BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City (H) - Saturday 14th March (3pm KO)

16 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

So the game does matter then, yeah?

I could be forgiven for assuming that comment meant the result didn't matter and our season was over, given the general theme of posts on here since Sunday. 

They don't "not matter", there's just less obvious pressure. HUGE difference. I agree with the latter, not the former.

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

If someone advised them that they'd potentially turn a profit on them they'd have them installed.

This hand-drier is only 19. It's had multiple matches in the England Youth Toilet Set-Up down at St George's park! For just £5m now, we think this hand-dryer could stagnate in your first team toilet for a good few seasons!!!

14 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Or these are exceptional circumstances that need to be tackled?

As much as I love Rovers and going to the games, I’d take a few postponements over a further spread of the virus....
Sometimes we have to lose out on things we love for the greater good. 

Well Italy stop fans attending the Seria A games? Hasn't stop further spread of the virus did it? 

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

You the Chief Medical Officer now?

Matty again with the sly sarcasm. ?

Edited by chaddyrovers

Chaddy think of it like this....

you contract the virus in the BBE from some fan with no symptoms who was working in country X a week before.

you have no symptoms for 7 days but in the meantime pass it to your parents and then one of them dies whilst you recover.

You also pass it to your kids who never show symptoms but pass it to the rest of the school who pass it to their families and Accrington has several deaths as a result.

All because of that guy in the BBE with no symptoms.

• Like 8

• Backroom
3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would be over reaction in my opinion.

Ok so genuinely explain why you think that, taking out any emotion and personal desire to attend the game.

What would be your plan to contain and prevent the spread of this pandemic?

• Backroom
52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well Italy stop fans attending the Seria A games? Hasn't stop further spread of the virus did it? 

How do you know it hasn’t slowed the spread? Could have been far worse without the ban

The spread is coming, the plan is to flatten out the rate of it and give the NHS a chance 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

It's simply called accommodating your 5 million pound marquee signing. The lad will graft so he doubles up on that side, perhaps they should try him in the centre of defence they might strike lucky !

He'd have to learn there's more to heading the ball than just getting your head to it first.

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nothing sly about it. You are quite literally saying you think millions of people should  be allowed to be put at risk of infection of an unknown illness.

Think of others, rather than your need to be at Ewood.

I assume if Boris (quite acceptably) locked the UK down like Italy you'd sing his praises, contrary to your opinion here?

• Like 4

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Why would you choose to put Sam Gallagher on the wing? I dont get after seeing him there on numerous occasions and be totally ineffective every time without fail how youd come to that conclusion?

12 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

How can anyone suggest Gallagher on the wing. I genuinely want to hear the rationale

For me

He plays up front or he doesn't play I think most would agree on that surely?

Not my team but predicted line up. No chance of seeing my preferred starting XI with Davenport & Chapman in there...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bazza said:

If Waggot improved the match-day experience on the Riverside for supporters he might find more people going on.

For example we've spoken about the toilet facilities which need upgrading as far as possible under the circumstances. Other matters are:-

TV screens at the rear to show what the big screen shows all the time.

Food and drink to improve and be reasonably priced.

The rear fire escape exit to be re-instated and made available for normal exit as it used to be. If the fire escape is deemed to be unsafe, then they are contravening the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.

Possible hot air blowers to put some warmth into the top rear passage.

Finally, sorry for hijacking the Bristol City match thread. 

The Stand needs flattening full stop,it's decrepit.

Anyway....1-1. In front of a free ticket boosted 14,500

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

46 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

My absolute worse nightmare.

Safety must come first before money

I'm 71 on Saturday ( PM me if you want to send me gifts, cards, money etc ) and I get the impression that there are plenty of other people around my age on this site. I would have thought there are plenty at Ewood on match days as well. We don't want to lose any of our long time supporters so let's be sensible about this matter.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm 71 on Saturday ( PM me if you want to send me gifts, cards, money etc ) and I get the impression that there are plenty of other people around my age on this site. I would have thought there are plenty at Ewood on match days as well. We don't want to lose any of our long time supporters so let's be sensible about this matter.

Out of interest, will you be attending the game?

Happy Birthday in advance!! ?

Have to agree with chaddy for once, to say there has been an over reaction to the corona virus issue is the understatement of all understatements.

For the vast majority of people the symptoms are relatively mild. How many people die of flu each year? Way more than Corona virus. Yet no -one seems to care or go running around putting people under house arrest or telling them  what they can or can't do because of that.

Are we now such snowflakes that we will have to go through this nonsense every year each time a new virus is discovered?

The encouragement all this must give to people whose motives are not pure is incalculable as well. If a relatively mild virus can bring the world to a halt and cripple the economy think of how much chaos they could cause if they were able to manufacture a more virulent type of virus. And we'd better not hope we need to fight any wars in the meantime. "Little Johnny can't come out to fight today, he might develop a sniffle."

Still, nothing we can do about it.If I thought we had any actual chance of making the play offs I'd be even more annoyed about the prospect of the game being played behind closed doors or cancelled.

19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Have to agree with chaddy for once, to say there has been an over reaction to the corona virus issue is the understatement of all understatements.

For the vast majority of people the symptoms are relatively mild. How many people die of flu each year? Way more than Corona virus. Yet no -one seems to care or go running around putting people under house arrest or telling them  what they can or can't do because of that.

Are we now such snowflakes that we will have to go through this nonsense every year each time a new virus is discovered?

The encouragement all this must give to people whose motives are not pure is incalculable as well. If a relatively mild virus can bring the world to a halt and cripple the economy think of how much chaos they could cause if they were able to manufacture a more virulent type of virus. And we'd better not hope we need to fight any wars in the meantime. "Little Johnny can't come out to fight today, he might develop a sniffle."

Still, nothing we can do about it.If I thought we had any actual chance of making the play offs I'd be even more annoyed about the prospect of the game being played behind closed doors or cancelled.

There is however a flu jab every year on offer. The problem with this is the projected infection rates 60-80% way more than flu! Death rate running in UK at 2% of those infected. Regular flu deaths annually in UK 10000 approx. If 60% of population get the virus that's 42million death rate of 2% is 840000 think about that.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You can't dismiss it so easily Rev. This is a serious global pandemic, and there's few signs of the infection rate slowing down. No one knows when it will peak or how many will ultimately die. Hence the progressing worldwide lockdown.

Football doesn't matter

• Like 1

All i can say is that if anyone is thinking of standing next to thousands of other people at a football match or wherever, good luck to ya. If you are youngish and healthy you will probably fine, its those you pass it on to that you should be worried about. 

• Like 6

• Backroom
45 minutes ago, Tom said:

Looks like Chaddy is safe, events not cancelled yet.

Just don’t go on cruises if you are over 70 and already ill, that’ll sort it 

That's Saga out of business!

• Backroom
24 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

All i can say is that if anyone is thinking of standing next to thousands of other people at a football match or wherever, good luck to ya. If you are youngish and healthy you will probably fine, its those you pass it on to that you should be worried about. 

☝️This guy gets it ☝️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

To quote Kenny Dalglish's response to Guy Havord of Radio Lancs:

"Are you a doctor now, all of a sudden?"