BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Derby County (A) - Sunday 8th March [3pm KO]

So, somehow still only three points from sixth despite a pretty dire week. A nice goal difference compared to Bristol City to. Surprisingly, this still isn't over, and we still have at least a small chance of doing something special, something unthinkable, this season.

A trip to Derby this weekend, where we've had mixed results over the years. We scraped a 1-0 win at home with an Adam Armstrong rocket, in a very boring encounter not too dissimilar to the Stoke City game Wednesday night.

• What team would you start?
  • Does Gallagher's goal earn him a place in your ideal XI?
  • Did we lack a John Buckley at times on Wednesday and Saturday?
  • Score prediction and goal scorers

I'd probably like to see:

Walton
Bennett Nyambe Tosin Bell
Travis Johnson
Rothwell Buckley Downing
Armstrong

We'll know exactly what we need with most teams playing Saturday. Bristol City face Fulham which is good, means a great opportunity to take 7th place as ours with a win.

Derby County 1-1 Blackburn Rovers
(Lawrence 20') - (Downing 44')

16 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I'd probably like to see:

Walton
Bennett Nyambe Tosin Bell
Travis Johnson
Rothwell Buckley Downing
Armstrong

We'll know exactly what we need with most teams playing Saturday. Bristol City face Fulham which is good, means a great opportunity to take 7th place as ours with a win.

Derby County 1-1 Blackburn Rovers
(Lawrence 20') - (Downing 44')

You'd like to see Bennett at right back? ?

Why? Even on Saturday he was culpable,  why do people on here keep putting him in their team???

Tom Lawrence will slaughter him...do you not see that?

Edited by Sparks Rover

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You'd like to see Bennett at right back?

Yup. It's better than having Charlie Mulgrew at Centre-Back who's an EVEN BIGGER liability...

7 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Is that it? We have no other options??? Give over. Bennett is our worst player

Tell me another option? Seriously?

You have Mulgrew or Carter for CB
OR
Bennett at RB

I know which I'd rather have. Mulgrew is appalling and lead to so many goals given away last season.

Walton

Nyambe Adarabioyo Williams Bell

Travis Johnson

Downing Brereton Armstrong

Gallagher

Subs: Hilton, Bennett, Davenport, Rothwell, Buckley, Chapman, Graham

Graham or Samuel a judgement call but need more of a balance on the bench.

Brereton has to start to at least have the chance to build on his impressive cameo as a 10 and Gallagher scored as a 9 so deserves another go there.

Williams is back training from today according to Mowbray so he slips in for Bennett and Nyambe back to his best position.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Walton

Travis Johnson

Gallagher

Brereton has to start to at least have the chance to build on his impressive cameo as a 10 and Gallagher scored as a 9 so deserves another go there.

Williams is back training from today according to Mowbray so he slips in for Bennett and Nyambe back to his best position.

I'm not a fan of Del, but at CH he's just about more palatable than the awful Bennett.  The fact that he's a captain says everything about us at the moment.

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'm not a fan of Del, but at CH he's just about more palatable than the awful Bennett.  The fact that he's a captain says everything about us at the moment.

I think Bennett will play just to give him the armband especially in the absence of Lenihan. Id give it to Downing or Travis.

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Walton

Travis Johnson

Gallagher

Ya,I would go with that team. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'd play a 3 at the back, and have Bennett no where near the team.

Nyambe Johnson Toisin back 3

I'm personally delighted you're not the team manager then. Bennett may be the poorest RB we've got, but changing our entire system AND including a midfielder in the back three is preposterous. 

If Derrick Williams is fit then sure, I'd have him in over Bennett every day of the week. If not, there's probably no better option available than the one used vs Swansea, given just how many goals Charlie Mulgrew gives away when he plays.

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I'm personally delighted you're not the team manager then. Bennett may be the poorest RB we've got, but changing our entire system AND including a midfielder in the back three is preposterous. 

In your opinion.  Johnson has played CH before and I see that as a better option than crap Bennett.  Sorry my opinion differs to yours

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

In your opinion.  Johnson has played CH before and I see that as a better option than crap Bennett.  Sorry my opinion differs to yours

Don't apologise, you're obviously entitled to your opinion.

After taking 3 points out of the last 9 we need to take 20 points out of the next 30 to get in the mix of the top 6.

Not impossible but highly unlikely. Strangely, I feel more upbeat about Derby away than the last 2 home games.

Tom Lawrence will inevitably score against us but I'd go with the team that played at Charlton and Brentford with Williams in if he is fit for Lenihan and possibly Gallagher in for Samuel.  

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

After taking 3 points out of the last 9 we need to take 20 points out of the next 30 to get in the mix of the top 6.

Or just get in the top 6.

‘Get in the mix of the top 6’, is that the Queen’s English, James? ^_^

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm not Bennetts biggest fan, but I don't think Johnson is quick enough. 

Doesn't matter really, Waghorn plays with his back to goal.  Johnson is a good footballer of great experience.  I'd certainly try him, because I know exactly what will happen if Bennett is in there v Tom Lawrence....has to be Ryan playing right back at Derby, has to be.  Flood the midfield with 3 in the middle and go from there....Armstrong on his own to start the game.

I'm confident that it would work and keep us strong at right back.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1