BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City (H) - Saturday 14th March (3pm KO)

I just think the whole thing is bollocks. All sport pretty much cancelled until April do they really think it’s going to be any better by then. Only 10 have died here so if those low rates are replicated in April they've set a precedent. What if schools and work places follow life just grinds to a halt. The measures to try to prevent it are worse than the disease.

The authorities just want to be seen to be doing something regardless of the consequences. This is just mass hysteria and mass panicking fuelled by the overzealous media who are loving it. 

You’d think there was some sort of zombie apocalypse going on. Pathetic 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, matt83 said:

I just think the whole thing is bollocks. All sport pretty much cancelled until April do they really think it’s going to be any better by then. Only 10 have died here so if those low rates are replicated in April they've set a precedent. What if schools and work places follow life just grinds to a halt. The measures to try to prevent it are worse than the disease.

The authorities just want to be seen to be doing something regardless of the consequences. This is just mass hysteria and mass panicking fuelled by the overzealous media who are loving it. 

You’d think there was some sort of zombie apocalypse going on. Pathetic 

Matt83, I assume you're not 83 year old called matt.

Your 10 dead has doubled overnight to 21!!

Spain has had a further 37 deaths in 24 hours. Italy has 17000 cases and 1268 deaths. We are all heading in the same direction.

This is SARS not 'flu. Wake up and think of others, especially the many high risk out there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Now pissing down ffs

3 hours ago, DeeCee said:

We'll, I'm going for a bike ride on the towpath of the cut with my granddaughter and dogs. At least it's not raining atm #thankfulforsmallmercies

Managed a window in the weather and had an enjoyable hour or so ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sabino said:

Matt83, I assume you're not 83 year old called matt.

Your 10 dead has doubled overnight to 21!!

Spain has had a further 37 deaths in 24 hours. Italy has 17000 cases and 1268 deaths. We are all heading in the same direction.

This is SARS not 'flu. Wake up and think of others, especially the many high risk out there.

If you’re high risk self isolate. Fine. If you want to build a hermetically sealed room in your basement with 20,000 toilet rolls and 10 tonnes of pasta. Fine. If you want to hibernate for 6 months until you feel it’s safe to come out. Fine. But I shall be going about my normal life with a slightly more vigilant effort in terms of hand hygiene, etc. 

• Like 4

Great post. Not saying this isn't worrying for lots of people. But you cannot deny that this is not panic fueled by the media. PEople like that idiot Piers Moron whipping everyone to a panic whilst hiding behind his keyboard. 28,000 people died in 2015 from various types of flu in the Uk. Hundreds if people in the Uk died of H1N1 or swine flu. Difference is now we have a society obsessed by social media and 24hr news blasting us with negative sound bites every second. Funny how all the protests in Hong Kong have been dispersed now. What a great way of stopping dissent. Also the one way to get rid of Trump was to smash the US economy. This is a horrible situation but it has been hijacked and used for media and political agendas around the world and we all suffer. That'll be it for football for months too. In the words of Parker on Friends, 'what a time to be alive!'

Edited by Bohinen 22
Spelling

• Moderation Lead

There is no vaccine for this yet, but there is a vaccine for the flu, so comparisons with that are a bit silly. 
Is people panic buying stupid? Of course it is, but nobody has told people en masse that stocks are low anywhere so, folk need to get a grip. It’s a simple as that really.

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

If you’re high risk self isolate. Fine. If you want to build a hermetically sealed room in your basement with 20,000 toilet rolls and 10 tonnes of pasta. Fine. If you want to hibernate for 6 months until you feel it’s safe to come out. Fine. But I shall be going about my normal life with a slightly more vigilant effort in terms of hand hygiene, etc. 

Absolutely spot on. 

Not sure what our predecessors and ancestors would make of all this nonsense, some of them fought world wars in intolerable conditions to guarantee our freedom. Now we're CHOOSiNG not to go about our every day lives because we might catch a bit of a virus for a week or so.

Still it gives the 24 hrs a day media something to obsess over and go overboard on now Brexit has been sorted I suppose.

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Absolutely spot on. 

Not sure what our predecessors and ancestors would make of all this nonsense, some of them fought world wars in intolerable conditions to guarantee our freedom. Now we're CHOOSiNG not to go about our every day lives because we might catch a bit of a virus for a week or so.

Still it gives the 24 hrs a day media something to obsess over and go overboard on now Brexit has been sorted I suppose.

I am with you to a degree Rev, I am considered high risk due to a dodgy ticker but I will go about my daily business, try to wash my hands not touch my face etc.  The regular flu can likely kill me too.so am I supposed to lock myself away from the world.  My wife works in am emergency room at the hospital and they are totally overrun due to this..  Anyone with a runny nose is in the ER wanting tested.  Apparently that is a decision out of the hospitals hands.  Drs have to report those displaying symptoms to the CDC (Centre for Disease Control) they review and make the call on whether they are to be tested.  Wife reckons maybe 1 in 10 are actually tested with no positives as yet.  I dunno but I refuse to.alter.my.life.for it, my personal hygiene habits yes but that's it.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Absolutely spot on. 

This isn't the same scale as the bubonic plague but it is worrying.  Though some people are going into hyper mode over this

On 13/03/2020 at 18:01, EgyptianPete said:

My Point being the WUHAN Biological Facility

Guess who owns the facility, no other than George Soros

Now if by a miracle a vaccine is suddenly found whos going to make Billions again

Edited by EgyptianPete