BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City (H) - Saturday 14th March (3pm KO)

16 minutes ago, Madon said:

Disappointing but to be expected. 

What the hell am I going to do with my weekends ?

Animal Crossing out soon ?

4 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Flies in the face of Government advice yesterday. Still we all recognise the EFL knows best! ???

Our Government is reacting dangerously slowly. Good on the EFL and EPL for this.

Edited by CD_93
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, briansol said:

Sorry you are very much misinformed. This virus is at least 10 times deadly as flu. A lot of carriers will not show symptoms and transmit it without knowing. If you get too many infected at the same time you hospital's system will be overloaded and over capacity. Hospitals will not be able to function as normal and you will see people dying from accident and all kinds of not virus related stuff because hospitals will not function properly...

In addition, people can carry it without knowing, suffer no symptoms and pass it on.

Avoiding crowded places is therefore the most sensible thing people can do.

• Like 4

Right decision, but the weekends are going to be boring as hell for the next month.

As an aside, I saw something on Twitter which made me laugh - some guy said despite this postponement, Elliott Bennett will still somehow get a game tomorrow.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Such is the level of over -reaction and hysteria regarding this virus it now seems likely matches will be postponed but I will still be disappointed when it happens.

Surely the best way to beat the virus is for the vast majority of the population to carry on as normal and if a decent chunk of the population contract the virus and are subsequently immune then that will be the best way to prevent the further spread. If everyone goes into hiding the practical effects on people's every day life and the economy are exactly the same as if they had contracted the virus with the exception that when everyone emerges from hibernation the chances of infection are exactly the same.

For anyone who's in a vulnerable category due to age or underlying ill health then it would make sense to self isolate but this is no different really to any other illness in that respect, you wouldn't visit an elderly relative if you had a bad cold or flu either.

Except people, young and old, are hospitalised by this virus.

It may not kill the young, but it still knocks them for 6. Our health service doesn't have the capacity to handle that number of hospital admissions - which is when you get a lot of people dying, like in Italy.

If we stop giving it an easy method of transferring host - like packing 14K+ people into a stadium, we can manage the outbreak.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

The government are actually doing this right. I did a couple of years of research in the epidemiology lab and can tell you that mass cancellations now are not the best thing to do. You want to introduce them later on. Not in the initial stages

Debatable. No matter what you studied, this is uncharted territory in reality.

I get what you are saying, but if people do what they are told, I'm not sure you can do the right things too early  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Except people, young and old, are hospitalised by this virus.

It may not kill the young, but it still knocks them for 6. Our health service doesn't have the capacity to handle that number of hospital admissions - which is when you get a lot of people dying, like in Italy.

If we stop giving it an easy method of transferring host - like packing 14K+ people into a stadium, we can manage the outbreak.

If we aren't careful we'll find ourselves in a situation were doctors will have to be choosing who will live and who will die. " Put the over 70's outside, they've had a good run ".

1961-62 season we played 9 games between April 7th and April 28th !  7th,10th,14th,17th, 20th, 21st, 23rd, 26th, 28th. The next season , 1962-63 - the " Big Freeze "  season we played 8 games in April and 4 in May.

I'm looking on the bright side. At least the players can't spoil our weekend !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

17 minutes ago, Dan said:

Maybe we could all watch an old match at 3pm tomorrow? 

my vote goes for that one at Anfield. I’m sure I’ve got in on VHS somewhere! 

No we want a realistic we are were we are event

We can all buy a airfix plane kit, stick the front bits on the wings, the middle bits on the left and right tail section etc and throw the main pilot (captain) under the table after we have just started

and for the pre and post match interview i.e tale of woe with a  North east accent , we can watch an old episode of when the boat comes in :)

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, perthblue02 said:

No we want a realistic we are were we are event

We can all buy a airfix plane kit, stick the front bits on the wings, the middle bits on the left and right tail section etc and throw the main pilot (captain) under the table after we have just started

and for the pre and post match interview i.e tale of woe with a  North east accent , we can watch an old episode of when the boat comes :)

….. and fix a model of Gallagher onto the right wing.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

What is Waggott going to do with all those pies and Fosters ?

Pour the Fosters away, it’s all it’s good for! Deliver the pies to my house. I’ll find comfort in carbs.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 04:27, OldEwoodBlue said:

Chaddy think of it like this....

you contract the virus in the BBE from some fan with no symptoms who was working in country X a week before.

you have no symptoms for 7 days but in the meantime pass it to your parents and then one of them dies whilst you recover.

You also pass it to your kids who never show symptoms but pass it to the rest of the school who pass it to their families and Accrington has several deaths as a result.

All because of that guy in the BBE with no symptoms.

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Such is the level of over -reaction and hysteria regarding this virus it now seems likely matches will be postponed but I will still be disappointed when it happens.

Surely the best way to beat the virus is for the vast majority of the population to carry on as normal and if a decent chunk of the population contract the virus and are subsequently immune then that will be the best way to prevent the further spread. If everyone goes into hiding the practical effects on people's every day life and the economy are exactly the same as if they had contracted the virus with the exception that when everyone emerges from hibernation the chances of infection are exactly the same.

For anyone who's in a vulnerable category due to age or underlying ill health then it would make sense to self isolate but this is no different really to any other illness in that respect, you wouldn't visit an elderly relative if you had a bad cold or flu either.

Read the quote above for a good reason why games are off.

As for your stance on virus prevention I'm glad you're not the government's chief scientific officer. Would you advocate the same for measles? Chicken pox? Mumps? Whooping cough?

Edited by speeeeeeedie
  • Like 3