BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Derby County (A) - Sunday 8th March [3pm KO]

I feel today is the day win this and the door is open for a play off push. We’re the best of the rest at the moment which doesn’t say much has everyone is inconsistent. My heart says yes experience says draw but it’s a while since we’ve had increasing excitement with a season. COYB

34 minutes ago, Doug said:

I would take a draw now, Derby are a very good home team and there are still plenty of games left.

They have a good home record. But going there happy to get a point is an issue.

We don't have plenty of games left. After today we are down to 9 - 27 points up for grabs. A draw today puts us on 54. We will need at least 20 points after that to get into the top 6.

Two very tough home games against the top 2.

Then away games to come against the relegation threatened sides and then against rivals in the pack Cardiff and Millwall.

All those games will be labelled tough and folk will settle for a point in them. But it won't be enough.

• Like 5

On the basis that we are never in the Top 6 and that, whenever we get within touching distance of it, we always bottle it, I'm predicting a loss.

A soft free-kick just outside the penalty area in the 85th minute taken by Rooney is my biggest nightmare.

Is it necessary for me to say I fervently hope I'm completely wrong and we win?

46 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Walton

Bennett   Nyambe  Tosin   Bell

Travis     Johnson

Brereton   Armstrong   Downing

Gallagher

Completely nullifies Armstrong's strengths. He needs to be up top,or inside forward. 

• Like 1

We can't keep relying on the teams around us to keep dropping points. Must win imo. Although have thought that for the last 2 and they haven't been. However games and chances to get into the top 6 are running out and for this week and game only it is fully in our hands. We HAVE to grab this opportunity as we won't get a better one to be in the driver's seat. Lots of teams are in the mix and whilst most seem to be imposing (ourselves included) the guarantee is that at least 1 or 2 will go on good runs so we cannot rely on other teams to falter, we have to do it ourselves. I suspect decent results won't be enough, we need good, strong results like winning today. 

Ordinarily I'd fancy us - a team that has played midweek, a team that will have to come at us. All things in our favour. However that defence of ours - it looks horribly weak to me and could cost us the win. Tosin is not as good without Lenihen and Nayambe in the middle is a huge miss at right back. Think this is what we will get though. 

Also Derby are amongst the teams I dislike the most from the 3rd party ownership of Rooney through to the handling of the car crash incident they are a dispicaeble club. Hope we stuff em on top of needing the 3 points. 

• Like 3

Is this the day we finally see a Brero goal? 

Feeling more confident about this one than Swansea and Stoke for some reason. I think they'll not be 100% both mentally and physically after a heavy loss to United in the FA Cup in mid-week. Their best player (Tom Lawrence) may miss out as well. 

Going for a 2-1 win for us. 

• Backroom

No Rooney is a huge plus for us

Not even on the bench 

The scumbag drink driving Lawrence also missing

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2