BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City (H) - Saturday 14th March (3pm KO)

Just now, roversfan99 said:

People wont be just travelling from Lancashire though. No chance that the rest of the season will be accesible for fans.

The vast majority of Rovers fans are based in Lancashire. 

Let the government and science based decide which they will do. But look at the key part said by the CSA today about Sporting events

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

look what was said by the Chief Scientific advisor, cancelling sporting events is not a major way to tackle this epidemic. 

Let the science decide what is best 

7A78B229-2CC4-49F8-8F3F-9890E31FDD87.jpeg.9d6dae4b05548eca8d9edc31b5238a03.jpeg

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Let the government and science based decide which they will do. But look at the key part said by the CSA today about Sporting events

"Some people compare it to seasonal flu, alas that is not right. Owing to the lack of immunity, this disease is more dangerous.

"It is going to spread further and I must level with you, I must level with the British public, many more families are going to lose loved ones before their time."

Thats the key points I’m taking from what Johnson has to say. On first view it seems quite blasé, but it’s realistic. It’s spreading at a phenomenal rate, and while there might not be any confirmed cases in the Blackburn area yet it is an absolute certainty there will be before very long. 

I fully expect at some point I will have to cut social contact completely in the not too distant future (I’m on heavy duty immunosuppressants). In the meantime I will be giving football, gigs I have tickets to, gyms, pubs and restaurants a swerve. The big worry I have is that even when the “Government and science based” do decide to implement stronger preventative measures, plenty of people will suddenly decide not to pay any attention to them due to their own selfish sense of self importance.

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

people have to make their own decision on what their own needs and views. 

Just for the record, there is only 5 cases in the entire of Lancashire and none in the Blackburn with Darwen area. Source is the ITV news website

Yes, I have made my decision. I prefer my educated guess (to be safe early as the WHO recommend) to the 3 stooges on TVs guess (they are following the "many of our old will die" policy).

There are positives in South Ribble, Chorley and Bristol. You may find people attending from those areas. Again, just one of my guesses.

• Like 1

Please stay away guys! If not for your own health, but for your parents and grandparents. 

You are just one week behind rest of Europe, and will regret the public gatherings in a few days. I live in Norway where the country went into lockdown mode today. All schools and kindergardens closed for 2 weeks and I'm going to stay home with my kids while the wife needs to go to work in a pharmacy where there currently is mayhem. We had the same attitude as some of the guys here. It started only 10 days ago when a few people brought the virus back from Italy during winter break. Now it's everywhere and we don't have enough capacity in hospitals to deal with a larger outbreak.

As seen in Italy, if the outbreak overload the capacity you will see a death rate between 3-6%, while nations that has imposed strict bans will keep at 0.5-1%.

Yes it will mostly be deadly to the elderly and people with underlying problems, but in Italy 8% of hospitalized people are between 20-40 years old. Their patient 1 was a 38 year old athletic male with no problems, who currently has been intubated for 2 weeks if still alive. 

I pray that I'm wrong and overreacting, but I would regret not saying something.

Stay safe!

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

The only thing I want to do after reading this thread is to see what the Chief scientific advisor has to say.

They say what Johnson and the government tell them to say. It's a new government and they're petrified the economy will go into recession because of the virus - which it will

• Backroom

Guys I’m keen to hear from a government source, is there perhaps anyone I can listen to for advice?

Ps British science is the only science 

• Like 1

I think the main argument for cancelling or playing behind closed doors is about the stretch on emergency service rather than the threat to health.  That’s what the Scottish government are saying anyway after announcing that all events with over 500 people are being closed down from Monday.

22 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

If you have direct contact with anyone over the age of 60 then for their sake you have a responsibility to stay away. 

I won’t be going to the pub or any public place, except the shops and office, until we are advised otherwise. 

How are you getting to these shops and offices? Are you going to handle any money?

• Backroom
1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i think we`ll be playing wigan behind closed doors next week

Have you checked with the Chief Scientific Advisor?

• Like 3

Good way to get a capacity attendance (well ticket sale capacity ) for the remaining home games and get around ffp restrictions.

Venky's purchase 150,000 cv-19 test kits and cover the salary costs of people to do the testing at home games , plus 150,000 hand sanitiser 50ml , 150,000 toilet rolls and donate to Rovers.

Rovers offer free testing and 50ml sanitiser, toilet roll  with every ticket purchased (3 quid Waggot tax for arriving  only two hours before KO for tests.)  

Increase stock and sales of pies, snacks etc for all those hanging around the ground a couple of hours before kick off :)

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Alright mate, we heard you the first time ?