BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Credit where credit's due

10 minutes ago, Riverside under the drip said:

This is the kind of thing people have been asking for. Get them young and all that...

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/march/ewood-express-a-great-success/

I taught near Chatburn and that side of Clitheroe still has a sizeable Rovers contingent in my experience. Without attention though, plenty could be attracted to Burnley.

This is exactly the sort of thing that gets suggested on here a lot. So long may it continue and hopefully grow in scope.

• Like 1

new ticket offer will be made public soon

"We are also trying to encourage more of our match by match supporters to commit to the final four home games by making available a four match bundle, which in effect you pay for Bristol City and Leeds United and get West Bromwich Albion and our final home fixture against Reading free. Prices will be released soon"

from the link above

59 minutes ago, Riverside under the drip said:

This is the kind of thing people have been asking for. Get them young and all that...

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/march/ewood-express-a-great-success/

I taught near Chatburn and that side of Clitheroe still has a sizeable Rovers contingent in my experience. Without attention though, plenty could be attracted to Burnley.

Whilst I applaud the idea, cost is the factor I believe.  This is one of the more affluent areas of the Ribble Valley,  they should be doing this across all the primary schools in and around central blackburn (Asian areas and poor areas)and giving a very reduced price to get in for kids.  The bus could get round Blackburn at least 5 times before a game..

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Whilst I applaud the idea, cost is the factor I believe.  This is one of the more affluent areas of the Ribble Valley,  they should be doing this across all the primary schools in and around central blackburn (Asian areas and poor areas)and giving a very reduced price to get in for kids.  The bus could get round Blackburn at least 5 times before a game..

They did. I highlighted the Clitheroe bus as it's closer to my own experience. There is no particular reason why a kid there would choose Rovers unless family already went. Currently, Burnley are the club in the Premier League and there's always the glory hunting Liverpool/City approach. This is a way to get relatively affluent people who can afford the full kit and plenty of food & drink spending their money at Ewood. The article also references another bus picking up Asian children from around Blackburn. This is less likely to increase revenue in the short term but longer term we all know it is far more important. Reduced prices are often mentioned but Rovers always come back with "Don't want to revalue the product." or "Defeats the point of increased footfall." A little short-sighted IMHO.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Riverside under the drip said:

They did. I highlighted the Clitheroe bus as it's closer to my own experience. There is no particular reason why a kid there would choose Rovers unless family already went. Currently, Burnley are the club in the Premier League and there's always the glory hunting Liverpool/City approach. This is a way to get relatively affluent people who can afford the full kit and plenty of food & drink spending their money at Ewood. The article also references another bus picking up Asian children from around Blackburn. This is less likely to increase revenue in the short term but longer term we all know it is far more important. Reduced prices are often mentioned but Rovers always come back with "Don't want to revalue the product." or "Defeats the point of increased footfall." A little short-sighted IMHO.

There is no footage anywhere of anything but this bus from Moorland is Clitheroe,  who do already have a link up with the club. 

There should be a blue and white completely painted up bus knocking around Blackburn and darwen from midday with a telly on etc......

Oh, these are affluent people,  not stupid people. Have you seen the special offers on food and drink? That needs reducing too, pie for a pound etc....

Edited by Sparks Rover

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

There is no footage anywhere of anything but this bus from Moorland is Clitheroe,  who do already have a link up with the club. 

There should be a blue and white completely painted up bus knocking around Blackburn and darwen from midday with a telly on etc......

Oh, these are affluent people,  not stupid people. Have you seen the special offers on food and drink? That needs reducing too, pie for a pound etc....

I dread to think what kind of meat would be in a pie for a pound! 

• Like 5

Can't knock them when they actually try stuff, seems a decent idea.

Really need some attacking football with a bit of energy on the pitch though as if anything is likely to get them hooked it's something to cheer. So often these good deals end up falling flat on the pitch.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Come on man. The club can only do so much.  Dropping ticket prices is great. Now we expect to be picked up and dropped off. 

11 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

A pie for a pound? Did you advise Tony Mowbray in the transfer windows on what player's fees and wages should be these days?

17 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

They did go to Asian schools as lad behind me works in one and was waving across to the kids in the JW lower.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Fair play to whoever sorted that.

excellent from the club and positive steps forward to bringing the community together as well as improving rovers match day fan base and atmosphere.

lets hope it’s a success

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Fair play to whoever sorted that.

excellent from the club and positive steps forward to bringing the community together as well as improving rovers match day fan base and atmosphere.

lets hope it’s a success

Community lads. Chris McGrail is a good lad

• Like 1