BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Derby County (A) - Sunday 8th March [3pm KO]

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Doesn't matter really, Waghorn plays with his back to goal.  Johnson is a good footballer of great experience.  I'd certainly try him, because I know exactly what will happen if Bennett is in there v Tom Lawrence....has to be Ryan playing right back at Derby, has to be.  Flood the midfield with 3 in the middle and go from there....Armstrong on his own to start the game.

I'm confident that it would work and keep us strong at right back.

I would put Williams in if fit. I think we will need Johnson in CM. Nyambe at RB would be ideal...

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Has Johnson ever played at centre back? I found it a little strange that people were suggesting that he would on Saturday should either Nyambe or Adarabioyo get injured as I presumed Travis who did fill in at centre back away at West Brom last season.

Your post emphasises the unfathomable decision not to include Carter on the bench in Saturday. Should there have been an injury to Nyambe or Tosin on Saturday just who would have dropped into centre back. Carter was deemed able enough to be on the bench at Charlton and Brentford but not at home to Swansea. Instead we had a plethora of attacking players which, in my book left us really vulnerable.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why put our best striker wide left @roversfan99?

Hes been very quiet in this last couple of games but mainly because Brereton deserves a go in the 10, wouldnt be displeased to see Armstrong as the 9 and Rothwell wide left but personally went for Gallagher because he deserves another shot after scoring. Armstrong is very comfortable from wide, our other strikers very much arent.

Another more pedantic answer I could have given you is that Armstrong isnt wide left, hes an inside forward ?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Has Johnson ever played at centre back? I found it a little strange that people were suggesting that he would on Saturday should either Nyambe or Adarabioyo get injured as I presumed Travis who did fill in at centre back away at West Brom last season.

Comes to summat that we are arguing about the least shit option.....well done Mowbray!!?

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hes been very quiet in this last couple of games but mainly because Brereton deserves a go in the 10, wouldnt be displeased to see Armstrong as the 9 and Rothwell wide left but personally went for Gallagher because he deserves another shot after scoring. Armstrong is very comfortable from wide, our other strikers very much arent.

Another more pedantic answer I could have given you is that Armstrong isnt wide left, hes an inside forward ?

Blimey he been quiet for 2 games. And before that he scored 2 goals against Brentford away. 

Armstrong is a striker. He stepped up the plate and produce where as Gallagher, Samuel, Graham and Brereton hasn't produce Armstrong scoring and assist stats since Mowbray moved him up front

The thought of bennett keeping his place at RB makes me feel ill! Not only is he absolute garbage these days, it also removed one of our main attacking threats by putting Nyambe at CB. Id rather have a dodgy CB for a game than Bennett. Haven't Travis and Rankin Costello both played right back a lot for the U23s?

Walton

Nyambe Tosin Mulgrew Bell

Travis Johnson

JRC                              Rothwell

Armstrong Gallagher

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, benhben said:

The thought of bennett keeping his place at RB makes me feel ill! Not only is he absolute garbage these days, it also removed one of our main attacking threats by putting Nyambe at CB. Id rather have a dodgy CB for a game than Bennett. Haven't Travis and Rankin Costello both played right back a lot for the U23s?

Walton

Nyambe Tosin Mulgrew Bell

Travis Johnson

JRC                              Rothwell

Armstrong Gallagher

I take your points,but Mulgrew there gives me a panic attack. 

Him and Tosin would be Shite. 

I presumed this was moved for Sky, but now realise it is on Sunday because of Derby's Thursday night involvement in the FA Cup.

If Williams is fit I'd play him and move Nyambe back to right back.

Edited by Hasta

10 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I presumed this was moved for Sky, but now realise it is on Sunday because of Derby's Thursday night involvement in the FA Cup.

If Williams is fit I'd play him and move Nyambe back to right back.

Presumably available on iFollow in video format for UK Viewers though as it's not Saturday 3pm kick off? Hoping that's the case anyway!

23 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Presumably available on iFollow in video format for UK Viewers though as it's not Saturday 3pm kick off? Hoping that's the case anyway!

Because it's not a "scheduled" midweek game, the home club has the option whether to show it on ifollow/red button or not.

I suspect they won't.

Walton

Nyambe  Carter  Tosin Downing

Travis Johnson

Chapman Rothwell Armstrong

Gallagher

If Williams isn't fit, I'd rather play a rookie than accommodate Bennett.

Need a team that can play on the break. Chapman and Armstrong would give us width and directness.  

Prefer Downing's experience and composure at LB rather than Bell. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amo said:

Walton

Nyambe  Carter  Tosin Downing

Travis Johnson

Chapman Rothwell Armstrong

Gallagher

If Williams isn't fit, I'd rather play a rookie than accommodate Bennett.

Need a team that can play on the break. Chapman and Armstrong would give us width and directness.  

Prefer Downing's experience and composure at LB rather than Bell. 

2 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

LINEUP111582999861384.png

Surely Brereton deserves another go in the number 10 role following his cameo at the weekend? And surely we have learnt that Brereton, just like Gallagher and Samuel, are about as much wide men as Walton is!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Surely Brereton deserves another go in the number 10 role following his cameo at the weekend? And surely we have learnt that Brereton, just like Gallagher and Samuel, are about as much wide men as Walton is!

For me the 3 attackers would alternate positions and all play quite central. The width comes from Nyambe and Bell with the 3 central midfielders able to cover at full back if one of them goes marauding down the wing. 

15 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

For me the 3 attackers would alternate positions and all play quite central. The width comes from Nyambe and Bell with the 3 central midfielders able to cover at full back if one of them goes marauding down the wing. 

Weve seen numerous times that the 3 strikers I mention cannot operate from wide positions but that would mean at least one of Brereton and Gallagher is out wide at all times. And Nyambe and Bell between them have contributed 1 assist, Nyambe from centre back on Saturday!

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

tony really does`nt like genuine wingers does he,maybe he sees them as undisciplined and a bit renegade,they do however offer you width and the ability to get to the byeline,all he needs to say to chapman and whoever is on the the other side is "if you don`t track back and help out the fullback,i`ll kick your a**e up and down brockhall" pretty sure they`de get the message,mowbray was well hard in his playing days,bet he`s still well handy in a fight or dishing out a rollicking

• Like 1

We need a win. We aren't going to move upwards by drawing or losing and hoping our rivals all drop points.

Sooner or later we need to make up the ground. We've wasted 3 good opportunities in the last week to do so, and now the requirement is to do it away from home at a ground not many teams win at. 

A draw is a good result if you are happy with a mid table finish. If you want promotion then 0 wins in 4 games isnt good enough. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We need a win. We aren't going to move upwards by drawing or losing and hoping our rivals all drop points.

Sooner or later we need to make up the ground. We've wasted 3 good opportunities in the last week to do so, and now the requirement is to do it away from home at a ground not many teams win at. 

A draw is a good result if you are happy with a mid table finish. If you want promotion then 0 wins in 4 games isnt good enough. 

We could win it. I reckon a hammering off United Thursday would help too. Either way, a game for them them potentially gives us a bit of an advantage. 

0 in 4 would certainly be bad,but it's still all to play for.