BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City home

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

William's isnt fit. 

So looks like Nyambe at Centre back With Adarabioyo according to Mowbray's comments at press conference. Bennett at right back. Carter on bench I guess. 

I rather play Carter at centre back with Adarabioyo and keep Nyambe at right back

Oh dear. Can see things being tricky.

Just now, Miller11 said:

So for what seems like about the 1,000th time in the last 10 years, we are debating how best to cobble together a back four.

Despite a pretty horrendous run of injuries to attacking players, we are still spoilt for choice in those areas. This failure to properly invest in the defence has cost us plenty of times before, let’s hope it doesn’t again.

You forget our utility man.

5 hours ago, Gary C said:

Looking forward to the game. I'm hoping we can cope without the loss of Lenihan and improve our deliveries in to the box which let us down against Stoke

What let us down against Stoke was our lack of incisiveness, when breaking out we where taking 4 or 5 touches before passing and allowing their defence to organise.  It’s as if we don’t play 2 touch in training?

• Like 1

Everyone is underestimating the chances that we get 

Bennett Nyambe Carter Tosin Bell

When we last had this issue (home to Wigan last year), Magloire came in and he went with a back five. I'm not ruling a Carter Back 5 out personally.

IMO, simply a game we have to win and we should do if Mowbray is positive and makes the right calls.

Let's get it straight, Swansea are no great shakes.  They come to Ewood in poor form (5 points from last 6 games) and other than their match at Hull, struggle to score goals away from home.

We need to be positive, aggressive and in their faces from from the start.  Attack is the best form of defence and given our options at the back, we need to!

I'd throw the proverbial kitchen sink at them and go:

Walton / Nyambe, Adarabiyo, Mulgrew, Bell / Rankin-Costello, Travis, Downing / Buckley /  Armstrong, Samuel

Rovers to win by 2 or 3 goals to 1.

2 hours ago, 4000Holes said:

What let us down against Stoke was our lack of incisiveness, when breaking out we where taking 4 or 5 touches before passing and allowing their defence to organise.  It’s as if we don’t play 2 touch in training?

We also lacked quality getting the ball in the box but there were several occasions were there were needless passes I agree

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

So for what seems like about the 1,000th time in the last 10 years, we are debating how best to cobble together a back four.

Despite a pretty horrendous run of injuries to attacking players, we are still spoilt for choice in those areas. This failure to properly invest in the defence has cost us plenty of times before, let’s hope it doesn’t again.

Agree. No one else goes into the game with so few defenders in the squad. Sure Cunningham was injured for the season and it is a blow, but we've been fortunate that Lenihen hasn't missed more of this season with injuries given his history. And we have known and been able.to adjust for Cunningham for months. Realistically we've had one injury to Williams, who is not that good, and that has scuppered us defensively. That's criminal. Without Cunningham that's 5 defenders in the squad, with him it is 6. No idea how we think that is anywhere near the level needed. For context we have 5 strikers and only play one up front. 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Is Carter any good? Is he currently better than Mulgrew?

If Charlie doesn’t make the bench it’s obvious it’s for non footballing reasons  

Has to be. There was literally no one else and he doesn't get on the benchm that can't be for footballing reasons. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I'd go:

Walton
JRC Nyambe Carter Tosin Downing
Travis Johnson
Rothwell
Armstrong Samuel

Seems a bit far fetched to me to bring in a young centre back, but rather than like for like, overcompensating by changing the whole formation to one the players arent really familiar with, still having Nyambe out of position, moving Downing out of position and expecting another young lad to come in and play from a different position, even if he has played it for the kids.

The change has to cause as little a disruption as possible as far as I am concerned which is obviously difficult. There are seemingly 3 options. If Carter is one, he needs to be at least able to slot in without having to revamp the whole side just to get him in. I cant say either way because I dont go and watch the reserves, up to others to judge. Another option is seemingly move Nyambe to CB, Bennett to RB, but that involves moving 2 players out of position to make 1 change so I am against that. The third option is to slot Mulgrew in but he is clearly past his best and presumably rusty, and perhaps Adarabioyo is not an ideal partner. That being said, he has played quite a few games at this level this season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

This game really doesn"t matter, like the last 2.

Give Smallwood, Mulgrew & Brereton a run out.

This game doesn’t matter?! Surely you jest, looking at your three selections. 

Tony has got to play our best 11, this is no time for experimentation. No Lenihan means Bennett starts, I bet. I would like to see JR-C. 

But I’m afraid with Derby & Bristol coming up, “pull a lineup out of a hat” options will happen, soon enough. 

Edited by WacoRover

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The change has to cause as little a disruption as possible as far as I am concerned which is obviously difficult. There are seemingly 3 options. If Carter is one, he needs to be at least able to slot in without having to revamp the whole side just to get him in. I cant say either way because I dont go and watch the reserves, up to others to judge. Another option is seemingly move Nyambe to CB, Bennett to RB, but that involves moving 2 players out of position to make 1 change so I am against that. The third option is to slot Mulgrew in but he is clearly past his best and presumably rusty, and perhaps Adarabioyo is not an ideal partner. That being said, he has played quite a few games at this level this season.

Well if it is least disruption it has to be Mulgrew. Yep he's poor but is he a) worse than Nayambe at centre back and Bennett at right back? I'd say not.

Plus he has played at this level this season. If Carter was ready I reckon he'd have been involved in the squad earlier, not just when we are down to the bare bones. 

So it's a crap option but the least crap one imo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue blood said:

Well if it is least disruption it has to be Mulgrew. Yep he's poor but is he a) worse than Nayambe at centre back and Bennett at right back? I'd say not.

Plus he has played at this level this season. If Carter was ready I reckon he'd have been involved in the squad earlier, not just when we are down to the bare bones. 

So it's a crap option but the least crap one imo. 

Would probably have to agree there. He hasnt totally ruled out Williams but the fact that a half fit Williams may be our best bet is pretty embarassing!