BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Derby County (A) - Sunday 8th March [3pm KO]

Thank goodness I didn't waste two hours of my life watching that on the 'red button'.

Had a text from a friend who is a Derby fan and at the match today.  Just couldn't believe how bad we were. 

There can be absolutely no excuses today.

We had extra preparation time and extra rest.  Derby also missing Rooney and Lawrence.

Think we bottled it.

IMO, the bottom line is that Mowbray can take us no further.  I honestly do not know what, if any, managerial strengths he has.  You are two nil down and he takes off his two biggest signings at some £25million including wages - IMO, what an absolutely terrible indictment of Mowbray's ability when it comes to  player trading.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 6

Shows how bad this league is...

Preston have lost 5 of there last 6 and are still clinging onto 6th place.

We have only won 4 out of our last 16 and are only 3 points behind them.

Awful.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 5

That was such a hard watch, bored shitless in second half knew we wouldn’t score. 

Brereton was useless, as was Gallagher and Bennett. Rothwell non existent first half and very sloppy second half. Thought Bell had a good first half.

Pure garbage today.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

and that is why he should be starting , if nothing else he knows how to rough up/soften defenders.

Regarding Bennet, would people be happy if he had told ToMo to F off when asked to play out of position at right back and just collect a wage for not playing for a season?

Yes because he wouldn’t be playing at right back or the team in general 

I’d get him to run our Twitter 

• Like 1

The "he puts in a good shift" defence thrown around for certain players is a bit tired. All for commitment but commitment allied with a lack of ability (Brereton, Gallagher, Bennett) is never going to amount to much. Squad needs a massive lift over the summer but the sad fact is we'll still be stuck with 2 dead weight strikers who will be shoehorned in somehow or another at the expense of us signing and playing any attackers of genuine ability. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Shows how bad this league is...

Preston have lost 5 of there last 6 and are still clinging onto 6th place.

We have only won 4 out of our last 16 and are only 3 points behind them.

Awful.

This.

2 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

This league is absolute muck. So many average players not just at Rovers. How are players like Bennett getting paid £000's a week, he's non league standard? And just imagine if by some miracle we scrape into the play offs and get promoted. We'd go to Anfield and lose 10-0. 

Your right in a way, I think we are a long way off being prem ready but I’d see us getting to the playoffs as a success. Not expecting us to go up but most teams need a few go’s at it before they win it. Just to be in the mix would be nice. 

Buckley challenge was a booking, he was late but at least he was trying to win the ball. Derby shitty players reaction was the reason he got sent off.

That Curtis Davies had his newspaper and pipe out all afternoon. We were pathetic.

16 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I usually agree with most of what you say but Walton is abysmal imo, he's turning into the new Jason Steele, the opposition only have to take a pot shot from 25 yards and in it goes.

Also I will be very surprised if this doesn't turn into another desperately disappointing season just like the last one, one point from four games..... we'll be hard pressed to match last year's tally of 60 points.

Walto struggles with low shots - either doesnt get down quickly enough or fails to hold them as today. Derby's shoot on sight policy suggests they knew he'd spill one sooner or later. Walton looks good dealing with top corner efforts but that's not enough at this level.

BIG BIG decision to come tomorrow.

Could be rest of season behind closed doors.

Here's hoping, or I have 4 home plus Wigan to suffer.

Come on Boris, do something for the North like you promised!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Can only see the Reading game where we will get another point this season.

Thank God we've got 53 in the bank already. I can see this end of season slide going into next season unless Mowbray wakes up and smells the coffee.

24 minutes ago, Yoogo said:

Somebody on here said they feel sorry for Paul Lambert. I feel sorry for the 1.5K or-so Rovers SUPPORTERS who paid £30 plus booking fee and expenses to witness that.

There's a pattern. When we dominate the first 15 minutes, we don't win. When will we start to play for 90 minutes instead of being "brilliant for the first quarter"? When will we have a good game after a relative period of rest?

Bennett was at fault for the penalty, although the wider blame for today's catastrophe falls well and truly at Mowbray's door. Our lack of recruitment in January is now costing us. Must do better this summer.

Even more so when the likes of Holtby who’s out can’t be arssed watching the lads and instead is in Dubai on a jolly. Whilst his team mates threw the towel in he was on the beach. 

We are truly a team in our managers own image dull, predictable and without much ability. 3 points from the play offs (a testament to how shite this division is) but might as well be 30 for the bottle jobs. 

Roll on next season for more of the same. Defenders are coming, we have a European scouting network, tough to do business, we go again, let’s see where we are in October, injuries have been unkind, no need to panic not unless people are panic buying choccy biccies then it’s panic stations. 

• Like 7

Not for the first time this season with the playoffs in sight we have again produced a feeble performances which once again show that where a top half finish the glass ceiling for the group of players and manager. 

Walton- Made a couple of decent saves but has to push to ball wide for the second goal, he made exactly the same mistake at Middlesbrough.

Bennett- Abysmal. How many more pathetic performances at full back until the manager realises that he is simply not up to it. We have one of the best right backs in the league but because the manager has fallen out with Mulgrew he has is playing centre back.

Nyambe- About the only one to emerge with any credit. 

Tosin- No way near as good as he thinks he is. He's an average at best Championship defender who is made to look better by Lenihan. If he thinks he's going to make it at Man City then he is dreaming. 

Bell- Just not good enough. The manager knows that hence why he signed Cunningham yet in January he failed to address the left back position.

Downing- Some decent crosses but he simply didn't have the legs against a young Derby midfield.

Travis- Very poor performance today got himself needlessly booked after getting a let off early on and was missing in action from then until he was subbed.

Rothwell- After a great end to last season, this season has still hasn't started. In fact he seems to be getting worse by the performance. Flattered to deceive would sum his Rovers career up.

Gallagher- Useless again. First half Downing got some decent crosses into the box and he was nowhere to been seen. Got into a good goal scoring position in the first half but his touch was awful. Also like Rothwell he offers no width.

Armstrong- To be honest I forgot that he was playing he was so non existent. Although it's noticeable how his and indeed the teams performances have dropped since Gallagher's return to the side.

Brereton- Oh dear. 

• Like 6