BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City home

8 hours ago, Tom said:

And you went mad about the one against us for Brentford 

Swings and roundabouts, sure their manager wouldn’t have been overly impressed with Johnson’s elbow on their lad 

And surely this is red card for the Swansea player after his challenge on Walton

23 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I thought that at first but watched the slo-mo replays and Walton didn’t go early, although he clearly had decided he was going to go. 

Checked it again. Walton moves to the left well before  Ayew strikes the ball and his weight is transferred to that side making is simple for Ayew to roll it into the right side.

Perfect pen from his point of view.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

And surely this is red card for the Swansea player after his challenge on Walton

Sorry, doesn't look a straight red to me. I'd have been furious if a red card had been given against our player for this. Clashes are inevitable in football when 2 players go for the ball. I'd hate to see it become a non-contact sport.

• Like 3

My thoughts on the game as many have mentioned...

1 Lenihan / commanding CB absolutely crucial for a number of reasons: a) Nyambe threat dissolved by not having him doing His Cafu! b) Adarabayo was a shadow of himself probably his worst game for us! c) allows Bennett to play.. who is a lovely person but past it as a player he really is..

2 We need Nyambe back at RB asap.

3 Need to keep Downing and Travis together if we sticking to 4321.

4 Gallagher still not good enough sorry.

5 Need Armstrong back up top

6 Samuel let himself down big time after the one good game

7 Best game by a country mile for BB hopefully theres a player in there! 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

He has every right to try to beat the keeper to that, and when he realises he won't win he jumps up to try to avoid catching Walton's feet. Or may have been trying to block the pass off, which he is also entitled to do. It was maybe a little clumsy, but it's not easy to avoid colliding with someone when you're running at speed and only have a split second to react.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rogerb said:

According to sportrac he is on 10k per week at 19 so very much out of touch with working class people. The celebration was way over the top. No idea if he has celebrated the other 3 goals he has scored like that for Swansea or whether this was a personal reaction to us were there rumours about us looking at this lad in the run up to the January window?

Yes, there were. Maybe he saw some fan saying we didn't need him, or there were negotiations and somehow something offended him at some stage.

Alternatively, he's just an enormous flying cockwaffle with the emotional maturity of Donald Trump.

19 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I've given this a lot of thought, and I've come to the conclusion that the majority of the players aren't good enough for the premier league, they're all professional,  they know their limitations,  a lot are 30+, the rest are very young.  The whole club would change from top to bottom if we get up, current players will be gone looking for new clubs and the youngsters like Buckley will suddenly not be getting the chances they are now.  

Turkeys will never vote for Christmas. 

We have the wrong set up in the squad, too reliant on players who cannot play in the premier league for whatever reason.

Why rock the cosy boat, there's 3 year deals to be had in the division........?

Mainly down to the mentality imo and it reflects on here with the old 'must win game' debate.  If you want to go somewhere then at this the business end of the season they are all must win.  Yet it seems more a case of we want to win we'll try but be careful and of we don't it's  ok there's always next week/x number of games left, something will happen !

Make it happen !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Let's be honest, the desire to get to the prem is purely financial. It's such a boring, boring league in my opinion now. People used to scoff at the SPL for being a 2 horse race, well now its probably one at this rate in ours.

I'd like to attract quality footballers back to Ewood - that's why I want to get back to the Prem. Watching our band of flawed cloggers face off against another band of flawed cloggers every fortnight doesn't excite me. 

10 hours ago, 47er said:

Sorry, doesn't look a straight red to me. I'd have been furious if a red card had been given against our player for this. Clashes are inevitable in football when 2 players go for the ball. I'd hate to see it become a non-contact sport.

If we are sending players off for that then the game is in a worse state than I thought. It's a collision as Walton got there marginally before the Swansea player. If people think that's a red card offence I'd be keen to know what they thought of Johnson's challenge.

I thought the referee was decent on Saturday. He was generally consistent with his cautions.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Let's be honest, the desire to get to the prem is purely financial. It's such a boring, boring league in my opinion now. People used to scoff at the SPL for being a 2 horse race, well now its probably one at this rate in ours.

Going to a few games with an atmosphere would also be quite nice ?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He kicked out at Walton's knee.

It's a straight red, every day of the week.

Players running at high speed will come into contact with each other. If anything the Swansea player looked like he was trying to turn away to minimise contact. There was nothing in that collision that looked like he was trying to hurt Walton. The referee had a good game and got it exactly right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Players running at high speed will come into contact with each other. If anything the Swansea player looked like he was trying to turn away to minimise contact. There was nothing in that collision that looked like he was trying to hurt Walton. The referee had a good game and got it exactly right. 

Agree to disagree - he's kicked out there and his reaction tells you he knows he's lucky to stay on the field.