BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City home

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray picks an attacking team and still people still find something to moan about. 

Today game will be 2 attacking teams. We can 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. 

@Sparks Rover Swansea arent a long ball team. All about pace and movement

Rovers to win 3-1. Armstrong, Rothwell and Gallagher to score

No Chaddy ,I'm moaning about the fact that Elliot feckin Bennett is once again starting when he's just  not good enough. Especially at right back if that's where he starts.  Personally I'd try a three and flood the midfield,  get bennet as a wing back...although I'd never even have him in the squad never mind bloosy captain...joke

Should've told Mulgrew to lump it and stay at Wigan if he's not in contention here. Why bring him back for no reason? Mowbray being mr nice guy?

The lack of defenders is inexcusable. Mowbray's fanboys will keep hiding behind Cunningham's injury but we had two windows to strengthen at the back.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Amo said:

Should've told Mulgrew to lump it and stay at Wigan if he's not in contention here. Why bring him back for no reason? Mowbray being mr nice guy?

The lack of defenders is inexcusable. Mowbray's fanboys will keep hiding behind Cunningham's injury but we had two windows to strengthen at the back.

Bringing Tosin and Cunningham in did strengthen us at the back. If that makes me a fanboy so be it.

January coming back to haunt us. Our lack of cb covers turns one problem into two.

Bennett at right back is a big minus.

We’ve had a good run of a consistent back four but it was always going to come to an end.

Gallagher on the right again? It’s the same old Mowbray. We are just treading water and seem to have no ambition even as a club. We talk about promotion but we don’t really mean it. Because that would almost certainly see Mowbray sacked after a couple of months...

• Like 2

The lack of a centre half, or even a defender of any type except arguably JRC who has never played there at senior level, on that bench is utterly unacceptable. Let's pray it doesn't bite us hard in the arse today.

The man is fucking obsessed with strikers and midfielders!

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

Bringing Tosin and Cunningham in did strengthen us at the back. If that makes me a fanboy so be it.

So why didnt he loan another LB to cover Cunningham. As it stands, we have gained a CB and lost a CB in Mulgrew. Not strengthened in my book. 

And all players that will leave us at the end of the season...no perms, just loans.

Edited by JacknOry

When you have bell and bennett in a back 4 with a loanee centre half and no defenders on the bench that’s a shocking. Almost an unacceptable lack of defenders in the squad. Can’t be in a situation where losing one centre half makes 2 problems by moving the rb to cb forcing Bennett into the defence. 

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

So why didnt he loan another LB to cover Cunningham. As it stands, we have gained a CB and lost a CB in Mulgrew. Not strengthened in my book. 

His back 4 would be

Nyambe imo one of the best RB in the league

Tosin and Darragh both above average

Cunningham, probably a bit early to claim he was THAT good but certainly showed all the right signs.

That to me is a strong back 4! We're not in a position to sign quality players as 'back up'.

What we should be doing is bringing some worldies through via the academy.....

• Like 1

Just now, Yoogo said:

I wonder what has gone on between Mowbray and Mulgrew. I know Mulgrew isn't the best defender we've seen at Ewood, but crikey... He must have said something to Tony after that Charlton game to be so out in the cold.

Edit: Alternatively, could be this contractual/financial obligation that one or two have mentioned?

Either contractual which I strongly suspect or Mowbray 'sticking to his guns' and proving a point.

Since he left Wigan have gone on a decent run too, not exactly sorely missed is he?

2 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

His back 4 would be

Nyambe imo one of the best RB in the league

Tosin and Darragh both above average

Cunningham, probably a bit early to claim he was THAT good but certainly showed all the right signs.

That to me is a strong back 4! We're not in a position to sign quality players as 'back up'.

What we should be doing is bringing some worldies through via the academy.....

Agreed that our first choice defense IF all fit, is good. But there is literally nothing behind it. We have a RB at CB ffs and a RM at RB who has proved alwful there. Besides, we wouldnt have been signing players as backup, our best LB and CB are loans, not ours so will be gone end of the season.

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

Seems odd to have Chapman back on the bench today but no defenders, be surprised if he gets on before Buckley, JRC, Graham and Brereton 

I'd go as far as to say he definitely won't be on before any of those. So unless we are anticipating a couple of injuries on the bench, what is the point when we could have just put a defender on the bench instead? Fucking ludicrous. You don't name this many mids and strikers on the bench, its goddamned stupid. They can't all get on!

14 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Tosin has proved an excellent loan signing. Personally I never got the Cunningham appreciation though.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Agreed that our first choice defense IF all fit, is good. But there is literally nothing behind it. We have a RB at CB ffs and a RM at RB who has proved alwful there. Besides, we wouldnt have been signing players as backup, our best LB and CB are loans, not ours so will be gone end of the season.

That's kinda the position we're in I'm afraid.

Villas best defender last season was on loan too and now a permanent.

Just now, Yoogo said:

Yes. And the same could be said about Raya. Both of them were liabilities last season. I guess we'll find out in a couple of hours one way or the other! #COYB

I was fully behind the Raya sale, he hasn't progressed either. However as much as I like Walton it would be nice to own a decent keeper!