BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City home

Let's be honest, the desire to get to the prem is purely financial. It's such a boring, boring league in my opinion now. People used to scoff at the SPL for being a 2 horse race, well now its probably one at this rate in ours.

• Like 1

Something that strikes me as strange with our outfit is that when we've had a bad patch and the vultures are circling for the managers head they suddenly out of the blue conjure up a couple of top performances. Whoever the opposition.

Yet when it's all to play for and there is an actual goal of getting into the top 6 it's dull, lacking drive and back to the usual slow disjointed tactics.

Why is this ? I'm not calling the team bottle jobs because they've grafted for 2 points this week they didn't cave in. Just wonder why from the gaffers point of view we don't go for it a bit more when there's nothing to lose really. And why we aren't capable of those backs to the wall type brave efforts when there's a nice position up for grabs ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Let's be honest, the desire to get to the prem is purely financial. It's such a boring, boring league in my opinion now. People used to scoff at the SPL for being a 2 horse race, well now its probably one at this rate in ours.

This season it is, but that one team haven’t won the league for thirty years. It was even more of a one team league when United were dominating year after year. Even when we were last in, the top 4 was pretty much a closed shop, you’ve got Leicester, Wolves, Sheff Utd fighting for that now.

Don’t think what’s happening in the title race would concern us much anyway. 

I’m desperate for us to get there because history shows we belong there, both in terms of years spent in the top flight and trophies won. We should be so proud of that. 

Also, playing in the Premier League = signing better players, more chance of going deep into a cup competition, much bigger crowds at Ewood and that ‘big match feel’ which has been pretty much non-existent for a decade. Teams in mid-table in the PL might not have much to play for but I’d much rather be mid-table PL in front of over 20k at Ewood than mid-table Championship in front of 12k like we have been for a lot of the decade.

Cannot wait until we’re back. It will happen one day....

PNE are "in the mix" for the playoffs because they are in the top 6.  To be in the mix, you have to be included. and we won't be "in the mix" until we get in the top 6. 

At the moment we are challenging for the top 6. Nothing more.

It's quite simple really. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

PNE are "in the mix" for the playoffs because they are in the top 6.  To be in the mix, you have to be included. and we won't be "in the mix" until we get in the top 6. 

What a ridiculous comment.

Preston have lost 3 of their last 5 and are playing shite. 

This in the mix is getting on my tits now, can we stop?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Why is this ? I'm not calling the team bottle jobs because they've grafted for 2 points this week they didn't cave in. Just wonder why from the gaffers point of view we don't go for it a bit more when there's nothing to lose really.

I've given this a lot of thought, and I've come to the conclusion that the majority of the players aren't good enough for the premier league, they're all professional,  they know their limitations,  a lot are 30+, the rest are very young.  The whole club would change from top to bottom if we get up, current players will be gone looking for new clubs and the youngsters like Buckley will suddenly not be getting the chances they are now.  

Turkeys will never vote for Christmas. 

We have the wrong set up in the squad, too reliant on players who cannot play in the premier league for whatever reason.

Why rock the cosy boat, there's 3 year deals to be had in the division........?

9 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Image of the day from the game. Cry away you cheating gits

4456F4FD-D660-4711-860C-592DF007FB44.jpeg

The actions of Brewster when he scored towards the Blackburn End shows a guy who thinks he is special and out of touch with working class people. Connor Gallagher was cheating all game. No wonder his shirt was so dirty, he was never off the floor. 

Steve Cooper need to have a word with his players. Surely that is not the way he wants to play. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Backroom
21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The actions of Brewster when he scored towards the Blackburn End shows a guy who thinks he is special and out of touch with working class people. Connor Gallagher was cheating all game. No wonder his shirt was so dirty, he was never off the floor. 

Steve Cooper need to have a word with his players. Surely that is not the way he wants to play. 

We dived to get a penalty and Travis has been a master shithouse recently, everyone does it 

In fact recently we were asking for more Shithousery 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

We dived to get a penalty and Travis has been a master shithouse recently, everyone does it 

In fact recently we were asking for more Shithousery 

Well we didn't. Brereton penalty were soft one similar to a number of fouls the ref gave during the game. And the Brentford one aswell last week given to us. They were a number of soft penalties given in the past week in the championship according to Colin Murray and Dean Ashton 

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well we didn't. Brereton penalty were soft one similar to a number of fouls the ref gave during the game. And the Brentford one aswell last week given to us. They were a number of soft penalties given in the past week in the championship according to Colin Murray and Dean Ashton 

And you went mad about the one against us for Brentford 

Swings and roundabouts, sure their manager wouldn’t have been overly impressed with Johnson’s elbow on their lad 

I thought we did ok yesterday and a draw was a fair result. Good to see us finishing strongly despite the setback of a missed pen, and seeing half their team on the floor was a funny sight!

I thought Gally was good first half, BB excellent second half, Nyambe consistent and Travis persistent. Poor performances from Tosin, Samuel, Rothwell & Armstrong, with everyone else average.

I think both pens were correctly awarded, would like to see the foul on Walton again cos at the ground it looked v late & high, an almost cast iron sending off. 

In isolation it's a good point but i have to say 3 from 9 is disappointing overall. Not surprising though either, as we're down to bare bones due to rotten luck with injuries coupled with recruitment issues.

Nevertheless they showed fight, character & togetherness and I can be proud of them given the adversities they've had to endure. Have we got stating power to kick on? I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure that if we'd have been told in August we'd be 3 points off 6th place on 1st March, to a man & woman on here everyone would have taken that & be of the view it is progress from last season. 

Of course it could (arguably should) be better but results this last week show that nothing can be taken for granted in terms of who has an easy or a hard run in. We still have our destiny in our own hands, howsoever we've got here, so let's try & stay positive, regroup, and go again next Sunday, which will be somewhat "after the Lord Mayor's Show" for Derby so a real chance to take the points in what will inevitably be a comedown for them after the hype of playing United on Thursday. We should get at them from the off.

• Like 1

We are in the mix because we are 3 points from the play offs on the 1st March.

Challenging/in the mix/fighting for/in the race etc. are all turns of phrase in football, as Jim well knows as a former writer.

Are Leeds not ‘in the mix’ for the title because they are outside first place? Yes, of course they are. So stop talking compete tripe.

Quite simple really.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Hasta said:

Therefore evrryone down to about QPR is "in the mix". And Preston are still "in the mix" for automatic promotion.

Your barking up the wrong tree saying we are not in the mix for the playoffs I'm sorry if your 3 points from the top six at this stage with so much left to play your in the mix. Normally I'd say people are entitled to there opinion  but in this case your just not.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

That's not true so is only the team at the top of the table at the time in the mix for the title not much of a mix is it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

The actions of Brewster when he scored towards the Blackburn End shows a guy who thinks he is special and out of touch with working class people.

According to sportrac he is on 10k per week at 19 so very much out of touch with working class people. The celebration was way over the top. No idea if he has celebrated the other 3 goals he has scored like that for Swansea or whether this was a personal reaction to us were there rumours about us looking at this lad in the run up to the January window?