BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Derby County (A) - Sunday 8th March [3pm KO]

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

So...you'd agree we are onto a must win game now?

In the literal sense, no. But we do need a win to get us going again and lift the team. A minimum of 5 wins needed out of 9 games just to be in with a shout.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Don’t quite get the angst I’m seeing towards Buckley around here. The boy was bursting his guy for the team on Sunday. The boy is absolute quality, and showed a new part of his game Sunday with athleticism and hustle. 

Yeah, when you play football you know how easy it is to get lost in the general atmosphere in the heat of the moment. You’re doing everything you can to get the ball back and show some fight and the line is very fine between brilliant and reckless. 

The man did what he could for his team, I’ll never fault him for that. Young players get red cards it’s all part and parcel of their development. Those that chastise him have probably never stepped foot on a field of play before and are Monday night football experts. 

• Like 3

• Backroom
10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The Travis example is a good comparison, another sign of wrecklessness and irresponsibility at a young age. He learnt his lesson and has shown maturity that Buckley can learn from.

Hopefully he doesn't get the same treatment Travis did for that misdemeanor! We barely saw him again until Smallwood's suspension at the end of Dec 18. 

• Like 1

• K-Hod unpinned this topic
19 hours ago, 47er said:

You're right of course. The football in the 80's was much better for a start. But the ground was falling apart, the crowds were very low and you knew that if we found a good player, the likes of Everton would come sniffing. Not just players either---managers as well.

I got to thinking "what's the point of it all?" and now I'm back there.

That's really my 1980's comparison point. I didn't see a way out and then Jack appeared! No such luck now.

Nothing a decent prescription can't fix!

Agreed.

I know I have a bee in my bonnet about "how bad it was in the 80's" and "our natural level etc"..and I am on a mission from God to challenge it.....on line lol

You are so right about our constant bereavement, as bigger clubs poached managers and players.

I was working in Burnley at the time they lost Coyle and they were gutted.(almost as gutted as I was when we appointed him!)

It was the first time they had experienced it!

With Furphy, Lee, Smith and Kendall Rovers fans had lost four good managers in a row. And it is a sign of the modern, foreign manager obsessed times that Dyche didn't leave long ago-for the likes of Everton, Leicester or Villa.

What's the point of it all indeed. I have come to think of Rovers fans, as characters in a Beckett play. We are all upside down in a barrel of Venky sh**, awaiting the next repeat cycle of pointlessness!

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

We are all upside down in a barrel of Venky sh**, awaiting the next repeat cycle of pointlessness!

You're a Rovers fan - There's no cure for that!

At least in the 80s the pointlessness belonged to us and we were proud to be part of it.

Edited by Crimpshrine

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

He’s 19! It was exuberant and immature at most. Part of a young mans learning journey. Let it go. 

Just because hes a young lad doesnt mean that it wasnt totally unnecessary and wreckless. Ive hardly said he should never play for the first team again and have agreed with the paralells drawn to Travis' red card at Portsmouth which was equally irresponsible.