BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

How do when line up when Dack is fit again and who gets dropped?

Armstrong has thrived on taking on Dack’s position more centrally.

Rothwell would surely be better in the number 10 role and can frighten defenders with his dribbling forward. He can drop into midfield and carry the ball 20 yards on his own.

Gallagher has to play as a centre forward to be effective, and for 5 million other reasons, but continues to be played out wide.

Samuel has looked a handful when he has played recently and needs a run of games. Or needs to be moved on.

Brereton also has to go to centre forward but he will never play alongside Gally in a 4-4-2. (Why buy both). Still feel the “hasn’t settled” excuse to move on and try to recover some of the outlay back is the best option.

Buckley is emerging as an option in the middle just ahead of holding midfielders.

Holtby seemed to be hot and cold but also needs a settled run of matches.

I don’t expect Downing to stick around but he could I guess.

It’s looking more and more obvious that Dack was on his way in January but, as he’s going nowhere any time soon and to get a fee he needs to play, when comes back, how do we accommodate him?

Discuss.

F5F5156E-EEC1-4786-9206-A25AD4097417.thumb.jpeg.8ab54337a812f6d540d2e5549a648086.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Rothwell would surely be better in the number 10 role and can frighten defenders with his dribbling forward. He can drop into midfield and carry the ball 20 yards on his own.

Gallagher has to play as a centre forward to be effective, and for 5 million other reasons, but continues to be played out wide.

Samuel has looked a handful when he has played recently and needs a run of games. Or needs to be moved on.

Brereton also has to go to centre forward but he will never play alongside Gally in a 4-4-2. (Why buy both). Still feel the “hasn’t settled” excuse to move on and try to recover some of the outlay back is the best option.

Buckley is emerging as an option in the middle just ahead of holding midfielders.

It’s looking more and more obvious that Dack was on his way in January but, as he’s going nowhere any time soon and to get a fee he needs to play, when comes back, how do we accommodate him?

Discuss.

F5F5156E-EEC1-4786-9206-A25AD4097417.thumb.jpeg.8ab54337a812f6d540d2e5549a648086.jpeg

Dack has to play, I think he could well have been the difference in this last week. Still our best player. For me, him as a 10, Armstrong up front.

Badly need 2 wide men in the summer as a priority. Rothwell has been desperately disapointing, doesnt have any end product. Holtby should start the season as our 10 in Dacks absence but not sure how we fit him in on Dacks return. As you touch on, none of the strikers playing there works either and Mowbray has to realise that.

Would look to move on Bell, Samuel and Graham at the end of the season once their deals end. Obviously Walton and Adarabioyo need replacing, throw in 2 wingers, a left back and perhaps a striker before considering competition at CB and RB and its a busy window!

• Like 1

Dack won't be ready until next Christmas. In the meantime we have a huge summer transfer window. By November this year I haven't a clue what players we will have in the squad let alone how to line them up with or without Dack.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Stuart said:

Discuss.

Think you are pretty close except Armstrong up front with Gallagher wide and that is presuming that Travis and Lenihan havent been sold in the summer. Hopefully Bell will have been replaced by then as his contract is up.

Are you presuming we will sign Walton permentately in the summer?

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever

I know when he comes back fit he should and will be back in The ten role. I just hope he comes back the same player with the same attitude. 

As for the rest of the team we have to hope we can keep hold of the better players. Once the loan deals expire and the Graham, smallwood, mulgrew, hopefully Dom Samuel all move out that leaves quite a list of players needed.

what concerns me is this finding young gems and polishing them up mantra Tony always speaks about. If this is still the case then we are going to be heavily reliant on what we already have to produce week in week out. Factor in the mowbray bedding in period and I believe it’s going to be a case of mid table mediocrity at best. 

Then there is the concern he can’t get the deals over the line because players cost more than they did in the 90s. 

The same excuses will be used we couldn’t get the right lads in , won’t break the wage structure, it will take time to bed in the new lads in, they have to learn how we play . They need to learn the system (which going off yesterday’s performance was the same one Sam Allardyce implemented ).

i fear it’s going to on be a long season. It’s going to be one step forward and two back......but we go again is going to be the new we gave it a right good go. 

I really hope I’m wrong . Believe me I do. I hope Tony has identified targets and has a clear vision of what is needed and has back up plans etc but with ffp looming and  History suggests this is going to be the start of the steadied the ship period bowyer has to manage.

never wanted to be called a doom monger and have you all throw it back in my face more but that’s what I see 

Impossible to say because we'll have an almost entirely new team next season. A few contracts up, quite a few will leave, loans will go back, we'll sign some. Impossible to predict.

4 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Think you are pretty close except Armstrong up front with Gallagher wide and that is presuming that Travis and Lenihan havent been sold in the summer. Hopefully Bell will have been replaced by then as his contract is up.

Are you presuming we will sign Walton permentately in the summer?

Yes. I think we should aim for better but that’s not likely with Mowbray.

If we play Armstrong in the middle then we completely waste Gallagher (again) and Mowbray has learned nothing. It also means we need to find a left winger from somewhere.

With the poor mix of our forward players, I think that bringing Dack back makes us less balanced and we are back to square one.

depends when Dack is back fit. I wonder if WBA will still be interest in him in the summer if he almost back to fitness. 

I agree with @J*B that we need to prepare for life after Dack now. 

15 hours ago, Stuart said:

why do you think this? I fully expect him to get another 12 months deal. Unsure if Graham will. I expect Rovers will exercise the club option to extend Bell contract by 12 months. 

We need strengthen the Goalkeeper and defender department in the summer. We need 2 keeper, 2 centre backs, 1st choice left back, right winger and potential target man to allow us to go long if needed in games. 

Also Lenihan need to made Rovers team captain next season. And Travis has vice captain aswell. 

I would build my team around Lenihan, Nyambe, Travis, Rothwell and Armstrong next season

Edited by chaddyrovers

7 hours ago, Stuart said:

Yes. I think we should aim for better but that’s not likely with Mowbray.

If we play Armstrong in the middle then we completely waste Gallagher (again) and Mowbray has learned nothing. It also means we need to find a left winger from somewhere.

With the poor mix of our forward players, I think that bringing Dack back makes us less balanced and we are back to square one.

I dont understand how bringing Dack back in makes us any less balanced. Armstrong wasnt really moved central until just before Dack was injured but ultimately showed up very well playing with a number 10 in Holtby and would most likely do the same with our best player. We need new wingers regardless of what we do and Gallagher would naturally become an alternative to Armstrong up front.

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

depends when Dack is back fit. I wonder if WBA will still be interest in him in the summer if he almost back to fitness. 

I agree with @J*B that we need to prepare for life after Dack now. 

why do you think this? I fully expect him to get another 12 months deal. Unsure if Graham will. I expect Rovers will exercise the club option to extend Bell contract by 12 months. 

We need strengthen the Goalkeeper and defender department in the summer. We need 2 keeper, 2 centre backs, 1st choice left back, right winger and potential target man to allow us to go long if needed in games. 

Also Lenihan need to made Rovers team captain next season. And Travis has vice captain aswell. 

I would build my team around Lenihan, Nyambe, Travis, Rothwell and Armstrong next season

What has Rothwell done to warrant us building the team around him? Absolutely nothing. Would play Dack or Holtby in that 10 position (a position of serious strength) and Armstrong up front and sign 2 wide men.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont understand how bringing Dack back in makes us any less balanced. Armstrong wasnt really moved central until just before Dack was injured but ultimately showed up very well playing with a number 10 in Holtby and would most likely do the same with our best player. We need new wingers regardless of what we do and Gallagher would naturally become an alternative to Armstrong up front.

One extra player in a position we are already well stocked in. With Dack our we can accommodate some that will now have to be shifted or dropped.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

What has Rothwell done to warrant us building the team around him? Absolutely nothing. Would play Dack or Holtby in that 10 position (a position of serious strength) and Armstrong up front and sign 2 wide men.

What has Holtby done to warrant the number 10 spot ahead of Rothwell?

For me Rothwell has something about him but we aren’t getting the best from him. However, he is forever being played anywhere but that second attacking spot.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

One extra player in a position we are already well stocked in. With Dack our we can accommodate some that will now have to be shifted or dropped.

Dack is an upgrade on anyone, even Holtby who will be a very good stop gap until next winter. Theres no point losing sight of the fact that hes our best player and biggest goal threat and we wouldnt have to change formation or style to put him back in.

Just now, Stuart said:

What has Holtby done to warrant the number 10 spot ahead of Rothwell?

For me Rothwell has something about him but we aren’t getting the best from him. However, he is forever being played anywhere but that second attacking spot.

Rothwell definitely has attributes but absolutely nothing at the end and has wasted his opportunities this season. Holtby obviously has the advantage of having proven himself far more in his career prior compared to Rothwell but in far less appearances this season I felt his general level of performance was far better and of course his end product.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Dack is an upgrade on anyone, even Holtby who will be a very good stop gap until next winter. Theres no point losing sight of the fact that hes our best player and biggest goal threat and we wouldnt have to change formation or style to put him back in.

Rothwell definitely has attributes but absolutely nothing at the end and has wasted his opportunities this season. Holtby obviously has the advantage of having proven himself far more in his career prior compared to Rothwell but in far less appearances this season I felt his general level of performance was far better and of course his end product.

Personally I’ve been less than impressed with Holtby.

We don’t need Dack and Rothwell and Holtby so my guess is Holtby was Dack’s replacement 

• Moderation Lead

If Dack’s fit and he’s staying, which some seem to think he won’t be above, then he plays. 
He’s our best player and we need to continue to build the team around him. 
Nothing has changed since he’s been out injured in that regard, for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Cos under me, he would be a key player for us. I didn't say what formation I would be playing did I? But I would be more incline to be flexible in formation and not just have 1 single formation but have us playing 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 formations. 

I don't see Dack staying long here after his injury is sorted and he back fit. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos under me, he would be a key player for us. I didn't say what formation I would be playing did I? But I would be more incline to be flexible in formation and not just have 1 single formation but have us playing 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 formations. 

I don't see Dack staying long here after his injury is sorted and he back fit. 

He hasnt shown anything suggest that he has what it takes to be a key player. Lets hope he starts contributing soon. 

• Like 1

So when is Dack going, @J*B?

Won’t be this summer, unless someone is happy to spend big money on a player out for months with a cruciate, so with his contract up in summer 2021, he’s going for a pittance in January 2021, or for free that summer, you believe?