BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City (H) - Saturday 14th March (3pm KO)

2 hours ago, neophox said:

If your health is normal and you are not feeling the flu, and been or met people who had been abroad there is no danger going to the game to support our team.

Not really true. I've yet to see it established that you CAN'T die from it unless you have health issues or (you missed this one) old age, just that your chances are far less. You may also have a health issue you're unaware of.

But more importantly, just because you can't die from it (if true) is no reason to say there is no danger. If you pick it up, you might be fine but you may transmit it to someone else, who dies. Maybe even someone close to you.

That said, I'll be attending on Saturday, with my dad, who is in the vulnerable age group ? 

• Like 1

• Backroom

My God, the World really is coming to end.

Page 7 of the Bristol City thread and I've got a Chief Scientific Advisor, a chadbot,  and ......fucking Donald Trump!

Now, as much as some of us are losing confidence in certain players in the squad, I'm not convinced either of those 3 are adequate replacements. (Altho I'm willing to consider arguments for BB ?)

Have all the mods got coronavirus already?! ?

• Like 1

Well I only come up a couple of times a year, have only got one properly functioning lung and am approaching 62.  I'll be at the match.

Think it was Clint who said "We all gotta die sometime"  I'll take my chance in the BBE

• Like 5

• Backroom

Mikel Arteta has tested positive. 

I'd guess that'll be our lot now, I'd be surprised if the EFL and Premier League don't release a further statement tomorrow. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Well I only come up a couple of times a year, have only got one properly functioning lung and am approaching 62.  I'll be at the match.

Think it was Clint who said "We all gotta die sometime"  I'll take my chance in the BBE

tbh honest i can think of better ways to go than watching us at home to bristol city in a cold,half empty stadium,why can`t we all meet our end after winning the champions league then perishing in an volcanic eruption that kills everyone,that would be going out in style

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My Team

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Adarabioyo Bell 

Downing Travis Johnson Rothwell

Gallagher Armstrong

subs:- Luetwiler Williams Rankin-Costello Samuel Brereton Graham Davenport

My team

Corona

Virus, is, more, important, 

Than, football,  you, selfish

Ignorant, person

• Like 6

• Backroom

people have to make their own decision on what their own needs and views. 

Just for the record, there is only 5 cases in the entire of Lancashire and none in the Blackburn with Darwen area. Source is the ITV news website

Only 5 known cases. In 5 days, who knows? Remember this is likely to go on for a couple of months at least, especially with no vaccine available.

My Team

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Adarabioyo Bell 

Downing Travis Johnson Rothwell

Gallagher Armstrong

subs:- Luetwiler Williams Rankin-Costello Samuel Brereton Graham Davenport

Has this team been approved by the government's chief medical officer?

The government's chief scientific officer prefers 4-3-3.

What do you think?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

My team

Corona

Virus, is, more, important, 

Than, football,  you, selfish

Ignorant, person

Well lets just give up now and talk of nothing else. It's a football message board. Course it's worrying but if someone wants to talk about another issue, for the sake of everyone's sanity, I say go for it. If you don't like it go off the message board and get back to tesco for some more toilet rolls.

• Like 2

Plenty of decisions for Tony this weekend especially when it comes to Rovers attackers.  The back 4 picks itself but who will be leading the line?  Meanwhile, what about Rovers youth?  JRC must be in consideration for a start. Whatever happens its must win if we need to keep the dream alive.

8 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Wrong thread but Waggott giving £300 grand back to Leeds fans tickles me.

He's already 300k down in his projections and this game along with PKE is their blue ribbon tie in terms of money.

There'll be no summer bonus for him but the Waggot tax might go up ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the govts of the world are not telling us the whole truth about this virus,why all the panic about a virus that does`nt appear to be that deadly(apart from people with underlying health issues, catching flu can be deadly to them as well)the sars and bird flu outbreak passed by without any panic whatsoever,i can only deduce they are hiding the true facts so as not to induce mass worldwide hysteria,which could be potentially just as deadly,i reckon we are all doomed

I thought the same. When you see footage of people with it on tv it looks far worse than people are making out . 

• Backroom
Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

I thought the same. When you see footage of people with it on tv it looks far worse than people are making out . 

Having delivered to 2 customers with it, they looked like death. One mid-60s and a mid-30s plumber.

Plumber's wife described it has like having flu and pneumonia in one go.

• Like 1

Taken the decision today not to attend the game tomorrow. Every other league in the world has been suspended, played behind closed doors or cancelled. I refuse to believe that a set of experts in America & every other country is saying something different to the experts in our country. 

I work with an 83 year old in my office, to attend the game and potentially catch the virus, potentially passing it onto him, would simply be selfish.

Got a strong feeling the attendance is going to be extremely low.

9 hours ago, Madon said:

Mikel Arteta has tested positive. 

I'd guess that'll be our lot now, I'd be surprised if the EFL and Premier League don't release a further statement tomorrow. 

I personally find it disgusting that its taken Mikel Arteta catching the disease for the PL to act.

The more I read the more surprised I am that it hasn't been canceled with more and more people testing positive in the sport (never mind spectators) those in the sport are a) being put at risk and b) it undermines the integrity of the competition. Then factor in that the crowds still count as a largeish gathering and you think that would want to be discouraged. 

And before Chaddy quotes his best mate, the chief thingy acknowledged that cancelling events would lessen the strain on emergency services. To me, this seems like a rather handy thing to do in the circumstances regardless of its effects in slowing the virus. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

The more I read the more surprised I am that it hasn't been canceled with more and more people testing positive in the sport (never mind spectators) those in the sport are a) being put at risk and b) it undermines the integrity of the competition. Then factor in that the crowds still count as a largeish gathering and you think that would want to be discouraged. 

And before Chaddy quotes his best mate, the chief thingy acknowledged that cancelling events would lessen the strain on emergency services. To me, this seems like a rather handy thing to do in the circumstances regardless of its effects in slowing the virus. 

Completely agree. 

Europe/Rest of World are banning all events and shutting down borders yet we re doing the complete opposite. Someones got it right and someones got it  wrong ..and unless we have information different to what the rest of the world have I cant for the life of me think why we ve not followed suit. When money orientated sport organisations are making decisions off their own bat to cancel events you have to think ..hang on ...

My wife and daughter both work in the NHS and to its credit both say that the hospitals are quite relaxed at the moment but put that down to the fact its their everyday work in dealing with  situations of life and death on a daily basis.