BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Derby County (A) - Sunday 8th March [3pm KO]

5 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

"I'm not sure the balance was right" says Mowbray, who felt #Rovers had one too many attack-minded players on the pitch as Derby exploited spaces in the middle of the pitch

https://t.co/34hr3dPKEI?amp=1  (Lancashire Telegraph)

Build up oppo  

Casually remind people of our injuries

Blames ref

But if I’m not mistaken he’s taken some personal accountability. Wonders never cease he’s slipping. 

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Need to reply to a post from Mashed Potatoes that was deleted.

He accused certain posters of posting once when we win and 15-20 times when we lose.

Absolutely correct. I probably come into that category at the moment. The reason is that Mowbray is NOT the man for the job and  a one or two streaky results doesn't change that. Yet some people still can't see it.

Form is temporary, class is permanent and all that.

Yes that would be me too- as Iv said in the past it’s always going to be a bigger post when frustration and opinions are to be expected in a loss rather than a happy yes we won post. 

mowbray isn’t the man for me, Iv been very consistent with it for years 

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

"I'm not sure the balance was right" says Mowbray, who felt #Rovers had one too many attack-minded players on the pitch as Derby exploited spaces in the middle of the pitch

https://t.co/34hr3dPKEI?amp=1  (Lancashire Telegraph)

The balance was wrong, no subs till an hour 

Care to explain the thought process behind that one?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Regarding Bennet, would people be happy if he had told ToMo to F off when asked to play out of position at right back and just collect a wage for not playing for a season?

Yes, I would be absolutely delighted. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

It took him an hour to work out that the balance was wrong.

Whilst I agree,, I do think we were better second half because we pressed higher and that resulted in their midfield runners having less room and we didn’t back off as much.

That said it was a woeful performance all round.

Lets put the blame on TM not Gallagher  he's  a young lad and needs to be played has a forward and Bennett  snaked his way back into the team so frustrating . If Venkys had any idea about football they would thank TM in the summer and get a new manager in

Three goals concede. Nyambe’s inexperience and lack of positional sense stood out for me, but that’s hardly his fault. Midfield outmanouvered all afternoon.  Derby midfield just doing the easy, simple things (Roghwell take note).

however, having said that, for me the main reason for this defeat was up front. Gallagher, Brereton are never ever going to be strikers. The ball didn’t stick up front at all, it just bounced back time after time. Any defence would be stretched under those circumstances. Armstrong looked like he had no idea how to play with those two.

• Like 2

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, den said:

Armstrong looked like he had no idea how to play with those two.

I was worried as soon as I saw Armstrong, Gallagher, Rothwell and Brereton all in the same line up. It should be a cause for excitement and optimism but I just felt dread as I couldn't see them working well together - and unfortunately that is how it went. We would have been better off with Johnson in CM and Downing playing with Armstrong and two of Gallagher/Graham/Brereton/Rothwell up top. Starting with four young, largely inconsistent attackers who have barely played together as a unit was asking for trouble.

I've been annoyed with Tony in the past for taking the safe option too often, but today his attacking choice was the opposite. A total risk that backfired massively when his big signings once again failed to deliver. The only consistency we got from TM was Bennett coming in at RB, and predictably the poor lad was targeted and made to look horrendous in that position for the hundredth time. 

Isn't it time someone at the LT asked what the situation is with Mulgrew? Or is that on a list of banned topics? 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Scotland1 said:

Even more so when the likes of Holtby who’s out can’t be arssed watching the lads and instead is in Dubai on a jolly. Whilst his team mates threw the towel in he was on the beach. 

Great spirit, all in it together.

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Isn't it time someone at the LT asked what the situation is with Mulgrew? Or is that on a list of banned topics? 

Yes, Mulgrew should have been in , Ryan in his rightful place and our balance would have been much better. Mowbray is prepared to feck promotion off for his petty little squabbles . Mowbray out!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Worst performance of the season on a day when we needed something.

Worrying TM can the these players motivated to win a game with so much on the line.

so frustrating. 

I thought a lot of them tried but that was an uncomfortable set up from the start.

Seen it so many times now.

• Backroom
Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Yes, Mulgrew should have been in , Ryan in his rightful place and our balance would have been much better. Mowbray is prepared to feck promotion off for his petty little squabbles . Mowbray out!

At the very least it's crazy that Mulgrew isn't even on the bench when we have literally no central defenders available. Something very strange going on there.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, stinny1 said:

Lets put the blame on TM not Gallagher  he's  a young lad and needs to be played has a forward and Bennett  snaked his way back into the team so frustrating . If Venkys had any idea about football they would thank TM in the summer and get a new manager in

He’s 25 in a few months time - he’s not a young lad. Even when he plays up front he’s terrible - he hasn’t the foggiest how to play the role which is why he very rarely scores. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3