BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Derby County (A) - Sunday 8th March [3pm KO]

9 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Yes , saw it a few days ago not long after they opened that morning, since then when I've popped into the supermarket (two different ones at around 6pm) the shelves have been bare

Shelves can go bare just from people buying a bit more than usual, or earlier than usual. Or a handful of loons. They're big items that take up a lot of space, so it stands out more too. Can't find hand sanitiser anywhere, but you don't notice it unless you're looking for some, as it's a much smaller item.

But if you've seen people stocking whole trolleys of it, fair enough. Those people are morons. I can understand buying enough to last you a month or so (I don't have a family, so storing that amount for just me is easy) in case there are stocking issues after towns get locked down, but to buy insane amounts of it and forget that you need food in order to shit...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Travis can easily do a job on Wazza.

As for the whole Corona debacle, went to asda earlier to get my missus some paracetamol and ibuprofen after giving birth yesterday and the shelves were completely bare. You dickheads. 

Congratulations anyway!

• Like 2

On 06/03/2020 at 13:23, simongarnerisgod said:

seems his new mantra is to foul every single player of the opposition,he was litterally having a hack at anybody on thursday night,he`s going to clash with travis or johnson  at some point as he plays deeper these days?

We all know who will be protected and who will be getting the yellow or red cards don't we.

6 hours ago, Ossydave said:

As for the whole Corona debacle, went to asda earlier to get my missus some paracetamol and ibuprofen after giving birth yesterday and the shelves were completely bare. You dickheads. 

Congratulations to you both, same thing happened to us following the birth of our little man last week. ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Congratulations!!?

Haha, I have 2 young daughters and a crazy dog Matty, no serenity here hence why I'm awake at this stupid time!

I did look for an emoji of a man holding a baby, but there was none to be seen which is surprising in this day & age.  I guess I should be offended; who do I complain to, there must be somone?!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Madon said:

Imagine us getting to the play off final and it being played behind closed doors! Devastating!

That scenario would just be the Venkys version of Rovers all over. The first crumb of positivity ruined by insane mass panic nanny state policies. 

Congratulations @Ossydave hope you’ve had a bit of sleep ready for the big game pal!

First time I’ve felt nervous today. As I’ve said before, my gut has been telling me that we’d prob just miss out by a point or two. But I’m just getting a feeling that things are aligning with the poor form of others and the games we have left to play which I think are right in our slot. We want to play high up and beat people on the transition. We don’t like it when people sit in on us and I can’t see any of the top teams coming to Ewood doing that because they’ll all want to win. An added bonus to the away fixtures is that most are played against weak teams who have something to play for (avoiding relegation etc) so they will come at us and the transition will come into play...I might be mad but I think only Reading at home has even the slightest possibility of someone sitting deep against us. Everyone else will have a go, and that’s where we’re most dangerous.

I’ve had this overwhelming feeling that we’re going to win all three games in the next gameweek (Bristol, Wigan, Barnsley) for a while. I’m not sure why but it’s really strong so I’m going with it. But with that in mind I’m thinking if we can nick it today and then win those games then we’re well in with a chance. 12 points from 4 games would make US that team who’d gone on a last minute dash and made it...Which makes this real to me for the first time! 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 3

Massive game today, but not just for us. If derby win they’ll fancy themselves to make the play offs so no doubt they’ll be up for it and they certainly have some quality players to make the difference. People forget they were playoff finalists last year. Will be a difficult game no doubt. 

However I feel this opportunity is too big for us to turn down. It will be the first time we have meaningfully been in the playoffs of the championship since we were relegated. Get the win and I will really believe we have a chance, but as any rovers know this is normally when we have nose bleed. Let’s hope we can break through it this time! Come on rovers! 

walton

nymabe Carter Tosin bell

johnson travis 

Brereton rothwell arma 

Gally

What a monster game this now is. The result could be anything given how unpredictable this division is.

Hopefully they're jaded after Thursday's exerts and missing Lawrence too. 

We need a fast, assertive, confident start. I reckon most of their fans will be thinking this is an easy 3 points (they shouldn't but they will) for them to kick start their own playoff push.

10 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Back to the game... Given the massive incentive to be able to go 7th if we can somehow get  points, I fully expect a meek and bafflingly inept performance leaving us in no doubt whatsoever what the real intent for this season has been all along.

More than happy to be eating humble pie tomorrow evening, but won't be stocking up on custard in anticipation.

COYB!

WelllitShowyIrishterrier.webp

My thoughts too , hopefully we will be proved wrong ..

• Backroom
9 hours ago, Madon said:

Imagine us getting to the play off final and it being played behind closed doors! Devastating!

I actually think the play off final should be behind closed doors.

This is nothing at all to do with me being on holiday and being bitter about missing out!

• Like 1

Our season certainly doesn't rest on this result, and news of two new Rovers fans certainly puts things into perspective, congratulations to the Yak and Ossy Dave.

This division, some posters call it poor, is probably the most exciting and competitive around, look at Forrest and the nobbers this weekend!

A win and expectation will go through the roof, defeat will bring a torrent of 'end of the world' predictions as usual.

I would take a draw now, Derby are a very good home team and there are still plenty of games left.

Of course I want a win (as always) and it really would be exciting to finally get into the top 6 at this stage of the season.

Come on Rovers, I never expected this team to be challenging for top 6 but, if we are there at 10 to 5 tonight then I'll be Rover the moon!!

• Like 2