BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Derby County (A) - Sunday 8th March [3pm KO]

24 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I thought it was obvious that Waggott was lying, I can't imagine he has any real power to do anything.

You don't really grasp the picture then. I would say the owners get a few sentences of an update every week, so ultimately he is in charge. It's illogical to suggest he has no power to do anything. It would involve a cover up between HR and Venkys for a start, along with numerous other parties. If you work in business or HR, you would understand it just doesn't work(or not in this case) as you suspect it does. 

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

All depends if things really have changed post Cheston/Coyle/Senior et al.

The intriguing figure is always that Suhail, the quintessential man in the shadows.

Is Pasha still on the scene? I haven't heard his name mentioned for ages.

33 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You don't really grasp the picture then. I would say the owners get a few sentences of an update every week, so ultimately he is in charge. It's illogical to suggest he has no power to do anything. It would involve a cover up between HR and Venkys for a start, along with numerous other parties. If you work in business or HR, you would understand it just doesn't work(or not in this case) as you suspect it does. 

Is he in charge though or is it Pasha?

44 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Poor poor performance. The manager was too slow in changing the personnel and far too many players had an off day.

Massive game week coming up. Anymore performances like Sunday and we’re done! 

When there is nothing to play for, we will become world beaters.  The players don't appear to have the belief in themselves or the bottle to see matches out. I'm still massively disappointed with that showing yesterday. It was incompetent on and off the field.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

All depends if things really have changed post Cheston/Coyle/Senior et al.

The intriguing figure is always that Suhail, the quintessential man in the shadows.

As always i suspect he's the fly in the ointment or however it can be described. He has power, he's in the middle, he's ex of those mentioned also.

And he probably knows naff all about football or players just investments and balance sheets, oh and chicken feed !

• Like 1

Today's meeting re football going behind closed doors at some stage within the next 14 days.

According to one present, the message was "carry on as you're doing for now but start to ready yourself".

One thing that emerged was how a "one size fits all" solution to this may be impractical.

While some leagues said they are desperate to complete their seasons to preserve the integrity of their competition, others expressed fears at the devastating financial impact that sacrificing matchday revenue would involve, and made clear their insurance policies would come nowhere near to covering such a blow.

• Moderation Lead
24 minutes ago, rigger said:

If it’s that obvious why make the statement in the first place 

Because the poster didn’t make it clear if they were suggesting replacing Rothwell with Dack just now, or when Dack is back.

29 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Because the poster didn’t make it clear if they were suggesting replacing Rothwell with Dack just now, or when Dack is back.

The question was, why wasn’t Rothwell playing in his best position, No 10. It was pointed out, that was Dacks position, hence he wasn’t picked in that position . As Dack is now not available, I think Rothwell should be picked at No 10.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rigger said:

The question was, why wasn’t Rothwell playing in his best position, No 10. It was pointed out, that was Dacks position, hence he wasn’t picked in that position . As Dack is now not available, I think Rothwell should be picked at No 10.

I've never seen Rothwell start as a 10 for us.

• Moderation Lead
36 minutes ago, rigger said:

I actually agree, in reality....

On 08/03/2020 at 11:57, RevidgeBlue said:

That'll be Buckley ostracized never to be seen again much like Travis was when he got a red early in his career.

Bennett got a couple of reds a season or two back and went straight back into the side when the suspension was up.

Have to disagree Rev, Buckley is a Mowbary sweetheart where as Travis threatened his "Mr Reed you have.to play like Smallwood and Evans" super midfield.  Big difference Buckley is on TM's favourite players list.

15 hours ago, jw_ said:

Well he may not be sure but I am, he has'nt had the balance right since he took over apart from one short spell that produced a good run. He couldn't have that though and reverted to form by unbalancing it again. He's chopped and changed so many times I don't believe the players even know what they are supposed to be doing.

A settled formation and style of play gives the players confidence and understanding in and of each other.

What we are seeing here is a manager desperately casting around overthinking the game and ultimately producing a disorganised bunch of individual players instead of a team.

Only balance Mowbary is familiar.with has to do with his bank.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Sorry. I know I am in danger of labouring this point, but we made a much better fist of it in the 80's.

Twice we missed out only on the last day and we were in the top 2/3 certainly up to Christmas on more than one occasion.

Under Venky's, I can't recall Rovers even entering the playoff positions for more than 10 minutes under Bowyer- and that it with shedloads of parachute and transfer fees received!

It feels pretty pointless. We are treading water ...and losing money!

Apart from all that, I agree with you!

You're right of course. The football in the 80's was much better for a start. But the ground was falling apart, the crowds were very low and you knew that if we found a good player, the likes of Everton would come sniffing. Not just players either---managers as well.

I got to thinking "what's the point of it all?" and now I'm back there.

That's really my 1980's comparison point. I didn't see a way out and then Jack appeared! No such luck now.

Nothing a decent prescription can't fix!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JoeH said:

3rd by a long chalk is taking the mick something rotten. This is a squad that would have to fight & struggle to finish 6th WITH a decent manager. We'll finish 9-12th under Mowbray because he isn't that manager, but to say this team should be looking to finish 3rd, easily, with a decent manager is baffling to me. 

A decent manager wouldnt have pissed away 12 million quid on two worthless strikers, rather investing in the areas of need.  So yeah a decent manager and the squad, not this squad, would be 3rd

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Poor poor performance. The manager was too slow in changing the personnel and far too many players had an off day.

Massive game week coming up. Anymore performances like Sunday and we’re done! 

So...you'd agree we are onto a must win game now?

2 hours ago, USABlue said:

Have to disagree Rev, Buckley is a Mowbary sweetheart where as Travis threatened his "Mr Reed you have.to play like Smallwood and Evans" super midfield.  Big difference Buckley is on TM's favourite players list.

Don’t quite get the angst I’m seeing towards Buckley around here. The boy was bursting his guy for the team on Sunday. The boy is absolute quality, and showed a new part of his game Sunday with athleticism and hustle. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Don’t quite get the angst I’m seeing towards Buckley around here. The boy was bursting his guy for the team on Sunday. The boy is absolute quality, and showed a new part of his game Sunday with athleticism and hustle. 

What he did was wreckless, unnecessary and irresponsible. His foul wasnt for the team.

6 minutes ago, Yoogo said:

Let's hope he learns his lesson, although it was extremely harsh to warrant a red. I vaguely recall Travis doing something similar at Portsmouth in our League One season... Memory might be incorrect, but I think he came on as a sub for his first team debut and made a stupid and horrendous challenge to get sent off!

The Travis example is a good comparison, another sign of wrecklessness and irresponsibility at a young age. He learnt his lesson and has shown maturity that Buckley can learn from.