BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Derby County (A) - Sunday 8th March [3pm KO]

Derby are the only Championship team left in the FA Cup so we’ll likely see all 8 quarter finalists from the top flight.

No ‘Magic of the Cup’ this year. Wonder if this will become the norm as the rich PL teams who have no chance of the top 4 take it more seriously.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Derby are the only Championship team left in the FA Cup so we’ll likely see all 8 quarter finalists from the top flight.

No ‘Magic of the Cup’ this year. Wonder if this will become the norm as the rich PL teams who have no chance of the top 4 take it more seriously.

The magic of the cup, happens in earlier rounds 

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

Do they even have to take it more seriously though? It seems with the money and squads they have even mid table prem teams can make a lot of changes to their teams and still get through. 

I don't think we will be seeing a Chesterfield anytime soon, or even a Millwall. It's probably a distraction championship clubs with aspirations of making the play offs don't need. It's a pity. 

5 hours ago, philipl said:

Both teams wildly unpredictable. Will be watching the FA Cup tie tonight and hoping for an old fashioned bruiser, extra time and Derby to lose after 20 penalties so they get thoroughly chilled waiting for them all to be taken..

I think a trouncing with a couple of knocks would be best. Nothing serious,just enough to put them out for the weekend.

The good thing is with Rooney playing they will want to give this a right good go. Probably full strength. 

5 hours ago, Stuart said:

And once again City, United, Arsenal and Chelsea all kept apart in the quarter finals. Good for the tv companies.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

And once again City, United, Arsenal and Chelsea all kept apart in the quarter finals. Good for the tv companies.

How do we get more excitement back into a fast failing FA Cup interest,lets make sure the biggest teams left in it have the best chance to make the semi finals.

1 hour ago, Darrenbot said:

How do we get more excitement back into a fast failing FA Cup interest,lets make sure the biggest teams left in it have the best chance to make the semi finals.

How do we ensure the media giants continue to cough up millions for the rights. Must be tough when all the early rounds consist of reserve teams and clubs not taking it seriously. 

Won't be much interest from lucrative overseas markets if the usual big boys aren't there playing each other.

FA Cup ruined by the FA.

2 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

They are all away so wouldn't it be lovely to see Newcastle, Norwich, Sheffield United and Leicester in the semis? Newcastle to lose in the semis of course...

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

They don’t deserve success any more than any other set of fans. 
They seem to have left their days of being entitled behind them though.

Relegation will do that to a club.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

They haven't won anything since 1969. Yet still get 50,000 in the ground.

To be fair, I think their fans do deserve success.

They are one of 3 league clubs in the whole north east of England, and the only PL club in the region.

So of course they fill their ground.

Not sure why that means they ‘deserve’ anything. Are they more committed than a Rovers fan? No, there’s just more of them as an accident of geography.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Just now, K-Hod said:

They don’t deserve success any more than any other set of fans. 
They seem to have left their days of being entitled behind them though.

Relegation will do that to a club.

I disagree. I don't think there is any club that can match the loyalty of their supporters despite years and years of relative disappoitment.

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

They haven't won anything since 1969. Yet still get 50,000 in the ground.

To be fair, I think their fans do deserve success.

Why does a Newcastle fan deserve more than a Hartlepool fan? Because he comes from a big city rather than a small town?

I measure strength of support on ones loyalty, not on whether there's a lot of them

• Like 4

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

I disagree. I don't think there is any club that can match the loyalty of their supporters despite years and years of relative disappoitment.

Loyalty like when they were getting 15000 a week in the 80s?

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

They are loyal, mate.

They really are no more loyal than any other fan base, I don’t buy into this media narrative. 
Plus, as JH observed, they weren’t getting these current attendances in the ‘80s, which is always swept under the carpet....

• Like 2

Amazing how much folk just lap up Sky hyperbole.

50,000 Newcastle fans from a big city and a region with very few league clubs in it are loyal.

The 12,000 or so Rovers fans that have stuck by the club this past decade are loyal (small town, surrounded by professional football clubs, as many just in east Lancs as the whole north east of England).

The lower league fans that stick by their club instead of supporting glory clubs are loyal.

No individual club or fan deserves anything. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7