Sign in to follow this  
philipl

Swansea City home

9 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

Williams at least has to be back for the next game, we desperately need him at CB.

Having Nyambe in the middle means we missed alot on the right. First goal was beautiful when our temporary CB went down the right flank

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

You have to be in the top 6 to be "in the mix". We've haven't been top 6 for nearly 10 years.  

Eh? we’re 3pts off 6th with a better goal difference. That’s the literally the epitome of ‘in the mix’ isn’t it? 🤦🏽‍♂️🤣🤣

Well, despite it being a dead rubber game against a lesser team in a nothing season with a manager determined to not get promoted, I for one leapt off the sofa when the equalizer went in.

Given the players out we can’t afford for our remaining allegedly creative players to not perform. However, Armstrong and Rothwell did nothing at all to worry Swansea, so it was always going to be uphill. So, to get a point with a missed penalty, hitting the post and Gallagher missing the an unchallenged header from five yards counts as a point won for me.

Cant be doing with all the alternate reality if only-ing and the “we needed..” soothsaying; if we are still three points away at 3pm on the last day we are still in it. However, for all the online togetherness of this group of players, Swansea showed we are clearly seen as a team you can take liberties with, until Johnson put his elbow into someone’s chin. 

Ps Our penalty looked very similar to the one we conceded at Brentford - won by the striker rather than conceded by the defender

Also thought Johnson could have seen red on another day for his elbow, their guy for sure should have been sent off early on 

Another standard championship ref 

Edited by Tom

Delighted with the late equaliser but its another missed chance and a really poor week in which 3 points overall isnt good enough. Swansea played better football with technical players like Ayew and Conor Gallagher and had a hint of cynicism that made seeing them devastated at the end rather satisfying.

Gallagher was far more influential as a striker, still loses the ball too much and doesnt hold it up but was being a nuisance and got his goal. Hes a striker. Then he got stuck out wide again and was totally ineffectual from then on in bar missing an absolute sitter from a set piece that luckily Johnson bailed him out. Samuel had this weeks honour of playing out wide and may as well have not been playing. This wide striker thing really is taking the piss now.

Brereton had his best cameo, constantly winning fouls and a soft penalty and generally putting himself about, shame about his "shot" at the end but much better, playing as a 10. Next weekend we have to try Brereton playing off Gallagher, both central. Play Armstrong wide on one side and Downing the other, both of whom were fairly quiet today again, especialy Armstrong, Downing is always calm and tidy. Graham has a habit of things falling to him but he does seem a bit of a spent force, terrible penalty too. Rothwell as per usual full of dribbling but nothing of note at the end of it.

Thought Travis was not great but we need him fit. Johnson put himself about but a bit rash with a wild shot and a silly foul prior to his goal, fortunate but who cares. Adarabioyo was really poor, as were both full backs really, especially Bennett. Nyambe is never a centre back but brilliant assist.

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

Ridiculous to say after all his wonder goals but Armstrong needs to look for a pass at times, you can’t score every time! 

Graham was awful today and Gallaghers miss late on could have been costly.

As above Brereton deserves a run with Armstrong now be interesting to see if he gets a go. 

Travis looked in pain at the end which is worrying 

Said that for weeks mate, doesn’t lift his head, just runs looking to get a shot away everytime when it’s not always best option

Football is made up of moments, at 2-1 down:

• Graham - presumably through some kind of seniority over Armstrong, takes and makes a hash of the penalty. Maybe he wanted to make a similar point to Sharpe that Gallagher had (running in from a central striker position) but the subplot he’d written in his head didn’t materialise and he fluffed his lines. It felt around the ground like that was our chance gone.

• Johnson - right place right time, hits a poor but powerful shot which clips the defender and has enough on it to spoon into the corner. Absolute bedlam. If ever a draw felt like a win!

• Then there’s this guy - so excited he jumps the hoardings but so absorbed in the game, he was still trying to watch while being held down on the grass by two of the security staff...

FE7A1925-AAC2-4C4D-886F-8BBD00B281D6.jpeg.2d2aa65446577f879a1c06457cd0a150.jpeg

Massive point with Swansea two minutes away from overtaking us. Especially with other teams slipping up again. But we really have failed to capitalise in the race to NOT get into the play-offs by five teams. 3 points from 9 has somehow not seen us out of it. I fear that Mowbray is going back to the tombola machine as players become available but hopefully we can hang in there.

Thought Brereton looked decent when he came on. Danny Graham offered nothing, found it strange that he took the penalty considering his limited playing time lately and Armstrong scoring against Brentford. 

Thought we missed midfield creativity, a game where Buckley could have looked decent, first half especially. 

Tony certainly does think throwing a Striker on will solve all problems. 4-2-4 2nd half! There was no linking between defence and attack at all. 
2 points from 2 home games as decent favourites is v.disappointing. We’re still in the mix, but let’s be honest, we should be in 6th place now, and 2 winnable games have past while Preston have played 2 very tough games and still sit in 6th 

Just back from a freezing Ewood and feel we were unlucky not to score 3 or 4.

Poor game until we went behind and then I thoroughly enjoyed it, if not a bit frustrated.

Gally's header looked a certain goal, DG's penalty, hit the post, proper last 15 mins.

Brereton looked good when he came on (apart from the shot that nearly ended up in the River), as did Johnson.

Thought Nyambe had a decent game at CH.

Swansea were a horrible team to play, players diving, feigning injury, the ugly side of football and they looked devastated when we equalised.

Point gained on the nobbers, come on Rovers we're still in it.

Edited by Doug
Can't spell

Probably already been said but Graham should not be allowed to take penalty when he's hardly played. So frustrating with a (poor) ref that insisted on being the centre of entertainment. 

Graham has always taken pens when he’s been in the field as far as I can recall, and it was a much better struck one than theirs: one goalie guessed wrong and one guessed right. 

15 minutes ago, Tom said:

Ridiculous to say after all his wonder goals but Armstrong needs to look for a pass at times, you can’t score every time! 

Graham was awful today and Gallaghers miss late on could have been costly.

As above Brereton deserves a run with Armstrong now be interesting to see if he gets a go. 

Travis looked in pain at the end which is worrying 

Everyone else is busy constantly looking for a pass instead of shooting. Happy to let Arma keep shooting as long as he keeps tucking enough away. The others can sideways pass futilely all day.

Is there anything more satisfying than scoring in the 95th minute against a team that has time wasted, faked injuries and been general tools for 40+ minutes.

I thought (their) Gallagher looked outstanding. Brereton with a positive cameo too. 

Sad thing is everyone knew we would be coming out of these home games with zero wins.

51 minutes ago, Madon said:

No idea how we've gained ground on the playoffs this week by getting 2pts but hey ho. 

Brereton was brilliant when he came on, got abit carried away in the 97th minute when he maybe could have squared it but won't blame him for that! 

Bring on Wayne Rooney's Derby County. I fancy us there. 

I agree for some reason I fancy us to turn derby over. 

Sponsor
7 minutes ago, Doug said:

Swansea were a horrible team to play, players diving, feigning injury, the ugly side of football and they looked devastated when we equalised.

Best part of the day was seeing all the despondent Swansea players collapsed onto the ground after our goal. Loved it. 

It looks like a battle for the sixth spot and we are the form team of the let’s fuck this up group.

12 minutes ago, Tom said:

Chaddy will be livid of course 

Was a definite stonewall penalty. Should have been a red card but thats Championship officials for you.

I could well be in a minority but I thought we were bang average today with so many misplaced and over/under hit passes. There seemed to be a real lack of urgency from some players mixed with lethargy. The conditions didn't help the game but the pitch seemed to be bobbly and uneven. I wondered if this was deliberate to stop Swansea playing their passing game.

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I could well be in a minority but I thought we were bang average today with so many misplaced and over/under hit passes. There seemed to be a real lack of urgency from some players mixed with lethargy. The conditions didn't help the game but the pitch seemed to be bobbly and uneven. I wondered if this was deliberate to stop Swansea playing their passing game.

The pitch seems to have been in poor condition for a while to be fair. 

Just to reiterate, Brereton definitely looked good today...…..long may it continue.

I’m just going to keep it simple.

played Gallagher in his natural position....scored. Moved him to the right .......shite

brereton was very good when he came on....in his natural position and was mom imo. Never thought I’d type that.

disapointed with the result yet relieved to get a point.

decent first half without being great up until the goal 

Graham looks finished , rothwell was inn effective and rightly subbed as was Dom. still dont understand what anyone sees in this lad 

on paper a point closer , in reality proof we don’t have what it takes . 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

The pitch seems to have been in poor condition for a while to be fair. 

It has but I think today it was almost like there had been no or little attempt to get it flat. The bobbles were evident in the warm up.

frustrating in the fact we could have been in the play off places but at least we are still in the running,knowing rovers we`ll probably get 6 points from two difficult away games😏brereton looked a completely different player to the one we`ve all been despairing about,he actually looked very handy indeed