Sign in to follow this  
JoeH

Derby County (A) - Sunday 8th March [3pm KO]

Somebody on here said they feel sorry for Paul Lambert. I feel sorry for the 1.5K or-so Rovers SUPPORTERS who paid £30 plus booking fee and expenses to witness that.

There's a pattern. When we dominate the first 15 minutes, we don't win. When will we start to play for 90 minutes instead of being "brilliant for the first quarter"? When will we have a good game after a relative period of rest?

Bennett was at fault for the penalty, although the wider blame for today's catastrophe falls well and truly at Mowbray's door. Our lack of recruitment in January is now costing us. Must do better this summer.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Special mention for Armstrong today, you’ll struggle to see a more lethargic performance from our supposed form man. Looked in the huff from the start.

Yep he was terrible - every second touch was a half-arsed attempt at a tackle. The performances from our 3 ‘forwards’ today were just horrific.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

1 minute ago, unsall said:

Hilarious some of these comments, obviously we had a bad day, also Derby a good home side, whatever happens we’ve had a decent season, Bristol at home, Wigan and Barnsley away, let’s see where we are then. Walton outstanding again after all the stick he’s had, but watching City goalie conceding a really soft goal against Utd, and these top goalies cost £50 mil plus. I personally think Walton is  better than Raya, Brereton struggling, just not working for him, Gallagher average, keep the faith still only 3 points off play offs.

I usually agree with most of what you say but Walton is abysmal imo, he's turning into the new Jason Steele, the opposition only have to take a pot shot from 25 yards and in it goes.

Also I will be very surprised if this doesn't turn into another desperately disappointing season just like the last one, one point from four games..... we'll be hard pressed to match last year's tally of 60 points.

1 minute ago, Fraserkirky said:

Special mention for Armstrong today, you’ll struggle to see a more lethargic performance from our supposed form man.

Last season he had a hot streak for a month within an otherwise poor season. This season his hot streak was longer and as a result his overall numbers are better but before that and even these last 3 games he has been his usual languid and ineffective self and I suspect that people got a little carrying away suggesting that we could struggle to hold on to him and that he can sufficiently cover the absence of Dack. Dack scores goals consistently, I think his biggest dry spell is 6 games.

2 minutes ago, Yoogo said:

Somebody on here said they feel sorry for Paul Lambert. I feel sorry for the 1.5K or-so Rovers SUPPORTERS who paid £30 plus booking fee and expenses to witness that.

There's a pattern. When we dominate the first 15 minutes, we don't win. When will we start to play for 90 minutes instead of being "brilliant for the first quarter"? When will we have a good game after a relative period of rest?

Bennett was at fault for the penalty, although the wider blame for today's catastrophe falls well and truly at Mowbray's door. Our lack of recruitment in January is now costing us. Must do better this summer.

Derby sat in for the first 15. We ran out of steam. It's not rocket science. 

We were asking for something special. 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I usually agree with most of what you say but Walton is abysmal imo, he's turning into the new Jason Steele, the opposition only have to take a pot shot from 25 yards and in it goes.

Also I will be very surprised if this doesn't turn into another desperately disappointing season just like the last one, one point from four games..... we'll be hard pressed to match last year's tally of 60 points.

Come on now,that's the wrong target. 

Another warning as K-Hod's seems to have been ignored in some quarters, baiting other posers rather than discussing the match will lead to a sin bin. 

Debating football related stuff, fine. Creating a post which only serves to antagonise is not fine. It's easy to understand. 

I'd say Walton was at fault for the second, relatively soft shot and he palmed it right into the path of their man. 

Posted (edited)

Thank goodness I didn't waste two hours of my life watching that on the 'red button'.

Had a text from a friend who is a Derby fan and at the match today.  Just couldn't believe how bad we were. 

There can be absolutely no excuses today.

We had extra preparation time and extra rest.  Derby also missing Rooney and Lawrence.

Think we bottled it.

IMO, the bottom line is that Mowbray can take us no further.  I honestly do not know what, if any, managerial strengths he has.  You are two nil down and he takes off his two biggest signings at some £25million including wages - IMO, what an absolutely terrible indictment of Mowbray's ability when it comes to  player trading.

Edited by Mercer

36 minutes ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

3-0, well, we go to 10th

Right! It should be 5 or 6 nil.  

Posted (edited)

Shows how bad this league is...

Preston have lost 5 of there last 6 and are still clinging onto 6th place.

We have only won 4 out of our last 16 and are only 3 points behind them.

Awful.

Edited by MarkBRFC

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Derby sat in for the first 15. We ran out of steam. It's not rocket science. 

We were asking for something special. 

Ran out of steam after the first 15 when Derby played on Thursday night and we last played over a week ago? Sorry, but that's nonsense. To get beat 3-0 at a canter when we have something precious to fight for is inexcusable.

That was such a hard watch, bored shitless in second half knew we wouldn’t score. 

Brereton was useless, as was Gallagher and Bennett. Rothwell non existent first half and very sloppy second half. Thought Bell had a good first half.

Pure garbage today.

This league is absolute muck. So many average players not just at Rovers. How are players like Bennett getting paid £000's a week, he's non league standard? And just imagine if by some miracle we scrape into the play offs and get promoted. We'd go to Anfield and lose 10-0. 

24 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

and that is why he should be starting , if nothing else he knows how to rough up/soften defenders.

Regarding Bennet, would people be happy if he had told ToMo to F off when asked to play out of position at right back and just collect a wage for not playing for a season?

Yes because he wouldn’t be playing at right back or the team in general 

I’d get him to run our Twitter 

Sponsor

The "he puts in a good shift" defence thrown around for certain players is a bit tired. All for commitment but commitment allied with a lack of ability (Brereton, Gallagher, Bennett) is never going to amount to much. Squad needs a massive lift over the summer but the sad fact is we'll still be stuck with 2 dead weight strikers who will be shoehorned in somehow or another at the expense of us signing and playing any attackers of genuine ability. 

25 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Er no

Do you think we have a valid point regarding the daft tactics and selections or that Bennett shouldn't be played at right back?  

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Shows how bad this league is...

Preston have lost 5 of there last 6 and are still clinging onto 6th place.

We have only won 4 out of our last 16 and are only 3 points behind them.

Awful.

This.

2 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

This league is absolute muck. So many average players not just at Rovers. How are players like Bennett getting paid £000's a week, he's non league standard? And just imagine if by some miracle we scrape into the play offs and get promoted. We'd go to Anfield and lose 10-0. 

Your right in a way, I think we are a long way off being prem ready but I’d see us getting to the playoffs as a success. Not expecting us to go up but most teams need a few go’s at it before they win it. Just to be in the mix would be nice. 

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Trying. Showing commitment. Showing he cares. 

Getting sent off for a terrible challenge and getting a 3 game ban is not showing commitment. 

Edited by Ewood Ace

Buckley challenge was a booking, he was late but at least he was trying to win the ball. Derby shitty players reaction was the reason he got sent off.

That Curtis Davies had his newspaper and pipe out all afternoon. We were pathetic.

16 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Walto struggles with low shots - either doesnt get down quickly enough or fails to hold them as today. Derby's shoot on sight policy suggests they knew he'd spill one sooner or later. Walton looks good dealing with top corner efforts but that's not enough at this level.

BIG BIG decision to come tomorrow.

Could be rest of season behind closed doors.

Here's hoping, or I have 4 home plus Wigan to suffer.

Come on Boris, do something for the North like you promised!!

I hope the Leeds game is behind closed doors to stick one up Waggott.

"Today's attendance 8500"