BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Derby County (A) - Sunday 8th March [3pm KO]

What is frustrating as hell is that there was nothing new, no surprises today.

Under TM we go on winless runs that are relegation worthy. (Thank goodness our winning runs are promotion worthy. Sadly the winning runs are rendered impotent by the bad ones.) 

Bennett is not a right back. 

Nayambe is miles better at right back then in the centre. 

We didn't have enough defenders in the squad. 

Bell isn't good enough for first choice. 

Gally is not a wide player/wide forward whatsoever. 

Bereton isn't a player whatsoever. 

Travis can't do all the dirty work in midfield on his own. 

We need to play to the strengths of our best player (Armstrong) and for our game around him. 

What part of this is news or wasn't known in November? Heck most of it was known this time last year. And yet none of these issues has been addressed. That's sheer negligence. That's utter incompetence. You can't legislate for a ton of injuries or dodgy pens against you but all the above mentioned issues were redeemable. All could have been dealt with at numerous points in this season and last. To not do so, i.e. to keep doing the same thing, is the definition of madness. 

What's most galling is despite these idocies we have a handy team, a strong first 11 and just by eliminating the stupid, obvious, oft-repeated mistakes, we would be waltzing into the playoffs. 

Rant over. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, perthblue02 said:

"I'm not sure the balance was right" says Mowbray, who felt #Rovers had one too many attack-minded players on the pitch as Derby exploited spaces in the middle of the pitch

https://t.co/34hr3dPKEI?amp=1  (Lancashire Telegraph)

Did they just fall from the sky onto the pitch?

Does he not pick the team?

Did he not think to change that at any point during the first half or at half time?

Why do we have such an imbalance? Poor recruitment? Where does the book stop for that then?

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Need to reply to a post from Mashed Potatoes that was deleted.

He accused certain posters of posting once when we win and 15-20 times when we lose.

Absolutely correct. I probably come into that category at the moment. The reason is that Mowbray is NOT the man for the job and  a one or two streaky results doesn't change that. Yet some people still can't see it.

Form is temporary, class is permanent and all that.

Some people, particularly these folk who pop up just to defend the latest manager, need to realise that the first two letters in BRFCS stand for Blackburn Rovers.

We are here for the club no matter how many johnny-come-latelys they print flags for.

• Like 5

We had eight days preparation for this game. Derby had two. It is a disgrace how you can turn up to the biggest game of the season, another chance to get into the top six, what an incentive, and turn in such a dire, insipid performance. The away fans should be refunded. Why would you play that team and expect anything? Clearly Mulgrew has a contract clause activated with one more appearance otherwise he'd be in. Says everything about our small time operation. How many penalties is Bennett going to concede this season? How many have we conceded. Must be a lot.

• Like 5

So Mowbray says his team was unbalanced! You sent it out you buffoon. When you finally realise Bennett is a huge handicap you might change things for the better.

play off dream is just that, yes we have improved this season but it has come to a stuttering halt with yiur tinkering.

time for a change

Walton - downgrade on Raya, Has improved recently but should’ve done better with their second. Exposed today.

Bennett - Gave away an obligatory penalty. Poor fullback, far less worrying in more advanced positions. Too reliant on him due to our severely unbalanced squad.

Nyambe - plays centre half and is still expected to maraud down the right wing on his own. Hardly surprising he got caught out of position on occasion. Best right back in the league, took a third of the season for Bennett to be dropped and now he’s moved from there due to our ludicrous transfer policy.

Adarabioyo - linked with a £20 million move in this mornings rags. Halve that fee after that display. Not at the races, but in a makeshift defence, hardly surprising.

Bell - poor defensively when 1 on 1, but at least he tried to make things happen. Confused as to who was playing where did  that side at times.

Travis - off day, but I’d have preferred a blind, one legged Travis to some of the other jokers on that pitch today.

Downing - Covered several positions, but didn’t influence the game like he can. 

Rothwell - Mostly anonymous, otherwise ineffective. Can’t see him kicking on. Not good enough to be starting games. On at least two occasions he went and hid behind a defender rather than look for the ball off a throw.

Gallagher - huffed and puffed less than usual today. He’s not a kid any more, he was the 4th oldest player in our starting 11. At his best he’s bang average, and he was some way off that today.

Armstrong - I was happily eating my words regarding him as he looked unstoppable a few weeks ago. Recent changes in personnel and therefore his position have nullified him better than any opponent managed to. 

Brereton - Joke of a performance. Halfarsed, braindead, pitiful. At one point he “challenged” for a header... I swear if his shorts had had pockets his hands would’ve been in them. Waste of space, shouldn’t play again. He is a hindrance to the team. A zero out of 10 performance as I can’t think of a single good thing he did.

Subs: Half time was too late for changes, never mind 70 minutes.

Johnson - should’ve started

Graham - May be well past his best, but still far superior to Gallagher and Brereton. Never gonna be an impact sub.

Buckley - not seen the challenge back, thought a red may have been somewhat harsh, but a rash and daft tackle. Annoyed he will now face a ban as that increases the likelihood of some of those who played today retaining their shirt.

• Like 3

Just back from a hugely disappointing afternoon in which, once again Mowbray was trying to be far too clever. It was clear to everyone that his system and square pegs in round holes wasn't working after half an hour but he didn't do anything about it. I would have put money on changes at half time but nothing. His project signings were poor today as were several others and with one eye on next season it doesn't augur too well in my opinion. A mid table finish under Mr Average beckons now after the debacle today.

Well theres not many positives today is there.

Mulgrew is garbage I'm afraid and the result wouldn't have been any different so please don't clutch at them straws people.

Regardless of what people make of the players physical abilities I'm afraid this must now stretch further than that. When you keep screwing things up in a similar manner numerous times it definitely effects you mentally. None of us are overly surprised if we're honest, we just hope things are going to be different each time we get in this position, the outcome at present continues to be the same though.

Think back to Derby away last season, Armstrong up top on his own, it quite clearly wasn't working so he took Conway off after 30 minutes and bought Graham on, we grew into the game and got a decent point.

Today was the same, anyone watching could have told you it wasn't working after 20 minutes, yet no change until deep into the second half, why he didn't change it I don't know. Maybe he is thinking about that pension pot afterall.

I keep saying it, but 5pts won from losing positions all season.

To put things into perspective, we have only come from behind to win three times under Mowbray in over three years. (two of those in the third division)

We came from behind to win three times in 7 months under Coyle.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Great spirit, all in it together.

He’d be offloaded in the summer if it was me. They should all be in at brockhall tomorrow doing some running. Get all those injured suspended or not playing ie mulgrew and Smallwood in the stands for the next game too. Lets see how together they are

Edited by Scotland1
  • Like 1

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Mulgrew is garbage I'm afraid and the result wouldn't have been any different so please don't clutch at them straws people.

Whilst I agree Mulgrew is well below the standard required, it's still bizarre that even with a bench devoid of any defenders Mulgrew is nowhere to be seen. We're paying him a small fortune to do absolutely nothing and that should be something the manager is questioned about. 

• Like 8

Smallwood, he of the those agents, will have been paid a very nice wedge to do jack shit for an entire season soon. Just digest these things when we are told we can't afford certain players wages.

Rides are still being taken at this place, allowed to by the looks of it. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, DE. said:

Whilst I agree Mulgrew is well below the standard required, it's still bizarre that even with a bench devoid of any defenders Mulgrew is nowhere to be seen. We're paying him a small fortune to do absolutely nothing and that should be something the manager is questioned about. 

Oh aye something most certainly doesn't sit right with it at all, it's the most venky esque thing to happen for a while the Mulgrew situation. 

Rich Sharpe is adamant that theres nothing in the Mulgrew contract theory, but I'm guessing he has no idea and doesn't want to upset anybody again after that negative, horrible and scathing attack on Gallagher the other week.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's not money related. It's not because he's on 99 appearances, it's because him and Mowbray disagree. That's about the size of it. 

Presumably Mowbray wants to make sure Mulgrew leaves as quickly as possible in the summer and at no further cost.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Some people, particularly these folk who pop up just to defend the latest manager, need to realise that the first two letters in BRFCS stand for Blackburn Rovers.

We are here for the club no matter how many johnny-come-latelys they print flags for.

So what your saying is everyone has to agree with you or they are a Johnny come lately. 

I support the manager I dont think we are world beaters but I think we are so much better than before he came in.

Edited by Beanie01289
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Smallwood, he of the those agents, will have been paid a very nice wedge to do jack shit for an entire season soon. Just digest these things when we are told we can't afford certain players wages.

Rides are still being taken at this place, allowed to by the looks of it. 

Smallwood must either have the shittest agent in world football or simply have no desire to play at levels he believes are below him. If I was in his situation I'd 100% be demanding a move even if it did mean an inevitable pay cut.

• Backroom
Just now, Ossydave said:

Smallwood must either have the shittest agent in world football or simply have no desire to play at levels he believes are below him. If I was in his situation I'd 100% be demanding a move even if it did mean an inevitable pay cut.

I reckon he probably has a number of options available to him in the summer. Might already have agreed one - just didn't want to cut short what will likely be the largest contract of his career. I wouldn't have pegged Smallwood for that kind of player but the fact he chose not to move in the summer or January despite obviously not being in the manager's plans says it all.

• Like 2