BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City (H) - Saturday 14th March (3pm KO)

10 hours ago, Tom said:

Ok so genuinely explain why you think that, taking out any emotion and personal desire to attend the game.

What would be your plan to contain and prevent the spread of this pandemic?

It’s natures way of stopping global warming 

• Backroom

So this weekend goes ahead as planned then will be reviewed next week.

Its a case of when and not if now surely 

Think I will likely be staying away Saturday 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

I am definitely staying away on Saturday. I hate walking across the lower concourse at the BBE on a good day.

I have Asthma and my wife has Bronchiectasis and, unlike the esteemed Prof. Chadd, I have a healthy dislike of this particular virus.

• Like 7

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, sabino said:

I am definitely staying away on Saturday. I hate walking across the lower concourse at the BBE on a good day.

I have Asthma and my wife has Bronchiectasis and, unlike the esteemed Prof. Chadd, I have a healthy dislike of this particular virus.

My wife is Asthmatic which is why I want to keep it as far away from us as possible

Andy Holt showing he understands people and offering the chance of pro rata refunds on season tickets if they wish to stay away, superb move  

• Like 2

Probably more dangerous in the pub than at an open air event. Darts match for me tonight so Saturday will seem a much less dangerous pass time. Could be the last chance to see us play the way things are going. 

11 hours ago, Tom said:

Ok so genuinely explain why you think that, taking out any emotion and personal desire to attend the game.

What would be your plan to contain and prevent the spread of this pandemic?

look at the what the chief scientific adviser and chief Medical officer said today. Plus the Prime Minister Johnson. Keep cleaning your hands. keep up high hygiene standards. 

only 5 cases in the whole of Lancashire. 

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

Nothing sly about it. You are quite literally saying you think millions of people should  be allowed to be put at risk of infection of an unknown illness.

Think of others, rather than your need to be at Ewood.

I assume if Boris (quite acceptably) locked the UK down like Italy you'd sing his praises, contrary to your opinion here?

Look at what the Chief Scientific Adviser Sir Patrick Vallance said in the press conference this evening

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Sports ban coming

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/51859553

Bristol City match could be Rovers' last until next season

look at what the Chief Scientific adviser Sir Patrick Vallance says cancelling sporting events is not a major way to tackle this epidemic. 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Very surprised to see the game go ahead, potentially a very risky decision. Will against my better judgement most likely attend but expect a crowd that is halved in size and expect this to be maybe the last game we can attend this season.

look what was said by the Chief Scientific advisor, cancelling sporting events is not a major way to tackle this epidemic. 

Let the science decide what is best 

I have always said carry on with your day to day lives as normal until you are told not to, but even I'm in two minds about making the trip up on Saturday.

I hate the thought of catching it and passing it on to someone elderly or vulnerable without even knowing it.

Part of me was hoping they would suspend the season for a bit whilst trying to get it under control.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Have to agree with chaddy for once, to say there has been an over reaction to the corona virus issue is the understatement of all understatements.

For the vast majority of people the symptoms are relatively mild. How many people die of flu each year? Way more than Corona virus. Yet no -one seems to care or go running around putting people under house arrest or telling them  what they can or can't do because of that.

Are we now such snowflakes that we will have to go through this nonsense every year each time a new virus is discovered?

The encouragement all this must give to people whose motives are not pure is incalculable as well. If a relatively mild virus can bring the world to a halt and cripple the economy think of how much chaos they could cause if they were able to manufacture a more virulent type of virus. And we'd better not hope we need to fight any wars in the meantime. "Little Johnny can't come out to fight today, he might develop a sniffle."

Still, nothing we can do about it.If I thought we had any actual chance of making the play offs I'd be even more annoyed about the prospect of the game being played behind closed doors or cancelled.

Flu is a known commodity. This virus is not. The death rate is higher than flu and poses a more profound risk. Simple.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

I hate the thought of catching it and passing it on to someone elderly or vulnerable without even knowing it.

Yes, well  done.

Thinking of others, unlike some selfish folk including the one who is never wrong

• Like 6

the govts of the world are not telling us the whole truth about this virus,why all the panic about a virus that does`nt appear to be that deadly(apart from people with underlying health issues, catching flu can be deadly to them as well)the sars and bird flu outbreak passed by without any panic whatsoever,i can only deduce they are hiding the true facts so as not to induce mass worldwide hysteria,which could be potentially just as deadly,i reckon we are all doomed

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

look what was said by the Chief Scientific advisor, cancelling sporting events is not a major way to tackle this epidemic. 

Let the science decide what is best 

The situation is very much day by day and ultimately no one knows for sure the best way to prepare for such a situation. It goes without saying that large gatherings with people in close proximity is a massive risk with an infectious disease spreading like wildfire. I suspect the crowd will be considerably down on Saturday and you have to say that those chosing to stay away are making a very understandable choice.

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

look at the what the chief scientific adviser and chief Medical officer said today. Plus the Prime Minister Johnson. Keep cleaning your hands. keep up high hygiene standards. 

only 5 cases in the whole of Lancashire. 

Look at what the Chief Scientific Adviser Sir Patrick Vallance said in the press conference this evening

look at what the Chief Scientific adviser Sir Patrick Vallance says cancelling sporting events is not a major way to tackle this epidemic. 

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do you think we should look at what was said by the chief scientific advisor? ?

Edited by Amo
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

The situation is very much day by day and ultimately no one knows for sure the best way to prepare for such a situation. It goes without saying that large gatherings with people in close proximity is a massive risk with an infectious disease spreading like wildfire. I suspect the crowd will be considerably down on Saturday and you have to say that those chosing to stay away are making a very understandable choice.

people have to make their own decision on what their own needs and views. 

Just for the record, there is only 5 cases in the entire of Lancashire and none in the Blackburn with Darwen area. Source is the ITV news website

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

people have to make their own decision on what their own needs and views. 

Just for the record, there is only 5 cases in the entire of Lancashire and none in the Blackburn with Darwen area. Source is the ITV news website

People wont be just travelling from Lancashire though. No chance that the rest of the season will be accesible for fans.

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Have to agree with chaddy for once, to say there has been an over reaction to the corona virus issue is the understatement of all understatements.

For the vast majority of people the symptoms are relatively mild. How many people die of flu each year? Way more than Corona virus. Yet no -one seems to care or go running around putting people under house arrest or telling them  what they can or can't do because of that.

Are we now such snowflakes that we will have to go through this nonsense every year each time a new virus is discovered?

The encouragement all this must give to people whose motives are not pure is incalculable as well. If a relatively mild virus can bring the world to a halt and cripple the economy think of how much chaos they could cause if they were able to manufacture a more virulent type of virus. And we'd better not hope we need to fight any wars in the meantime. "Little Johnny can't come out to fight today, he might develop a sniffle."

Still, nothing we can do about it.If I thought we had any actual chance of making the play offs I'd be even more annoyed about the prospect of the game being played behind closed doors or cancelled.

Well....

81DEA9AA-DA24-4F73-A538-5A95755DD8AF.jpeg

08512788-2A66-40B1-A67C-F74AFD97E34D.jpeg