have been like a dog on heat this morning.

He had a good game centrally, where many posters on here wanted him to play and you ‘can’t be assed’

I commented on the game yesterday after the game. Said Gallagher had a good game yesterday. Miss them again

No they weren’t ‘moaning like fuck’, they were at Ewood supporting the team on a freezing February afternoon.

However, for me they are correct to question a 25 year old that adds precious little in goals and assists - a key part of being an an attacking midfielder and is a long way from a ‘top player’.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Obviously just semantics then. Because we are in a play off chase, not sure how anyone could say different with a 3 point gap on the 29th February with a good goal difference.

Will we do it? Nah. But I can’t fathom that there is actually folk disagreeing that we are involved as it stands.

You're contradicting yourself completely there Matty - if you don't think we'll do it then by definition in your mind we are not in the mix!

Also people keep mentioning Villa as an example of how we might be able to work ourselves into the mix - but they only did so after they changed manager!

Which incidentally is the only way I think we'd be able to work our way into the mix - by bringing someone in who will deliver victories not disappointing outcomes when it matters.

• Like 4

I personally think we’ll fall short in the end, doesnt mean we don’t have a chance, I.e ‘in the mix’, not ‘dead certs’, like a few others.

I also think PNE will fall away, are they ‘not in the mix’, either?

Edited by Mattyblue

I don't think we can grumble too much, given that we have been fielding a bare bones team for the past few weeks. It would have been better of course had we won at least one of the last three, but we are far from out of contention as things stand. Where we might get to in the event of some of the key players coming back into the mix is anyone's guess. If we did, by some miracle, make the playoffs, and then have a stronger squad to select from, well anything might just happen.

Lots of ifs, buts and maybes there. I don't think anyone thinks we are capable of pushing for the Prem at this point, but a mild flirtation with the idea, via participation in the Playoffs would be something to celebrate, even if it did eventually end in heroic failure.

giphy.gif