BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City home

Just now, K-Hod said:

Whilst I don’t think today’s game is a dead rubber at all, if we don’t win, I don’t think we will ultimately get into the play offs.

I agree. I think if we come away from Ewood after a bore fest draw or defeat then all my hope will evaporate and I will join the dead rubber train with OEB

• Like 1

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

The last 2 games were must wins. We should have approached them as such and now be in the play offs. Instead we failed to show up and have gone backwards. Appreciate the uber positive outlook but not sure what foundation it has or why anyone thinks today will be any different.

It’s not that I expect it to be different more like a druggie having one last hit

• Like 1

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

The last 2 games were must wins. We should have approached them as such and now be in the play offs. Instead we failed to show up and have gone backwards. Appreciate the uber positive outlook but not sure what foundation it has or why anyone thinks today will be any different.

It’s not ‘Uber positive’ to not believe a February home game with a 4 point gap is a ‘dead rubber’. Just common sense.

You may not think we’ll get there in the end, I don’t. But you are just posting for a reaction.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

William's isnt fit. 

So looks like Nyambe at Centre back With Adarabioyo according to Mowbray's comments at press conference. Bennett at right back. Carter on bench I guess. 

I rather play Carter at centre back with Adarabioyo and keep Nyambe at right back

But that would mean playing a centerback at centerback and a fullback at fullback

24 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Whilst I don’t think today’s game is a dead rubber at all, if we don’t win, I don’t think we will ultimately get into the play offs.

Agree. Even assuming it doesn't signal a dip in form I think being 4 points off the playoffs, or worse if we lose more ground, would be too much to turn around in too short a space of time given how many teams are vying for playoffs. 

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I urge supporters to take note of this at today's game,it's certainly got my back up.

Shows were this lots priorities lay.:angry:

It literally makes no sense as your pay on the day away fans are a captive market.

They aren’t going to trek all the way to Blackburn, not see an enormous sign saying AWAY TICKETS, so head back home! 

• Like 3

They were good those history timeline things. They’ve been replaced with adverts for away tickets!?!?!? Really are clueless at rovers. I hardly think legions of ticketless Swansea or any away fans will rock up to Ewood and think there’s no 20 foot adverts for away tickets better set off home.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It literally makes no sense as your pay on the day away fans are a captive market.

They aren’t going to trek all the way to Blackburn, not see an enormous sign saying AWAY TICKETS, so head back home! 

Thats true. Strange rationale and I presume they had to buy a sign and pay someone to put it up. Surely can't be an FFP trick.

Or maybe giving them the benefit of the doubt that its only temporary before the big unveiling of the "Tony Parkes Away Ticket Office".

Do away fans pay the Waggott Tax ? 

That's the most likely reason behind it.

Perhaps there is a few thousand Swansea fans living in Blackburn which only Waggott knows about.

23 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Given Swansea's position relative to ours, today is a 6 pointer, the complete opposite of a dead rubber! 

Never having seen Carter but having been trusted to be on the bench recently  he should start alongside Tosin by reason of being least disruptive to the back 4. It could be the making of him, remember Phil Jones v Chelsea?!

I'd also replace Gallagher with Samuel and Rothwell with Buckley.  Something like below but with Dom Sam & AA being willing to work the channels and JB + Travis filling gaps in the middle when attacking. Potentially leaves us a bit narrow but we don't use the wide areas that well anyway.

Walton

RN TA HC AB

LT   BJ  SD

JB

DS  AA

Definitely a must win today after the last no show. I'd love us to put this lot to the sword but I'm expecting a score draw. My forecast is the season will peter out to a slight improvement over last season leading to several of our better players leaving in summer for more ambitious clubs. I sincerely hope I'm wrong but that's how I see the cards falling.

• Like 1

Swansea have some dangerous players and we're weaker in defence and struggle to score. Throw in bad weather, an apathetic crowd and a manager who invariable picks the wrong team and cannot get it motivated anyway and there's only going to be one outcome. Swansea 2-1

Not many of us would've predicted that we'd be in with a chance of the play offs at this stage and if the results go the right way we'll be serious contenders.

Big game deserves a decent crowd but I doubt we'll get one.

Lenihan is a massive loss and I've no idea who TM will replace him with, although Mulgrew would be my choice.

I'd retain Rothwell and bring Samuel back in.

Waterproofs and thermals for me today and 3pm cannot come soon enough.

Come on Rovers, this is such an unpredictable league where most teams are inconsistent,  let's get a win and keep it going.

• Like 4